JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Names (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2644052-names.html)

Spyctre April 17th, 2013 03:59 PM

Names

I changed my mind about names. I absolutely adore Alchemy. It's so weird, but I love it! And it's Halloweenish. DH hates it. In his words: That name makes no sense!

She'll be born in the fall, things change to gold in the fall! I don't know if I'll fell this way in a week, but right now Alchemy is the coolest name EVER.

So what do you think about it?

~*Nicole*~ April 17th, 2013 04:10 PM

Re: Names

K, I didn't vote because I neither love it nor think it's for freaks haha. It DOES however make me think of the novel "The Alchemist" which might be what you intended, Idk. Honestly, I don't always like the names people pick for their kids, but different strokes... if you love it, I say go for it!

The Purple Butterfly April 17th, 2013 04:11 PM

:ditto:

Spyctre April 17th, 2013 04:17 PM

I can't. It's been vetoed! Just interested in what people think. I need a new pet to name.

Irshtripletsmommy April 17th, 2013 04:20 PM

I don't love it so much I would name my child that, but it's interesting

soul_donut April 17th, 2013 04:54 PM

Ditto to Nicole, but I could NOT resist clicking any poll option that said "a freak name for mini-freaks" hahahaha. So that "1" so far is MOI. <3

sweety_pie April 17th, 2013 04:57 PM

Its not really my style ;)

Lemon April 17th, 2013 04:59 PM

It's NMS. :)

Spyctre April 17th, 2013 04:59 PM

LOL Melissa!

Lotsakids April 17th, 2013 06:03 PM

I have a friend on-line who's daughter is Alchemy. They call her Ally. It's not my style personally.

Seasaidh April 17th, 2013 06:16 PM

Not striking a chord with me, sorry.

I wouldn't call a child with that name a freak, but I would suspect her parents are "interesting". lol :P

(Nothing wrong with interesting either. I'm downright interesting in some ways, but I try not to broadcast it lest I accidentally get more attention than I bargained for.)

SierraWinter April 17th, 2013 06:25 PM

Not a fan of the name but I wouldn't say its a freak name. I like names that are different, this one is just really different.

fancypants27 April 17th, 2013 06:35 PM

I wouldn't think it was odd if one of my kids had a friend/classmate with that name. But im not a fan of the name...

FishermansWife4 April 17th, 2013 06:47 PM

I'm not going to lie, I like Alchemy, especially for a girl. I could see calling her baby Meme or Ally or Chemy(Keh me). I have a daughter named Aurora with the nickname Rawr Rawr though so...*Shrug*

jamieshalon2 April 18th, 2013 04:35 AM

I have to agree with Amber here. I really like the name and I think it is perfect for a Halloween baby.

Kelsie April 18th, 2013 08:45 AM

Totally voted for freaks because I thought it was an awesome choice.

chachartier April 18th, 2013 09:01 AM

So it looks like maybe you shouldn't have made the second option so enticing to click on LOL

I actually like the name, but I actually feel like it is a better boy's name for some reason?? I don't know why, especially with the nicknames Ally and Chemy like Amber said

WorkerBeeMama April 18th, 2013 10:04 AM

I appreciate neat names in other people, but for me, I tend to go with traditional names. I don't want my kids getting made fun of (not saying the name Alchemy would, but just in general).

DH and I heard a mom call her daughter int he store and her name was Ireland. We LOVED it, but when it came down to it, we just couldn't name our daughter that. But we do love it.

Anitha April 18th, 2013 12:14 PM

Alchemy literally means transformation. Alchemists of yesteryears worked in early chemistry and mainly worked on making gold out of ordinary substances. It has a magical feel to it. I like it. BUT wouldn't name my child with it or reasons Mindy mentioned. Our Indian names are going to be 'different' enough!

drewbears April 23rd, 2013 08:46 AM

I didn't vote... It made me think of the Smurfs sorry.