JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Stinging feeling in cervix? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2640178-stinging-feeling-cervix.html)

sweety_pie April 3rd, 2013 08:14 AM

Stinging feeling in cervix?

Anyone else feel a stinging feeling down there ever? I'm a little worried its like my cervix thinning or something. My cervix was torn with my last birth plus I've had a d&c in aug 2012, so I've kinda got fears of having an incompetent cervix or something. Anyone here ever have that issue?

Rosiegirl7 April 3rd, 2013 08:52 AM

Re: Stinging feeling in cervix?

Sometimes I feel shooting sharp pains, I'm not sure if that is the same as what you are feeling. I know most of these feelings are normal since our organs are moving around and our ligaments are stretching. I don't think you should worry too much about it but definitely ask at your next appointment or call them if it doesn't get better.

Irshtripletsmommy April 3rd, 2013 11:40 AM

From what I've read, dilation from an incompetent cervix is supposed to be painless, and I'm ssuming you would have had more happen by now if that was the problem. I also get occassional shooting pains in that area, but they never last long. I'm sure all is fine, but it can't hurt to talk to your dr or mw.

sweety_pie April 3rd, 2013 12:17 PM

Thanks for your replies! I've been reading you wouldn't feel it as well if it was IC. Just can't help but worry sometimes lol I will mention it at my next appt in 3 weeks or go in early if it gets worse.

soul_donut April 3rd, 2013 01:12 PM

I really can't tell things apart, whether I'm cramping here or there or if it's a certain kind of pain. I just figure that when things are bad, I'd know.

Mention it next time and in the meantime I hope things calm down down there! :)

Seasaidh April 3rd, 2013 01:23 PM

I'd mention it to my doc if I were you, but I wouldn't be in a big rush about it. If you're stressing overly much, you could sterilize your hands and do a self exam to ease your nerves - just be careful. :)

sweety_pie April 3rd, 2013 01:40 PM

I'm feeling much better after lying down all afternoon and taking it easy, think maybe I did too much when trying to clean the kids rooms today! :p I don't think I'm brave enough to check myself! haha will definitely bring it up at my next appt though.

Dolly Lama April 3rd, 2013 02:10 PM

I'm curious about the type of pain this is. There were quite a few of us in the Sept DDC with sharp, stabbing pain in the cervix - it wasn't constant, but more of like a brief zap of some sort. We named it lightening crotch. :D

If it's that, my doctor said it's harmless - just nerves being irritated by things shifting around in there.

sweety_pie April 3rd, 2013 02:18 PM

I guess it could be considered sharp at times, but I felt like it was more a sting feeling. I'm not sure really, but laying down helped it go away. TMI but it kinda felt like everything was swollen down there or something lol weird.

Irshtripletsmommy April 3rd, 2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweety_pie (Post 27254715)
I guess it could be considered sharp at times, but I felt like it was more a sting feeling. I'm not sure really, but laying down helped it go away. TMI but it kinda felt like everything was swollen down there or something lol weird.

If it feels swollen that's normal since there is more blood flow going down there now.

soul_donut April 3rd, 2013 03:40 PM

Am I the only one that has no idea about what's happening and specific body parts? I can identify them of course but if you told me to check my cervix I would just throw up my hands and make a dr's appointment.

sweety_pie April 3rd, 2013 03:42 PM

I definitely would NOT be able to find my cervix either don't worry! :P

Dolly Lama April 3rd, 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

I definitely would NOT be able to find my cervix either don't worry!
After an exam from a midwife, I'd say that I don't have a chance in h*ll of finding my cervix anyway, but even without knowing that, I had no plans of digging for it. :giggle:

Wanta.number2 April 3rd, 2013 03:49 PM

Ah, lightning crotch. I have been experiencing this about once a week. I'm experiencing anything on my cervix.

sweety_pie April 3rd, 2013 03:52 PM

No plans on digging for mine either!! :P :lol:

cooper1414 April 3rd, 2013 04:49 PM

I felt that a lot with my last pregnancy, but not yet with this one.