JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   DH just made my year... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2641222-dh-just-made-my-year.html)

FishermansWife4 April 6th, 2013 06:19 PM

DH just made my year...

So we've definitely decided on our girl name. Helen Anne to honor our grandmas. His is still alive and this would be her first great granddaughter.

A little background info: I was as close to my Dad as I could be, considering my mother is abusive and kept us apart. I went to live with him when I was 16 but there were issues, so I moved back in with my mother. After I left my mother's house at 18, my Dad and I re-connected. He apologized for his screw ups, something my mother never did. He was my only family to visit in the hospital when DD was born at 29 weeks. I still remember the way he looked that day. I moved to NJ the summer when I was 18. I kept in contact with my Dad and he came to visit me because I almost got married to a jerk but Daddy always supported me emotionally and mentally. He's awesome. When I moved back to PA, Dad & I got closer and he even took me to my c-section with DD#2. Even took my abusive mother with us, which was no easy task for him to tolorate. He was very involved in my life from then on. I'd go have dinner at his house. He got to know two of his grandchildren. He gave DH permission to marry me at a dinner at his house. Life was good. Unfortunately, he was very sick and passed of scerosis of the liver. It'll be 3 years in August. My heart still breaks and misses him to this day. I have no parents left.

Tonight, DH called and out of the blue said, "Kennith John." No leading up to it. Nothing. I was floored! We'd discussed the name John before I was pregnant, but he was always against it because it is his Uncle's name and no one likes that snake. I let it go and we agreed it wasn't for us. We knew if we are having a boy, his first name would be Kennith after DH's amazing Uncle Kenny who was always there for him. He actually said he wanted the middle name, John, for my father. I'm crying tears of joy. I'm overwhelmed. I can't believe he actually came up with this on his own. I had to share this with you ladies. It's monumental to me. I just really hope he doesn't change his mind because I've already fallen in love with that name.

QL1516 April 6th, 2013 06:27 PM

Re: DH just made my year...

That is perfect. It even flows beautifully. I'm tearing up for you. Beautiful names. :)

WhitneysMommy2011 April 6th, 2013 07:38 PM

How thoughtful! I love the name!

2Corinthians10:4 April 7th, 2013 06:44 AM

That's so sweet of him, and I think the name is perfect. It fits together perfectly and I love that it means something to both of you :)

Lemon April 7th, 2013 07:17 AM

That's so sweet! :)

islandbaby April 7th, 2013 07:39 AM

That is truly a great way to honour two important men in your lives!!!

CountryMedic911 April 7th, 2013 07:57 AM

Those are truly amazing names sound so beautiful and the fact the mean so much to both of you makes them that much more special!

FishermansWife4 April 7th, 2013 09:10 AM

Thank you, ladies. I talked to DH again this morning and he said he was serious about Kennith John so I'm definitely letting myself get excited over our name choices. :D

CountryMedic911 April 7th, 2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 (Post 27265436)
Thank you, ladies. I talked to DH again this morning and he said he was serious about Kennith John so I'm definitely letting myself get excited over our name choices. :D

You deserve to get excited about it! After how hard this one has been for you! It's awesome to see you excited!

WorkerBeeMama April 7th, 2013 10:34 AM

Aww, that's really sweet :)

The Purple Butterfly April 7th, 2013 04:31 PM

My dad and brother are both Kenneth. How sweet of him!!! :wub:

slmehaffey April 7th, 2013 06:12 PM

Aww what a good hubby! we have not even discussed names really. no idea why I'm not flipping out over them, I did with both of my others... but we are not finding out gender this time and DH says he can't think names if he doesn't know gender, and I'm just sort of waiting for the need to name to hit me...lol.. might not until baby arrives. If it is a boy we know the first name will be Micah, but that is as far as we've gotten and only that far because we've had the name choosen forever.

I love that your DH came up with it on his own and that all your name choices honor people you love!

sweety_pie April 8th, 2013 03:19 AM

Thats sweet of your DH! :)

jamieshalon2 April 8th, 2013 04:03 AM

That is great!! How sweet of your dh.

FishermansWife4 April 8th, 2013 08:30 AM

Thank you ladies SO much! I can't wait to get a frame made for new baby once we know which name to use :wub: and DH is getting personalized onsies done in Wildwood on the board walk where he works or Sea Gear personalizes commercial fisherman related clothing so he'll be getting something like that for baby. I can't wait!! :rundance:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryMedic911 (Post 27265446)
You deserve to get excited about it! After how hard this one has been for you! It's awesome to see you excited!

Thank you SO much for this comment. Sometimes I feel really guilty for getting excited because this is my 4th child.

CountryMedic911 April 8th, 2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 (Post 27267744)
Thank you SO much for this comment. Sometimes I feel really guilty for getting excited because this is my 4th child.

Girl! Get as excited as much as you want a baby is an amazing thing each one special! So rock it girl!