JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Movement anecdotal stats (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2646962-movement-anecdotal-stats.html)

soul_donut April 29th, 2013 08:52 PM

Movement anecdotal stats

First timers - are you feeling movement? When did it start? What was / is its frequency?

Btdt moms - same question for this pregnancy as above. Also, in previous pg, what would you say the daily frequency is by week? Example: at 15 weeks felt once a week, at 20 felt 2-4 movements daily, etc.

I've felt some things here and there but nothing quantifiable yet - just a flutter or two but I'm still at the second guessing stage.

mizza411 April 29th, 2013 08:57 PM

Re: Movement anecdotal stats

First timer here! Felt a few times from 14-16 and now at 17 can feel daily, at least once or twice a day. I doubted it before, but the movements are always where baby and my uterus is at that time and that can't be weeks of coincidence.
:)

anothermother April 29th, 2013 09:10 PM

Our first movement was at 8 weeks but unless you've been pregnant before you wouldn't know. Since then it's been really infrequent. With my girls it was a lot more consistent. But we just found out the placenta is right in front with this one and web though I could see him moving on the screen I couldn't feel most of it. The placenta took a lot of the blunt of the kicks. I feel a lot more on the inside.

As far as frequency, I'd say I really am able to tell his movements every couple of days. Definitely not every day yet. I'm sti guessing most of the time too.

Spyctre April 29th, 2013 09:22 PM

With DD1 I felt something once at 16 weeks then regularly around 20.

With DD2 I felt the first kick at 8 weeks. Weekly from then till 12 weeks. At 12, I stopped feeling them till 15 weeks. Then at 15 weeks I diagnosed her with ADHD. She was very active.

This one I felt several times a week from 8 to 12. Since then it has been daily. She slowed down a little around 16, but it became stronger then.

margaloves April 29th, 2013 09:30 PM

I can not remember when I started feeling movement with my daughter. With this pregnancy I started feeling them move around 10 weeks, but the movements have been very infrequent, like maybe once or twice a day. The past few days though things have changed a lot and I feel them all the time. I am 17.5 weeks now. I love feeling the little jabs and pokes.

Irshtripletsmommy April 30th, 2013 03:40 AM

My last pregnancy I felt butterflies at 16 weeks. This one I felt a fethingss starting at about. Weeks, but very sporatic. I felt pronounced movement a week ago and then nothing. Can't wait to feel it every day!

jamieshalon2 April 30th, 2013 05:16 AM

My memory isn't too great, but I think with my last pregnancy by around 14 weeks, but I don't remember how often. with this one I feel things every couple of days and I am 16 weeks now.

sweety_pie April 30th, 2013 05:46 AM

With my son I didn't feel anything I thought was baby until 20 weeks! Seems late lol

With my daughter I'd say I first noticed her around 18-19 week?

This one I starting feeling butterfly feelings around 10 weeks, but not often. I'd say around 17 weeks if when I started feeling little thumps at least once a day. Usually after I eat!

Lemon April 30th, 2013 05:56 AM

I feel this baby move several times a day.

I didn't feel kid #1 until 17 weeks.
I felt kid #2 at 11/12 weeks.

ILoveStorm2011 April 30th, 2013 07:43 AM

I think I feel baby almost everyday now. Little pops in my uterus at night, when I try to nap, or just waking up normally.

Lotsakids April 30th, 2013 08:27 AM

I am getting the odd sporadic movement here & there at the moment, but nothing overly exciting.

chachartier April 30th, 2013 09:33 AM

With Dominic I was weeks that I first felt him moving, lying on the couch in our hotel room on our honeymoon. I don't remember how often, but it wasn't that common until later because I had to lie very still to feel him, and Keith couldn't feel him til I was at least more like 20-something weeks.

I haven't felt anything with this one, every time I think I do feel movement where my uterus is, I feel more movement nearby, like some gas is just passing through lol. There was one time when that didn't happen, and I questioned it, but I'm trying not to read into it until I get a definite flutter

drewbears April 30th, 2013 10:06 AM

Um with 7.... I can't remember LOL! I wanna say with my first I was closer to like 18 weeks and still guessing if it was baby or not. With my 2nd I KNOW I felt her at 13 weeks. After that I didn't pay much attention. This one I think I have been feeling since about 12-13 weeks. Sometimes I feel it several times a day. other times like now I think I felt it last night... not sure... and so far today nothing. Which makes me worried again.

Usually by 22 weeks there is a regular pattern of movement I think for me.

AllieD April 30th, 2013 10:40 AM

I haven't felt anything yet this time but with my first daughter I didn't feel anything either until after 18 weeks sometime.

QL1516 May 1st, 2013 06:53 AM

I think, I'm pretty sure that I felt something last night. Not a kick, but like the baby rolled over. I couldn't feel it on the outside, just the inside. It was similar to gas, but different in a way I can't quite put my finger on. Based on that, I'm sure kicks will be a bit.

The Purple Butterfly May 1st, 2013 09:27 AM

Are you feeling movement? When did it start? What was / is its frequency?

Yes, I've felt it since about 11w. It was a few times a day back then, but now it's just about every hour. This morning I was lying in the bed (refusing to get up until like 30min later :shhh: ) and I turned to my left side. I think the baby stretched because I felt a push on BOTH my left and right side of my uterus! Baby is getting big!!! He/she was moving around for a good 10min more after that. I really enjoy this time. :wub:

I felt #1 around 16w, #2 around 14w, #3 around 11w. I have no idea what the frequency was then. I didn't bother keeping track of that. :p

Iluvmybabies* May 1st, 2013 02:57 PM

are you feeling movement? yup lots and lots

When did it start? about 8wks for flutters and 10wks for lots of movements

What was / is its frequency? pretty frequent but still have slower days

I started feeling all my babies early no later then 11wks

MrsHoot May 1st, 2013 06:26 PM

I felt the first few flutters with this one around 14 weeks. With my first, I don't think it was til 17/18 weeks. I don't feel movement everyday and sometimes I forget to pay attention. Also excited for when it's stronger and more pronounced, though I swear I can feel some rolling around right now...

MrsPea May 2nd, 2013 02:42 PM

This is my first and I swear I felt it move last week. I'm still second guessing myself on some of the other times I think it's moving.