JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Everyone poops... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2645358-everyone-poops.html)

BelloFiglioLA April 23rd, 2013 01:19 PM

Everyone poops...

...except me? :sneak: I have Crohn's disease and usually "go" an average of 3-4 times a day. I know constipation is a pregnancy side effect but I have never been constipated in my life. Usually I am the exact opposite. I haven't pooped since last Wednesday!! When does it become dangerous? I am just imagining all the food I'm putting into my body building up in my bowels and I feel like they are eventually going to burst and kill me. I am really start to worry. :mellow:

drewbears April 23rd, 2013 01:54 PM

Re: Everyone poops...

are you in pain? I would call your doc and ask if you can take a stool softener maybe?

Are there certain foods that will trigger it for you?

jennyrae03 April 23rd, 2013 01:59 PM

Well my husband definitely isn't pregnant, but after we got back from our honeymoon, he was constipated for almost two weeks! It was awful! We tried all sorts of stool softeners, laxatives, etc. Finally he had to take an enema (so glad he doesn't get on here and read this or I'll be in trouble for sharing!) and that got things going!

I agree, try a stool softener! Or like Jenn said, maybe certain foods? Pardon the TMI, but I know that sometimes really spicy foods will do it for me, or really greasy food. Not that greasy food is good for you, but hey if it helps! :P

WorkerBeeMama April 23rd, 2013 02:55 PM

I would say if you are not pooping at a minimum of once a week then you need a stool softener.

I have IBS so I know the idea of taking something to make you poop when you normally do nothing but poop sounds a little scary, but if you just take one MILD one, and see what happens, and then another if that doesn't do anything you will be fine.

Stay away from laxatives though. I accidentally took a laxative instead of a stool softener once and it was no bueno.

ILoveStorm2011 April 23rd, 2013 03:00 PM

I take milk of magnesia at least once every two weeks. I have had such a problem since becoming pregnant its not even funny :( see what your doctor recommends but I would take something! I tell my dh my belly is mostly food lol

Allisonjuly April 23rd, 2013 05:34 PM

I'm only going once a week. By day 8 if I haven't gone I have to take drastic measures :sneak:

soul_donut April 23rd, 2013 05:47 PM

I made a chili with 2 kinds of beans for a high fiber meal for DH and I - dark red kidney beans have one of the higher fiber counts. That helped us out!

BelloFiglioLA April 23rd, 2013 05:59 PM

Thanks for all the concern about my bowel movements lmao. I'm glad to know I'm not alone! I will put a call in tomorrow to see what is my best option.

Mindy, you are so right. It is scary to think about using something to make myself poop when I usually pray to stop! The only time I've ever used laxatives was before the colonoscopies that I've had.

It's not painful ( I mean, I have stomach pain everyday but I chalk that up to Crohns. It's normal for me) but I feel so full and uncomfortable. And I keep imagining my bowels bursting. How much can they hold?? haha High fiber and a softener sound pretty good at this point.

QL1516 April 23rd, 2013 09:45 PM

I'm planning on going with aloe Vera juice to start. It's not as instantaneous - usually - as a softener or laxative, but it's mild and can be taken daily and can help overall. I've not learned it with the doctor yet or checked, but can't imagine it'd be harmful in any way. I have IBS as well so I try to stay away from laxatives and medications. A fiber supplement, maybe?

I've probably gone longer than a week and been ok. It's not comfortable and can set off attacks for me, but so can the opposite. :/