JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Whats your blood type? OT (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2645329-whats-your-blood-type-ot.html)

Rosiegirl7 April 23rd, 2013 11:02 AM

Whats your blood type? OT

I've been reading up on blood types and its super interesting how the different types are dispersed around the world. There's also a lot of information out there on "eating for your bloodtype" which makes sense to me since our blood links us to our ancestry and where food was unique to that part of the world.

I found out I'm 0+ which is the oldest blood type around, universal donor, and the best diet is meats, vegetables and fruit (or Paleo!).

So whats your blood type and what do you know about it?

jamieshalon2 April 23rd, 2013 11:04 AM

Re: Whats your blood type? OT

All I know is that I am A+, I know nothing about it and I don't even know DH's blood type, lol. I am sure I have it somewhere what the kids are, but I don't remember theirs either. The only reason I know mine right now is because at my last OB appt my doc was reading over my chart and he said I am A+.

soul_donut April 23rd, 2013 11:05 AM

Very cool! I just found out I'm B+. I think that type comes from Asia? My more recent ancestry is Polish and Irish. My diet is very well rounded - not sure whether that corresponds with my blood type. My friend's blood type requires a lot of meat and she finds herself doing Atkins style diets a lot and loving it.

Rosiegirl7 April 23rd, 2013 11:10 AM

http://glamomamas.com/files/2012/06/...-diet-copy.png

sweety_pie April 23rd, 2013 11:11 AM

I just looked on my prenatal paper record thing and I'm a O+ too!

jennyrae03 April 23rd, 2013 11:15 AM

Is it super terrible that I can't remember my blood type? I just had to text my mom to verify because I wasn't 100% certain. Hello pregnancy brain!!

I am AB+, the universal receiver, and universal plasma donor!

drewbears April 23rd, 2013 11:15 AM

I am A- and dh is A+

*Lana* April 23rd, 2013 11:24 AM

A+

~*Nicole*~ April 23rd, 2013 11:26 AM

O+ here too!

soul_donut April 23rd, 2013 11:36 AM

I totally read the wrong line for my blood type. Mine says chicken isn't good for me! I disagree :)

Anitha April 23rd, 2013 12:01 PM

I am A+ and DH is B+

Loni April 23rd, 2013 12:22 PM

I'm A- and DH is O+. My girls are A+ and my son is O+.

Seasaidh April 23rd, 2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_donut (Post 27308923)
I totally read the wrong line for my blood type. Mine says chicken isn't good for me! I disagree :)

I wouldn't put too much stock into that chart's info - for one it doesn't cite its sources (always a red flag), and for two, if it's to be believed, everyone has a "strong immune system".

Your immune system is developed/determined by environmental factors and exposures. Having a given blood type (or having *any* blood type at all, if we refer to the chart) does not guarantee a good immune system.

I forget why we're sharing (lol) but I'm a universal recipient - I think that means O negative? IIRC.

Allisonjuly April 23rd, 2013 01:26 PM

O+ and my dh and all our kids are too.

1fabulousfem April 23rd, 2013 05:31 PM

I an O-. I'm a universal donor but can only get blood from someone with O-. David doesn't know his type so I get a **** if Rhogam before baby gets here and after.

Spyctre April 23rd, 2013 05:59 PM

O+ for me! So is DH. Alice is O+, But Winter is O-. Poor kid, has to deal with that!

Oddly enough, the diet that recommends happens to be what I mostly eat. However, I hate liver and am allergic to spinach.

fancypants27 April 23rd, 2013 06:09 PM

O+, universal receiver but not donor I believe

WhitneysMommy2011 April 23rd, 2013 06:36 PM

I think I am O+. Can't remember for sure.

Effervescence April 23rd, 2013 07:31 PM

O- I cannot donate blood because I have an uncommon antibody, oddly enough it is believed I picked it up from a blood transfusion with donated blood!!! The chart says cabbage is a bad food for me. I am of strong german descent, so cabbage is kind of like "home cooking" for me, but I will honestly say that I get indigestion after eating it, and never end up using a whole head when I buy it because I simply can't eat that much cabbage and feel okay.

FishermansWife4 April 23rd, 2013 07:45 PM

I'm A+. I just checked.
No offense to the vegitarians out there, but I just couldn't do it. I love my meat & potatoes.