JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Excited for my friend (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2646797-excited-for-my-friend.html)

jamieshalon2 April 29th, 2013 09:37 AM

Excited for my friend

She is going in today for her NT scan. According to the dating u/s she had a 6 weeks she should be 12 weeks today, BUT she thinks she is farther along. She has been feeling movement for about a week now and her DH actually felt the baby kicking over the weekend. I think they may have been wrong at her dating u/s too. It would be really cool if she is actually due in Oct. like I am. What do you think? Is 12 weeks way too early to be feeling what she is feeling? This is her 3rd pregnancy, but her oldest child is 18 and her youngest just turned 4, so to me that seems like a good distance in between.

I can't wait to find out this afternoon.

jennyrae03 April 29th, 2013 09:56 AM

Re: Excited for my friend

Wow 12 weeks seems crazy early for someone else to be able to feel kicking! That's crazy! You'll have to let us know what she finds out!

anothermother April 29th, 2013 09:59 AM

I've definitely felt lots of movement with my first 2 at 12 weeks. I've had full karate chops by 14 weeks too. So yeah, totally possible :) She could always be further too, or just a very active baby.

jamieshalon2 April 29th, 2013 10:13 AM

Thanks guys. I know it is possible for Her to feel movement at 12 weeks, but for her dh to be able to feel them too is what threw me for a loop. She isn't a skinny minnie momma either, like me she has some extra fluff, lol.

I will definitely let you guys know when I find out.

anothermother April 29th, 2013 10:33 AM

Wow. Yeah, a lot of things are depending on it, her size, placenta placement, active baby, etc. DH felt this one at 8 weeks... of course, he hasn't felt it since though. And I'm positive it was baby, not a kick, but rather a "pop". I'm looking forward to hearing what this comes back as too! I think it's a lot of women's dream to be further along then they though ;)

sweety_pie April 29th, 2013 11:00 AM

Can't wait to hear!! :)

soul_donut April 29th, 2013 11:14 AM

that'd be neat if you ended up due at the same time!

jamieshalon2 April 29th, 2013 12:12 PM

Well she is only measuring 4 days ahead so they put her at an EDD of November 5th. Her last 2 babies were born at 36 weeks, so if this one follows in suit then she very well may have the baby at the same time as me, lol.
Oh and the doc said that he wasn't surprised that she and her Dh felt the baby move.

jennyrae03 April 29th, 2013 12:43 PM

Well now I'm just jealous that I can't feel my little nugget shakin' his (okay or her) rump in there!

FishermansWife4 April 29th, 2013 01:22 PM

I hope her scan goes great!! It would be amazing if yinz were due around the same time! Can't wait for an update and WOWZERS at the kicks. Maybe she's having the next Bruce Lee lol That sounds awesome though that her DH could feel it. I love sharing that experience with my DH...

Iluvmybabies* April 29th, 2013 01:26 PM

Yup I feel all my babies very very early and so does DH

drewbears April 30th, 2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamieshalon2 (Post 27325198)
Well she is only measuring 4 days ahead so they put her at an EDD of November 5th. Her last 2 babies were born at 36 weeks, so if this one follows in suit then she very well may have the baby at the same time as me, lol.
Oh and the doc said that he wasn't surprised that she and her Dh felt the baby move.

Fun! your babies can be BFFs from birth. :D