JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Friday Five (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2640789-friday-five.html)

2Corinthians10:4 April 5th, 2013 03:58 AM

Friday Five

1. Where did you go grow up?
2. Do you still live there?
3. Does your best friend still live there?
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown?
5. What is one good thing about your hometown?

jamieshalon2 April 5th, 2013 04:21 AM

Re: Friday Five

1. Where did you go grow up? Quinque (Quin-qwee), Virginia

2. Do you still live there? I live one town over in Stanardsville, Va

3. Does your best friend still live there? My old best friend from childhood lives one county over in Madison, Virginia. The best friend from adulthood lives about an hour from me in Fluvanna County, Virginia.

4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? this place feels very segregated between the people who have money and the people who don't. Almost like adult cliques. I don't like cliques, so I prefer to stick to myself, lol.

5. What is one good thing about your hometown?
we have one of the best Italian restaurants to eat around here. Everyone loves it.

karmaissotrue April 5th, 2013 05:27 AM

1. Where did you go grow up? Jersey
2. Do you still live there? No we've moved a few times, we finally brought a house 4 yrs ago
3. Does your best friend still live there?No
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown?There isn't much racial balance or mix
5. What is one good thing about your hometown?It's close to all major highways

FishermansWife4 April 5th, 2013 05:32 AM

1. Where did you go grow up? PA
2. Do you still live there? Yep.
3. Does your best friend still live there? Depends on which one. DH does. Female? No
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? The police are jerks. I haven't got in trouble with the law or had run ins with the law but I've watched countless people be harassed for NO REASON by them. I'm talking even the elderly. I've also watched them take their sweet old time to get there when someone calls for important emergencies, ie: domestic disturbances, situations that need SWAT intervention, breaking and entering calls, shots fired calls. GRRR!
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? It's beautiful. I love all the water that surrounds me. I love the architecture. We actually have gargoyles on a few of our buildings. It's pretty cool. We also re-located one of our buildings physically(morgue, I think..), by horse and buggy! Who else does that?! I actually love the people too! A majority of them are really sweet and friendly.

2Corinthians10:4 April 5th, 2013 05:38 AM

1. Where did you go grow up? NE, Texas
2. Do you still live there? No, the Army has taken us elsewhere. But we will be back (God willing) in about 3 years.
3. Does your best friend still live there? Yep, both of my childhood best friends still do.
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? It's boring, it's a small town so there isn't much for kids and young adults to do other than get in trouble.
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? It's beautiful. I love the NE Texas landscape, I love the pastures and the woods. I could literally just lay out in a field and be perfectly okay.

anothermother April 5th, 2013 06:05 AM

1. Where did you go grow up? South Jersey
2. Do you still live there? nope.
3. Does your best friend still live there? most of my friends growing up still live there.
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? busy, busy, busy.
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? lots of variety. everything is so close and there is 3 of everything.

Lemon April 5th, 2013 06:52 AM

1. Where did you go grow up? Florida- Miami and then Tallahassee

2. Do you still live there? We live in Tallahassee.
DH and I both went to college here and our parents are here.

3. Does your best friend still live there? She lives in Jacksonville

4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? The airport is small and expensive to fly out of.

5. What is one good thing about your hometown? The schools are good. We are an hour from the beach.

Iluvmybabies* April 5th, 2013 12:59 PM

1. Where did you go grow up? Calgary, Alberta
2. Do you still live there? yup
3. Does your best friend still live there? yup
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? my city is stupid exapensive
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? all my friends and family and the blue skies all the time

fancypants27 April 5th, 2013 01:09 PM

1. Where did you go grow up? Montreal
2. Do you still live there?Back in Montreal after leaving Quebec for almost 10 years
3. Does your best friend still live there?She does
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown?The language police, (if your not french)
5. What is one good thing about your hometown?Home of the Montreal Bagel, Smoked meat sandwich and POUTINE!

YoginiMomma April 5th, 2013 08:06 PM

1. Where did you go grow up? small town Connecticut, suburban town in Florida (moved when I was 12)
2. Do you still live there? my parents still live in Florida, I got the heck out as soon as i could!
3. Does your best friend still live there? She did live there but she lives in colorado now, maybe california soon.
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? connecticut- small, snows, no culture, no racial diversity, no diversity at all actually. florida- old people, suburban strip malls endlessly lining the roads, flat, no good hiking.
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? connecticut- nothing really. florida- beautiful beaches, culture, art, produce, gorgeous weather.

Druslady96 April 5th, 2013 11:54 PM

1. Where did you go grow up? Union City, CA
2. Do you still live there?[COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]I live just on the border of the next town[/COLOR]
3. Does your best friend still live there? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]Nope, both my BFFs live 1 1/2 hrs away in opposite directions[/COLOR]
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]There is only one high school and it has a ton of kids and they allow kids from all over to transfer in[/COLOR]
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? [COLOR="rgb(153, 50, 204)"]location... surrounding it, within an hour (or less) you can be at the beach, in the city (SF), in the valley, in wine country, in the mountains, a amusement parks, 3 airports.... [/COLOR]

Druslady96 April 5th, 2013 11:54 PM

1. Where did you go grow up? Union City, CA
2. Do you still live there?I live just on the border of the next town
3. Does your best friend still live there? Nope, both my BFFs live 1 1/2 hrs away in opposite directions
4. What is one bad thing about your hometown? There is only one high school and it has a ton of kids and they allow kids from all over to transfer in
5. What is one good thing about your hometown? location... surrounding it, within an hour (or less) you can be at the beach, in the city (SF), in the valley, in wine country, in the mountains, a amusement parks, 3 airports....