JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Meal Time Monday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2646686-meal-time-monday.html)

drewbears April 29th, 2013 03:40 AM

Meal Time Monday

What's on this weeks menu for dinner?

Irshtripletsmommy April 29th, 2013 03:55 AM

Re: Meal Time Monday

Chicken with brown rice, pork chops with apple cream sauce and au gratin potatoes, chicken enchiladas with refried black beans, and the rest I'm not sure of yet.

jamieshalon2 April 29th, 2013 04:12 AM

Tonight is corned beef in the crock pot, cabbage and green beans. Not sure about the rest of the week. Last night was homemade nachos. tomorrow night is soccer and Wednesday night is Tee ball, so really quick dinners those nights.

sweety_pie April 29th, 2013 04:45 AM

Tonight we are having sloppy joes, not sure for the rest of the week!

jamieshalon2 April 29th, 2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweety_pie (Post 27323664)
Tonight we are having sloppy joes, not sure for the rest of the week!

I LOVE sloppy Joes. I add some onion and green pepper to them too. I was so happy when my son said he wanted to do those for this bday party in august this year, lol.:D

sweety_pie April 29th, 2013 05:08 AM

We love them too!! Never had them in a while so I'm looking forward to it today! :P

jennyrae03 April 29th, 2013 05:33 AM

Heck, I don't know! I don't usually plan out meals, we just wing it every day! It's usually me standing in the kitchen opening cupboards saying "What do you want to eat?" and my husband ALWAYS says "I don't care." So then I usually pick something that I love and he hates :D hehehe

Laurenj915 April 29th, 2013 05:55 AM

Monday- DH is working so a bagel or cereal
Tuesday- vietnamese summer rolls
Wednesday salmon and corn on the grill
Thursday- paleo adobe chicken
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- out to dinner!! Very rare for us

drewbears April 29th, 2013 07:39 AM

eggs and toast tonight since its raining and everything is cancelled! the rest of the week, no idea!

Effervescence April 29th, 2013 08:11 AM

I haven't really done the meal plan for this week yet. I have some HUGE drama going on with my grandparents this week. Basically we are moving them here to Ohio from Florida "against my grandma's will." (They are all alone down there and my grandpa fell a second time within weeks from the last time he fell in the driveway-both times he was outside on the ground for hours before someone saw him and called 911.) It is going to be so stressful and hectic moving them in that I'm sure we'll be doing crock pot all week.

Tonight is apple and gouda chicken sausage and brussels sprouts, and baked chicken for lunch, we had breakfast "burritos" and strawberries for breakfast. Tomorrow will probably be grapefruit for breakfast and after that I haven't a clue. We'll see! I'm doing the shopping list now.I'm thinking cinnamon slow cooked pork with parsnips, greek stew, and asian lettuce wraps for dinners, and salads and smoothies for lunches. MIL went to Costco and really over bought for her and FIL so she generously gave me a TON of greens and veggies- we have salad out our ears! LOL! I am really craving tuna salad, so I think I'll have that once this week.

Irshtripletsmommy April 29th, 2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Effervescence (Post 27324294)
I haven't really done the meal plan for this week yet. I have some HUGE drama going on with my grandparents this week. Basically we are moving them here to Ohio from Florida "against my grandma's will." (They are all alone down there and my grandpa fell a second time within weeks from the last time he fell in the driveway-both times he was outside on the ground for hours before someone saw him and called 911.) It is going to be so stressful and hectic moving them in that I'm sure we'll be doing crock pot all week.

Tonight is apple and gouda chicken sausage and brussels sprouts, and baked chicken for lunch, we had breakfast "burritos" and strawberries for breakfast. Tomorrow will probably be grapefruit for breakfast and after that I haven't a clue. We'll see! I'm doing the shopping list now.I'm thinking cinnamon slow cooked pork with parsnips, greek stew, and asian lettuce wraps for dinners, and salads and smoothies for lunches. MIL went to Costco and really over bought for her and FIL so she generously gave me a TON of greens and veggies- we have salad out our ears! LOL! I am really craving tuna salad, so I think I'll have that once this week.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. It must be so difficult for people when they get older and are unable to be as independent as they were before. I dread getting older.