JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   For those of you who are having a baby shower (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2647090-for-those-you-who-having-baby-shower.html)

jamieshalon2 April 30th, 2013 09:44 AM

For those of you who are having a baby shower

Have you thought about any type of theme yet? My mom and I started buying some stuff over the weekend. We went to the dollar tree and bought some clear plastic cups, plates and serving dishes that we can just throw away when it is all over. I found the cutest design that will go for either gender. I fell in love with it when I first saw it.

Owl Baby Lunch Napkins (16), FREE shipping offer, 50% off tableware, and same day order processing from Birthday Direct - Who Loves You Baby Shower Supplies

We have even set the date for September 21st and booked the place. We have to book early because the place I want fills up super fast since it is the only park in my small community. I think it will be great there too since there is a playground for all of those that have to bring little ones with them. My 12 year old and my bff's 16 year old daughter have offered to help watch the little ones for anyone that needs to bring them that day.

Can I just say that I am so excited for it, lol. :D

Rosiegirl7 April 30th, 2013 09:51 AM

Re: For those of you who are having a baby shower

I like the "Mom to Bee" theme you can do little bees everywhere, its yellow so gender neutral. Love the Owl theme too!

jennyrae03 April 30th, 2013 09:59 AM

I'm not sure what I will have for a theme - my sister in law has been plotting my baby shower for several months (before I even found out I was pregnant!). I suppose maybe I should ask her.

My sister wants to have a separate shower that she hosts, and I told her that I better have a Zac Efron themed baby shower, with hot pictures of him all over the place. That's probably inappropriate, isn't it...

Seasaidh April 30th, 2013 10:01 AM

My date is closer to labor day than to Halloween (and my docs aren't going to let me go past 40w) - Maybe I should do a union rally theme or something lol.

(I'm kidding mostly because we're new to the area and I don't think I have enough close friends or family here to have a shower.)

karmaissotrue April 30th, 2013 12:06 PM

We haven't set a date yet & haven't talked about it much but it will more than likely be the middle of Sept. We went all out for DS shower, so this time around we'll do something simple at the house with finger foods

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Spyctre April 30th, 2013 12:11 PM

No theme, but I know the church shower will be diapers and baby books.

I'm asking family for season appropriate clothes. All of Winter's will fit in the wrong season. It'll be too hot for the winter clothes, too cold for the summer... I have plenty of toys, blankets, beds, furniture, etc.

Lemon April 30th, 2013 12:14 PM

Since this is baby #3 my girlfriends are going to throw me a sprinkle. It's customary in our friend circle. Just a girls dinner out. In the past we've gotten the mom to be a few new outfits for baby and a pedi giftcard or massage giftcard.
No date set yet. I'm thinking August, before I get too uncomfy!

For a gn theme, I love the bee one and the pea in a pod ones!

Rosiegirl7 April 30th, 2013 12:21 PM

A Sprinkle! How Cute!

Loni April 30th, 2013 01:26 PM

I won't be having any shower. I haven't had one since baby #1

SouthernBelle86 April 30th, 2013 01:33 PM

I have my shower set for Sunday, September 1st at 1:00pm. I am doing a Victorian/ garden shabby chic theme. My sister is hosting the shower but me and my whole family is pitching in to help and we are sending invites out in july, 8 weeks before shower.

CountryMedic911 April 30th, 2013 01:43 PM

I wish I was having a baby shower!

MrsPea April 30th, 2013 01:44 PM

No one has even brought it up yet. My sister's & mine wedding showers ended up causing a lot of drama with my mom, so I'm sure that's why she's not all over it right now. I never even thought I could help plan it. Maybe that is what I will do, and try to heal some wounds with my mom in the process.

WorkerBeeMama April 30th, 2013 01:57 PM

I'm thinking a coed BabyQ or raindrops and clouds and umbrellas theme.

Seasaidh April 30th, 2013 02:41 PM

You guys got me thinking and I decided since I'm visiting my hometown next month, I should do an early "shower" - but really I'm just going to have some people over for cake.

It's early but I probably won't be back to the area before October, so it's now or never. I'll be 21 weeks. ...that's okay right? :)

SierraWinter April 30th, 2013 06:23 PM

We're visiting where we just moved from in July and want to use the shower as a excuse to see all our friends 'n family (and not sure if the male folk will like the baby shower part) so we're doing a Brews, BBQ and Baby Shower. It'll make it a little more tolerable for the dudes attending (including DH). Not a traditional cutsie shower theme but I want everyone to enjoy themselves.

jamieshalon2 May 1st, 2013 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seasaidh (Post 27329177)
You guys got me thinking and I decided since I'm visiting my hometown next month, I should do an early "shower" - but really I'm just going to have some people over for cake.

It's early but I probably won't be back to the area before October, so it's now or never. I'll be 21 weeks. ...that's okay right? :)

With my second I had mine in early November and he wasn't due until Mid January. I wanted to get it done before all of the holiday parties started up and people started leaving town for the holidays.

drewbears May 1st, 2013 07:20 AM

No shower for me. :( And it would be nice considering we are starting from scratch. Oh well.

That being said I did have one with #1 and #2, there was no theme to them though. I think back then there just wasn't themed stuff for baby showers. Would be so fun!

jamieshalon2 May 1st, 2013 07:50 AM

I had a theme with all of mine so far. Tristen's was 13 years ago and we did teddy bears, Logan's was 10 years ago and it was trains, and Brady's was 6 years ago and it was kind of like a cabbage patch theme.

soul_donut May 1st, 2013 02:54 PM

Honest question - aren't you not supposed to plan your own baby shower?

WorkerBeeMama May 1st, 2013 04:21 PM

You aren't, lol! Sucks huh! But I am gonna try a little :D