JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   A good sign! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2643067-good-sign.html)

Effervescence April 13th, 2013 06:24 PM

A good sign!

I'm going to take this as a good sign that I'm almost out of the first tri!!! I am twelve weeks today. Right now sitting here, I realized that I am neither felling sick as a dog, or super starving hungry. And it's 9:00, usually the time I fell one of the two! I had a good sized lunch, then a snack before exercising, then some cheese and fruit after exercising, then a good sized dinner, I don't even feel like the snack I had prepared for this time! That might change in ten minutes or so, but lately I've been alternating between holding back the puke gates and wanting to eat everything I can get my hands on... it's nice to just be normal :)

Anyone else starting to feel better?

MrsPea April 13th, 2013 06:32 PM

Re: A good sign!

Yes! I'm at 12 weeks too, and realized that this past week I didn't take one nap or order in once! I even cooked and started a home project. Really crossing my fingers I'm over the MS phase.

Loni April 13th, 2013 06:32 PM

I started feeling better about a week to 10 days ago. It's awesome to finally be able to get a few things done around the house. I know DH is thankful for his clean clothes!

Lemon April 14th, 2013 04:46 AM

Things are still coming and going, but I'm definitely on the upswing! :)

fancypants27 April 14th, 2013 04:56 AM

Started feeling better a few days ago. Insomnia has also subsided, although im up several times in the night to pee.

FishermansWife4 April 14th, 2013 08:29 AM

I'm starting to feel better but it's probably due to the zofran. I got sick as a dog yesterday and could barely move without feeling violently ill because I left my medication at home and I unexpectedly ended up spending the night at my cousin's house.

sweety_pie April 14th, 2013 09:03 AM

I noticed I no longer needed naps the past 2 weeks or so! :D

Mountain Momma April 14th, 2013 09:53 AM

Gotta love the 2nd trimester, now if it could just start sooner and last longer!

Iluvmybabies* April 14th, 2013 10:33 AM

I'm coming out of the HG fog, I can actually eat now!

MrsHoot April 14th, 2013 05:35 PM

I have a lot more energy than I had before!!

Lotsakids April 14th, 2013 06:22 PM

Please please please may next week bring 'feeling better.' :p

Glad to hear you're feeling better ;)

Seasaidh April 14th, 2013 06:44 PM

I'm one of those that most women want to strangle - I got *very* mild and downright tolerable 1st tri symptoms in both pregnancies. To call anything I suffered "morning sickness" would do a terrible disservice to those of you who actually had it.

It wasn't all sunshine, mind you, but I can hardly complain after reading what most people go through. I paid for it in the end with my last one, though, with a 46 hour labor that ended in c-section and postpartum depression that hit me like a mack truck.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the overall trend is positive and you all are starting to feel human again. Welcome back. :)

Iluvmybabies* April 14th, 2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermansWife4 (Post 27284700)
I'm starting to feel better but it's probably due to the zofran. I got sick as a dog yesterday and could barely move without feeling violently ill because I left my medication at home and I unexpectedly ended up spending the night at my cousin's house.

I have to be on my zofran and other meds the whole pregnancy I don't dare get off them

I hope it eases for you soon and you can ditch the Zofran

Effervescence April 14th, 2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seasaidh (Post 27285837)
I'm one of those that most women want to strangle - I got *very* mild and downright tolerable 1st tri symptoms in both pregnancies. To call anything I suffered "morning sickness" would do a terrible disservice to those of you who actually had it.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that the overall trend is positive and you all are starting to feel human again. Welcome back. :)

I didn't have much sickness with my other pregnancies. With my son, I would throw up but only in specific situations- if I smelled one of my triggers. Heartburn was the absolute worst pregnancy ailment for me, so I was surprised to be so sick all the time with this one. It wasn't anything like HG like other women here have experienced, but I wasn't prepared for anything like this.

I went running today and it's the first time I didn't have to duck behind a tree off the trail to throw up :sneak: I really have a lot of respect for the mamas here with HG having to go through it to even more of an extreme! I'm glad to hear that the zofran is helping with that.

nina529 April 14th, 2013 10:19 PM

i'm 12 weeks as of this weekend and i have to agree i'm feeling better. i had the energy today to get some much needed housework done and i even made dinner tonight. mornings are still a little hard, no morning sickness or anything like that, i just seem to need an extra 30 min of sleep to get me through the day. i guess i should go to bed a little earlier lol.

drewbears April 15th, 2013 07:56 AM

Yeah for feeling good!

I go from feeling yucky to having a good day here or there, but then it goes back to yuck. I don't feel as tired all the time though.

Anitha April 15th, 2013 08:03 AM

So glad you are feeling better. I am feeling much much better. I definitely feel like the M/S is gone!! Yay! Although, I have to be stressfree, eat well (not go hungry for even a minute), rest enough and stay hydrated because any of these would trigger the nausea and a bad migraine to boot :sneak: But overall much much better than how I felt a couple weeks back.