JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Funny story! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2645278-funny-story.html)

anothermother April 23rd, 2013 10:00 AM

Funny story!

I October... er, January seemed to be a very popular month. I currently have 3 friends from my previous DDC (including Kelsie and iCathy) and 5 IRL friends all due within a month of me. Crazy!

Anyway, Sunday we got a call from one of Joe's good friends saying his wife was pregnant and she was due a week after me. So DH said "Hey, if you guys could have kids on the same day. She could go early and you could go l----" I quickly interjected "Don't you DARE say the "L" word".

My how hubby forgets how awful and b****y I get those last couple weeks ;)

soul_donut April 23rd, 2013 10:02 AM

Re: Funny story!

Don't let the jinx happen! ;)

DH just found out someone he works with that lives in the same part of town is due 10/9. I'm due 10/11 - we could have babies on the same day! I hope I'm first - DIBS on the nicer room!

anothermother April 23rd, 2013 10:13 AM

-

jamieshalon2 April 23rd, 2013 10:30 AM

I have a friend at work who is due a month after me, but with her last 2 pregnancies she had the babies at 36 weeks, so it is very likely that she and I will go at or around the same time. It is fun to be due around the same time as a friend/family member, but it can also feel like a race or battle sometimes as to who gets to do things first, etc. ;)

anothermother April 23rd, 2013 10:35 AM

-

drewbears April 23rd, 2013 10:55 AM

funny!

On the getting busy....

Yesterday on FB I put this post....
If only I could clone myself 4 times and have 4 more vehicles I could get everyone where they need to be on time and get a bunch of other stuff done. Maybe if I could get Scott cloned a few times too we could actually see each other for more than 5 minutes here or there. And this is just the start of the week! I'm putting up my white flag and surrendering.

And someone replied with this...
Welp I guess it was a good 5 min since #8 is on the way...

Its been since I would say mid feb since we haven't been as busy as we are now.... guess we were getting busy then, just havent since HA

Kelsie April 23rd, 2013 11:03 AM

My sister is a due a month after me and totally fakes sick. It's disgusting. The other day she called me and told me she had just thrown up all over herself, the walls, and the floor at work and asked me to bring her clothes and carpet cleaner. I got there and there was not a drop of throw up anywhere. She was wearing a white dress! No smell, no wet spots, nothing. Then she had me buy her new shoes because they were covered in vomit. I didn't even know what to say! She's delusional. Afterwards she told me that I don't know what it's like to be sick and she's lost 10 lbs. she's 12 weeks and has only lost 10 lbs. I lose at least that with every pregnancy not throwing up. I was so sick with Lucy, by 12 weeks I'd lost at least 20 lbs. I stayed on the couch for half the pregnancy, and I don't know what it's like to be sick. Then she's always sayin how much the dr loves her, trying to make me jealous. Uh, I hate going to the dr, so I don't give a rats *** how much you've swindled him into believing you're sick so you can get meds. It's awful and a total comparison. I can't even talk to her about pregnancy because she takes all the fun out of it.

mamarazzi40 April 23rd, 2013 11:08 AM

I have a good friend due 6 weeks before me. We have the same first name and our daughters have the same name haha. Our husband'swhose names both start with the same letter have joked about whether we're naming these babies the same.

We didn't know each other when our daughters were born.

anothermother April 23rd, 2013 11:18 AM

-

jennyrae03 April 23rd, 2013 11:59 AM

I have a couple friends that are pregnant, but neither of them are due the same time as me. One is due in August and the other in September. Plus, they aren't close friends at all, so I haven't even talked to them about our pregnancies!

However...there is a girl at my work who is pregnant, and due in the end of May/early June (I can't remember and/or don't care). She was a huge complainer prior to being pregnant, and now it is a ZILLION times worse. She is constantly complaining about everything, and how miserable she is - this started at about three months along.

I have made it my personal goal to not b*tch and moan as much as her while I'm pregnant :)

anothermother April 23rd, 2013 12:06 PM

-

Kelsie April 23rd, 2013 12:11 PM

That is a bum deal about the twins? Weren't there issues with others?

She is a first time mom. She lost "supposed" twins in June, however no one saw an u/s and I'm not sure it was true. She made it sound like the dr wasn't even sure, but told everyone she did lose twins. She's such an attention *****. Haha.

I've always been pregnant with a sibling. One of my sisters uses my pregnancies to convince her husband to have another. Like, she can't handle the fact that I have more than her. Then she complains that her kids are awful! Makes me laugh.

Most days laughing is all I can do to get through being pregnant with siblings.