JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone else NOT going to have a nursery? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2645396-anyone-else-not-going-to-have-nursery.html)

cooper1414 April 23rd, 2013 02:06 PM

Anyone else NOT going to have a nursery?

My youngest is still in my room with me and probably willl be for a while. DH snores something awful, so we haven't shared a bedroom in years. The two other boys share a room, so our house is maxed out. Once the baby gets older we'll have to add on to make room, but for now I think I'll have the baby and the almost 2 year old in with me. I kinda get a bit sad that I can't decorate a cute room for the baby and that I never did that with my last one either. Anyone else like this, just maxed out on space? Any cute ideas???

For me, I'll have the 2 year old in his crib, even though he is in with me most nights now. The baby will cosleep with me. I may be able to rearrange my room to have a "baby area" and that can be decorated... I don't know.. I just wish our house was bigger.

SierraWinter April 23rd, 2013 02:41 PM

Re: Anyone else NOT going to have a nursery?

We aren't doing a nursery. One, we are renting. Two, we have a master bedroom and a guest room downstairs. We plan on me staying in the master with baby in the beginning since DH will need to sleep before he goes to work. We have a small room that connects to the master that we've turned into an office. We will probably turn the office into an office/baby room. By the time baby is old enough to have her own room I doubt we'll be in this house. So no point really.

The Purple Butterfly April 23rd, 2013 02:46 PM

Not I. We keep the baby in our room for at least the first year.

FishermansWife4 April 23rd, 2013 03:00 PM

No nursery here!

sweety_pie April 23rd, 2013 03:12 PM

No nursery here, never actually done one ever.

Rosiegirl7 April 23rd, 2013 03:15 PM

Not doing a nursery, we live in an apartment and I'm just going to get a Pack N Play and call it a day. Although the nursery looks fun to decorate and if we had a house I would definitely have fun with it!

Allisonjuly April 23rd, 2013 04:10 PM

I have a nursery with baby changing table in it but I also have kids kitchen set and other things in there so it's used as a playroom right now.

I co-sleep so baby won't need a nursery until he's 3-6 months old. Ill set it up then (crib move out toys).

2Corinthians10:4 April 23rd, 2013 04:12 PM

No nursery for us!

Wren April 23rd, 2013 04:15 PM

No, it will probably sleep in our room until 6 months, and then share my daughter's room.

Lotsakids April 23rd, 2013 05:04 PM

We aren't doing a nursery. Never have.

Dh is currently allocated to the lounge, (because he snores & I don't sleep,) & I have DD 22 months in a cot in with me. We will get an old office renovated off one side of the house for DD1, & then youngest DD will have her room, & the baby will come in with me.

Loni April 23rd, 2013 05:13 PM

We aren't having a nursery either. This baby will be in our room in a pack and play and then share a room with someone after that until we finish out basement and move my oldest down there (probably not for a few years).

nina529 April 23rd, 2013 06:13 PM

i'm not planning on a nursery right now. i've never done one. when my son was born we were in a 1 bedroom. he slept in a cradle next to my bed for several months. we're in a 3 bedroom now so everyone can have their own room but i'll still keep the baby with me for a while.

WhitneysMommy2011 April 23rd, 2013 06:30 PM

No nursery here. Baby will sleep in our room for the first 6 months. Then s/he will share a room with DD.

Dolly Lama April 23rd, 2013 07:08 PM

I have plenty of space to do one, but still don't know if I will or not. I'm kind of wondering what the point would be because the baby would never be in it...not for a while anyway. I'm planning on BFing for as long as I can manage, so it will make more sense to have the baby sleep with me.

hopingthistime April 23rd, 2013 08:13 PM

We're having a semi-nursery/guest room/my home office. Basically, it's a room with my desk, a bed, and then we'll add a crib and changing table.

jamieshalon2 April 24th, 2013 04:28 AM

Nope, no nursery here either. baby sleeps with us for at least the first year. Pack and play in the living room for naptimes. When we move (hopefully next summer) I may decorate the bedroom for the younger two more kiddish while the 2 older boys room will be more teenage or adultish. Then in 5 years Tris will be off to college and I will move Brady up to the big boy room with Logan.... and so on and so on.

mamarazzi40 April 24th, 2013 06:21 AM

No nursery for us either. Baby in the pack and play in our room for first couple months, then she'll move into a room with my 2 {she'll be 3} year old and my stepdaughter who lives with us half the time. Maxed out on space.

fludderbye April 24th, 2013 06:46 AM

I am soooo glad I am not alone

we originally baught a 2 br ranch with a garage-
No problem 1 kid-

well got pregnant with # 2 so converted garage into family room & old living room into 3rd br no Problem

well got pregnant with # 3 ok # 2 & 3 are 15 mo apart so they share a bedroom

I am sure this kid will end up in their room as well but not for awhile due to breast feeding so baby will be a floater in a pack n play or that is the plan

Jackie1122 April 24th, 2013 06:50 AM

I definitely know what you are feeling! I made a post awhile back about having 2 kids in a 2 bedroom and got some great advice. I feel much better knowing that so many others have been in the same situation and made it work just fine. Baby will be in our room so we won't get to have a cute nursery either. Kind of a bummer but I am trying to stay positive and just look at it as one less thing to have to worry about finishing!

WorkerBeeMama April 24th, 2013 10:22 AM

We will have a nursery this time. With Sophia, Maya and Sophia shared a room. With Maya, she was in our room for 3.25 years!! We lived in a one bedroom apartment so her crib/toddler bed was at the end of our bed.

Baby will room with us for a while in the beginning though.