JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Intelligender (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2644334-intelligender.html)

anothermother April 18th, 2013 06:20 PM

Intelligender

Anyone do it? I remember when I was preg with Alexis it was *the thing* to do. I didn't have the money to do it then. This time, my dear friend Amy (Ame C), wanted to graciously chip in for one, just for fun :)

So what do ya think? Guess we'll see if this, and the baking soda test.... er, and pretty much every other test, is right in 11 days!

http://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...fd01f4dda6.jpg

jennyrae03 April 18th, 2013 07:07 PM

Re: Intelligender

I'm too cheap to buy one of those lol :P can't wait to hear if your results are accurate after your actual gender scan!

soul_donut April 18th, 2013 08:10 PM

I don't know what this is!

*Lana* April 18th, 2013 08:49 PM

I was on the fence about trying it! Just for fun. May do it for the heck of it... Maybe this weekend.
At least yours was very obvious, and no guessing on the result!

Ame C April 18th, 2013 09:30 PM

LOL!! -- awesome!! :cool::cool::cool:

Okay so tell me all about it, what was the hubster's reaction? Did you show your girls?
I'm so stoked to see if the test turns out to be right or not!! ...Yes, I said stoked! That's how freakin giddy I am right now :excited: I'm not sure if this test cheered you up or not but I'm over the moon!! As long as it made you smile it was worth every penny :smile:

Iluvmybabies* April 18th, 2013 09:49 PM

I did with my last and got blue lol

sweety_pie April 19th, 2013 03:56 AM

Hope its right for you! :)

jamieshalon2 April 19th, 2013 04:00 AM

I really do hope it is right for you.
I had 2 friends try it with their last pregnancies and it was wrong for them both, BUT my SIL also did it and it was right for her. I don't know what to think about it.

Lemon April 19th, 2013 04:08 AM

Hope it's right for you!! :)

Allisonjuly April 19th, 2013 05:38 AM

I've never seen this. What am I looking at?

FishermansWife4 April 19th, 2013 05:46 AM

I'm confused as well. I don't understand. Maybe it's pregnancy brain but which test is yours? How are they read? What is the results? Can you go in depth for this lady so I understand a little bit better, please?

Anitha April 19th, 2013 07:20 AM

Amber, both pics are of her test. I think you have to compare the color of the label that says girl or boy with the color of the contents of the test. Her's matches the 'boy' color - therefore the result is boy!

Christine, I hope it is correct for you. So excited :excited:

anothermother April 19th, 2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ame C (Post 27298472)
LOL!! -- awesome!! :cool::cool::cool:

Okay so tell me all about it, what was the hubster's reaction? Did you show your girls?
I'm so stoked to see if the test turns out to be right or not!! ...Yes, I said stoked! That's how freakin giddy I am right now :excited: I'm not sure if this test cheered you up or not but I'm over the moon!! As long as it made you smile it was worth every penny :smile:

Eh, Hubber's doesn't put much stock in it, but he really, really likes the idea of having a lil dude :) And yes, it definitely made my day yesterday. Thank you so much, darling!

We find out in *10* days :excited: I can't wait! But really, we don't care either way, we will be equally excited either way. I just can't wait to start buying little girl or little boy outfits :)

And yes, you girls may want to google it because I'm horrible explaining it. But basically it's a high end baking soda test.

*Lana* April 19th, 2013 10:49 AM

I think it basically turns colors based off your urine pH (due to product in the cup), which is similar to the baking soda--different pH levels causer the fizzing/no fizzing. Different thing can play a factor in your urine pH level.
The BRU by me has it in stock. May grab it this afternoon. My gender scan is in 7 days, 22 hours, 42 minutes... but whose counting!
Hope your results are correct!

Mountain Momma April 19th, 2013 11:18 AM

Thanks for explaining it, I couldn't figure it out either!

Allisonjuly April 19th, 2013 01:53 PM

Ok so it's the same bottle but photographed from each side.

anothermother April 19th, 2013 02:54 PM

Correct ^^^ I just turned it around to compare the color with the gender color on eac side of the bottle

FishermansWife4 April 19th, 2013 05:46 PM

OHHH! Okay! Thanks for letting me know. I was one confused lady. GO TEAM BLUE! :bluecheer: :bluecheer: :bluecheer: I hope you get your precious bouncing boy this time, but as usual, I'm hoping you have a very happy and healthy baby growing, reguardless of gender, Anothermother. Lots and lots of open leg vibes to you!

Also : LOL Lana. If I had a date, I'd have a ticker for it so no worries ;)

drewbears April 23rd, 2013 09:01 AM

They were a big thing people were doing when I was preggo with #6 I think. I never did. Too costly for me.

There was never much talk of the percentage of them being right and such though.