JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   My 16 wekk appt today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2645395-my-16-wekk-appt-today.html)

WorkerBeeMama April 23rd, 2013 02:04 PM

My 16 wekk appt today

So I had my 16 week appt today. It went well even though I was stressing about time and getting back to work for a meeting I was running :(

She did an unexpected ultrasound, so that was cool. We (Josh and I) saw the heartbeat and little Jane is looking like an alien right now ;)

She kept slightly moving her one hand so it looked like she was really trying to wave to us. It was cute.

So baby is doing well.

Dr did not like that I had braxton hicks contractions the other night and wants me to not lift anything heavy and to take it easy. She also wants me to work on not being so stressed out. It's so hard though, I have a busy life.

And she wants me to eat healthy. I eat basically whatever I feel like and she wants me to eat less sodium and less junk food. It will be hard but I am going to try.

Other than that it was uneventful. We go for the anatomy scan in two and a half week and then back to the OB in 4 weeks.

Oh and she could see girl parts on the ultrasound, so just in case we were in the 0.006% of people that get a false materniT21 gender result, it's still a girl!

jennyrae03 April 23rd, 2013 02:09 PM

Re: My 16 wekk appt today

Yay, sounds like an excellent appointment! Glad to know that your MaterniT21 results were accurate! lol :) Ultrasounds are always so exciting, and especially when an unexpected surprise!

Rosiegirl7 April 23rd, 2013 02:10 PM

Glad you had a good appointment! And I totally agree-sometimes the doc tells me "listen to your body, take a nap if you need" but obvs doesn't realize I have a full time job.

SierraWinter April 23rd, 2013 02:44 PM

Glad you had a good appt. Its always exciting to get the unexpected ultrasound :)

FishermansWife4 April 23rd, 2013 02:56 PM

I'm happy to hear you had a relatively awesome appointment. Ultrasounds are a beautiful thing and I just LOVE when doctors tell you to try not to stress :rolleyes: Seriously though? We're pregnant. We're going to worry.

sweety_pie April 23rd, 2013 03:17 PM

Glad you had a great appt! :)

Lemon April 23rd, 2013 03:38 PM

Glad your appointment went well! Yay for getting to see the baby!

Loni April 23rd, 2013 05:24 PM

Glad you had a good appointment. Maybe you could have your dr call my dr and tell her to give me an unexpected ultrasound at my appointment on Thursday!

drewbears April 27th, 2013 05:41 AM

Sounds like a good appointment. Yeah for seeing Miss Jane again! So cool you have a name already like that.

I love when they don't stress or keep the stress level down. Ha! Yeah right. Not always as easy as it sounds.

2Corinthians10:4 April 27th, 2013 05:45 AM

Yay for a good appointment!

The Purple Butterfly April 27th, 2013 10:50 AM

Glad it all went well!!!!

Druslady96 April 29th, 2013 09:10 PM

Glad your appointment went well... I got an unexpected ultrasound too. :smile: I pretty much think we had the same appointment/comments...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 (Post 27309487)
Glad you had a good appointment! And I totally agree-sometimes the doc tells me "listen to your body, take a nap if you need" but obvs doesn't realize I have a full time job.

Seriously... I thought the same when my Dr. told me that. I also noticed it's funny how it's us California moms that are consumed with work/stress/busy-busy It's CALI living at it's finest. LoL.

jamieshalon2 April 30th, 2013 04:17 AM

sounds like a great appt for you