JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What chore do you hate the most? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2645532-what-chore-do-you-hate-most.html)

Dolly Lama April 24th, 2013 05:50 AM

What chore do you hate the most?

I DESPISE laundry and it shows - clothes are piled up big time! I do have back problems and just generally don't feel well some days, but that's not even the reason for this - I'm a SAHM for now and have days where I feel just fine. The clothes are on the second floor of my house while the washer/dryer is in the basement - I hate running up and down all of these steps with the clothes. I get frustrated trying to find places to put things (everyone here seems to enjoy hoarding clothes). *sigh* I have to get a grip on this somehow because there's a new baby coming, which means lots of extra laundry. :)

I don't care for housekeeping in general, but it's not that I'm lazy; it seems to be more because I'm not organized. I'm no good at coming up with creative, yet attractive ways to store things, so things are everywhere...I love the shows on HGTV where the houses are all beautiful and perfectly organized - I want mine to be like that, but lack the ability to do it.

Your turn!

What chore do you hate the most? How do you motivate yourself into getting it done anyway?

sweety_pie April 24th, 2013 06:00 AM

Re: What chore do you hate the most?

I hate cleaning the bathroom!! I don't usually get motivated to get it done until its crying out to be done!! lol

jamieshalon2 April 24th, 2013 06:12 AM

I HATE doing dishes and cleaning the shower. I think dishes the most though. My next house WILL have a dishwasher, lol. but still I would have to put them all away... poooo. I don't like doing that at all.

2Corinthians10:4 April 24th, 2013 06:19 AM

Cleaning bathtubs and folding socks!

Laurenj915 April 24th, 2013 06:23 AM

Folding clothes. I don't mind washig and drying them but i miss when I lived by myself how I could just leave them in the basket until i wanted to wear them. Lol i am very wrinkled sometimes!

Dolly Lama April 24th, 2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

i miss when I lived by myself how I could just leave them in the basket until i wanted to wear them. Lol i am very wrinkled sometimes!
Sometimes I still do this! I just pick out what I want to wear until it's almost empty, then put the few remaining clothes away, then fill it back up with dirty clothes. :giggle:

mamarazzi40 April 24th, 2013 06:53 AM

Laundry is my nemesis!!!

Seriously despise it.

:laundry:

Allisonjuly April 24th, 2013 07:03 AM

Kitchen floor.

Normally I would clean it every other day but I haven't in months. My dd has mopped a few times but uses too much soap so there's a dull look to them.

Anitha April 24th, 2013 07:47 AM

Ummm everything! I'll be honest. I totally wouldn't mind if someone came everyday and made my house look like the HGTV homes while I browsed the internet, soaked in the tub or watched TV :p But we all know pigs have a better chance of flying than any of that hapenning. I will therefore pick folding and putting away laundry as my most despised chore!

Irshtripletsmommy April 24th, 2013 08:12 AM

I hate doing the dishes. I'm the biggest clutz so even though we have a dishwasher, I miss the cupboard putting away a plate and it crashes to the floor, or I end up breaking every single wine glass we have. No joke, my sister bought me 12 wine glasses and I broke every slast one of them.

paytonsmom0818 April 24th, 2013 08:21 AM

Laundry! I am with most of you, I don't mind washing and drying but folding/hanging ughhhhh nope! Luckily DH has taken over this chore. I would also leave it in the basket until its ready to wear again. Although DH does not fold DD's clothes, he says they are too small and hard to hang. hahaha he is right but if that's all I have to fold, I can't complain. 2nd on the list is dishes! I need a dish fairy!

Spyctre April 24th, 2013 08:30 AM

Tie for laundry and dishes! I really don't mind washing clothes, it's the sorting them I hate. Lol

jennyrae03 April 24th, 2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurenj915 (Post 27311178)
i miss when I lived by myself how I could just leave them in the basket until i wanted to wear them.

Umm yeah...we pretty much do this all the time :unsure: Well sort of...I do fold our clothes. I just put them in our own respective laundry baskets, and they never seem to make it to the closet! lol Sometimes I even get as far as carrying them up to the bedroom and setting them on the floor. I just don't like to put them away!

Aside from laundry though...I really despise vacuuming. Our house has central vac in it, and as convenient as you might THINK it would be, it really is a pain in the butt. The hose for it is seriously like 15 feet long, and it's really annoying to me to have to carry it and all the attachments around the house. I'd rather just have a normal vacuum that I can easily move from room to room and/or upstairs without trailing it behind me like a giant snake.

nina529 April 24th, 2013 08:35 AM

dishes! ugh i absolutely hate washing them.

~*Nicole*~ April 24th, 2013 09:26 AM

I hate folding and putting away clothes! With 6 of us, it takes me forever to wash and dry clothes, but folding and putting them away is my worst nightmare...

anothermother April 24th, 2013 09:31 AM

Yeah, no a fan of folding laundry. I don't mind getting it washed/dried I just hate folding... it's such an ordeal (although I realize it probably wouldn't be if I just kept up on it). I spent 4 hours on Saturday finally folding the 7 loads of laundry that had been building up during my morning sickness days. It took forever, but it was so nice to have it done. I have one load I need to fold today and I'm determined to keep up on it better.

Oh, and I'm not a fan of putting dishes away. I'm too short for the cabinets so it's just annoying.

WorkerBeeMama April 24th, 2013 09:34 AM

Dishes.

Laundry sucks a lot lately because there is so much of it that it's overwhelming! I need a full weekend to tackle it!

Mountain Momma April 24th, 2013 10:20 AM

I HATE scrubbing the tub!

Lemon April 24th, 2013 10:24 AM

Dishes/dishwasher.

I try to go to bed with an empty and clean sink every night. Just a cleaning rule I stick to, even though I hate it!

Wren April 24th, 2013 12:19 PM

Cleaning the shower! I just don't get it. I can't figure out how to do it without stepping all in the cleaning solution and I am always straining to reach awkward corners. Now that I only work part-time I do most of the housecleaning, but I make my husband clean the shower and he does it while he is showering.

I don't mind physically cleaning in general, but I am very disorganized, so there is always paperwork stacked on tables and random things I'm not sure where to put away.