JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Weirdest/funniest pregnancy related symptom lately? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2644252-weirdest-funniest-pregnancy-related-symptom-lately.html)

soul_donut April 18th, 2013 12:21 PM

Weirdest/funniest pregnancy related symptom lately?

It seems like with every new week, symptoms come and go! And sometimes, they're weird. What are your recent ones?

:tmi:

Itchy nipples?! I'm sure this won't last for a while but it certainly has been a strange symptom! hahaha

Rosiegirl7 April 18th, 2013 12:31 PM

Re: Weirdest/funniest pregnancy related symptom lately?

Hiccups all the time and morning bloody noses..

jamieshalon2 April 18th, 2013 12:33 PM

Hmmm, I can't think of anything strange, but I know I have had the most horrible gas this pregnancy. Not just regular old gas, but painful gas, and it is quite stinky. I really hate it, lol.

WorkerBeeMama April 18th, 2013 12:42 PM

Hahaha, that was me last night. I told DH he might need to sleep on the couch. I think it was some strange greek yogurt granola thing I ate though, not pregnancy related. That happens at the end though and man, is it awful!

sweety_pie April 18th, 2013 12:45 PM

I've had super itchy nipples too, omg it sucks!! lol

nina529 April 18th, 2013 02:19 PM

my feet have been really itchy
and maybe it's not weird but this bloated belly omg i can hardly stand it. i feel huge all the time. i wasn't bloated at all with my son, not that i can remember.

Mountain Momma April 18th, 2013 07:39 PM

I feel like I could cut my fingernails everyday because they are growing so fast, I'm sure the prenatal vitamins have something to do with it!

Laurenj915 April 19th, 2013 08:02 AM

Um maybe too much info but my weird symptom is being so swollen after sex that I need an ice pack. What the heck???

jennyrae03 April 19th, 2013 08:15 AM

Nothing too weird so far over here...except the fingernail thing. I have been taking prenatals since December, and they JUST started growing fast maybe three weeks ago. So I'm blaming baby for that one!

soul_donut April 19th, 2013 08:38 AM

ice pack! That does sound extreme. I'd talk to the doc, but if that's ok then I guess lucky you!? Maybe more lucky after baby is here, lol.

I had a lot of nail problems before (I had a couple warts growing under my nail/cuticle - so random!) which weakened them and caused ridges. I had that treated with lasers and after that, was just careful. Taking prenatals though - that really helped! My nails look better than ever and are getting strong! I wonder if I hadn't had that issue last year, whether I'd have solid gold talons by now, lol.

Oh yeah, gas. I am not loving that symptom. I wasn't surprised about it. I think it'll be funny in the fall when I can't even control it though (so I hear). That'll be so gross / funny. Poor DH! hahaha.

QL1516 April 19th, 2013 09:47 AM

Every morning when I wake up, stretch while lying down, my hips pop.

jennyrae03 April 19th, 2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_donut (Post 27299265)
Oh yeah, gas. I am not loving that symptom. I wasn't surprised about it. I think it'll be funny in the fall when I can't even control it though (so I hear). That'll be so gross / funny. Poor DH! hahaha.

Okay so I have to ask this...am I the only weirdo who isn't "open" about my gas issues in front of my spouse? Like if I am feeling gassy, I will seriously hold it until he's out of the room or until I go to the bathroom or something. He farts in front of me ALL THE TIME and I mostly just think it's funny, but for some reason I can NOT bring myself to do it in front of him. I feel like he's going to be like "Okay we just crossed into weird territory" and not look at me the same! haha - I need to get over myself, I think. :rolleyes:

BelloFiglioLA April 19th, 2013 02:24 PM

I have really bad allergies...and cannot stop sneezing. And when I sneeze I pee. I mean just a little but still a gross preggo symptom.

Hold your farts in? I'd never be able to do that haha. Maybe when we were 1st together but that didn't last long. I poop while DH is in the shower all the time lol. We are very open.

soul_donut April 19th, 2013 03:50 PM

@jenny - I try not to purposely do it, and if I know it's going to be either loud or stinky, I'll leave the room. But normal toots? Meh. We do keep the door shut when we #2 though, but neither of us would be horrified if we walked in on each other, you know? More like, that's the last barrier yet to cross. I bet it'll happen when we have the kid though.. they never give you privacy! I feel like pack and plays have been invented for showers and #2s. We are also lucky that we have a big house with multiple bathrooms so we can get privacy.

jennyrae03 April 19th, 2013 03:57 PM

@Mel - yeah I hear ya. I mean, I have no qualms about peeing in front of him, or vice versa, and it often gets announced in our house when a #2 is about to happen...I just don't do it with the door open or anything. Like you said though, after kids, I'm sure those things will happen!

drewbears April 23rd, 2013 08:57 AM

my skin itches on my tummy, but i figured it just from dry skin in general and the growing belly.