JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   OT- Interview (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2646300-ot-interview.html)

MrsHoot April 26th, 2013 05:14 PM

OT- Interview

So I'm not sure if any of you remember, but I'm really hoping to get a part time job for next year. There hasn't been much coming up and I kinda figured that all was lost. Most of the PT positions probably won't be available until August when they know more what Kindergarten numbers will be.

Well, one popped up for a part time Eli position, so I applied for it. (it's for K kids that are struggling) I already work in the district and the HR haven't been super helpful and I wasn't even sure how to apply for it. Not to mention, I didn't even know if I was technically qualified for it. Well I ended up writing a letter of interest to the lady I thought was in charge of it and send it off this afternoon. I was really kinda iffy on it, but thought, hey what could it hurt??

I checked my phone this evening (must have been on silent!) and I had a message from the district wanting me to come in to interview for it on thursday! I'm trying not to get my hopes up... but the fact that the response came right after the email I sent makes me feel positive and that I might be a qualified candidate.

2 things though- they want to interview Thursday afternoon (but I'm teaching then... so I'm not sure how that will work? I'm either going to have to take a half day or hopefully she can get me in right after work.) And I feel bad not telling them that I'm pregnant but I also don't want them to hire me because I'm pregnant. (Even though I know that's against the law!)

ANywho... I'm excited about the potential part time opportunity. Hopefully the interview goes well...

mamarazzi40 April 26th, 2013 05:20 PM

Re: OT- Interview

Good luck!!

Good teaching gigs are harder and harder to come by anymore!! I taught Kinder too. :D {I'm home now}

I hope it happens for you and is the right fit!!

*Lana* April 26th, 2013 10:07 PM

How exciting! Fingers crossed!

CountryMedic911 April 26th, 2013 11:56 PM

Good luck!!!

sweety_pie April 27th, 2013 04:36 AM

Good luck!!!!!

cooper1414 April 27th, 2013 05:01 AM

Good luck! I hope you get it!

jennyrae03 April 27th, 2013 05:22 AM

Good luck!! Fingers crossed over here too! I'm sure you'll do great at your interview!

MrsHoot April 27th, 2013 09:26 AM

Thanks I need it! My last interview was 4 years ago, lol. Atleast she said this would be a quick one. :)

drewbears April 27th, 2013 01:08 PM

Good luck sweetie!

MrsPea April 27th, 2013 01:35 PM

Fingers crossed! Good luck!

Laurenj915 April 27th, 2013 05:00 PM

Another former kindergarten teacher here wishing you lots and lots of luck!

Lemon April 28th, 2013 04:59 AM

Good luck!!