JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   TRYING not to freak out. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2647402-trying-not-to-freak-out.html)

Fortroseberry May 1st, 2013 10:30 AM

TRYING not to freak out.

I haven't felt her move in about 24 hours, or at least, not that I've been aware of. I've been feeling her move since about 13 weeks, so not sure whats going on. Am going to call if I haven't felt anything by about 2 or 3. I'm sure she's fine, but feeling anxious. I don't want to be THAT pregnant lady and call, just to find out she's moving around like crazy :confused:

drewbears May 1st, 2013 10:38 AM

Re: TRYING not to freak out.

I am in the same boat. I don't think I felt the bubs yesterday at all, and im thinking nothing today. I know I did the night before last though.

Sending move baby vibes your way

jamieshalon2 May 1st, 2013 10:40 AM

I am not even sure if I feel anything yet. Hey if you feel worried then I would call. That is what they are there for.

Loni May 1st, 2013 10:45 AM

I haven't felt my baby move much if at all yet. I would call if you are worried, that's what the doctor is for.

Rosiegirl7 May 1st, 2013 10:52 AM

I felt kicks like crazy last week, but this week not as much, but sometimes if they change positions your amnionic sac could be buffering their moves, or they could be sleeping a lot. Try not to worry and KUP!

*Lana* May 1st, 2013 10:56 AM

Try drinking some ice water kind of fast (not just sipping it).

Wren May 1st, 2013 10:59 AM

I'm sure everything is okay, but I know that doesn't help when you are worrying. Things shift around and babies get lazy. Definitely call to ease your mind, though. I am 15 weeks, second child, and haven't felt anything yet.

Fortroseberry May 1st, 2013 11:06 AM

I think I felt her EVER so softly after I jiggled my belly (a la ultrasound tech). I believe I will be convincing my hubby for a doppler!

The Purple Butterfly May 1st, 2013 11:14 AM

Drink some OJ or something caffeinated. Sugar seems to always get them moving. :p

Fortroseberry May 1st, 2013 11:20 AM

Thanks ladies! It's just crazy how your mind plays tricks on you. 5th baby, and still a worry wart!

Allisonjuly May 1st, 2013 11:21 AM

They only time I'm sure I feel anything is when I have the Doppler out. The thump feeling coincides with a thump on the Doppler next to where I'm listening to his heartbeat.

drewbears May 1st, 2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fortroseberry (Post 27331703)
Thanks ladies! It's just crazy how your mind plays tricks on you. 5th baby, and still a worry wart!

I gotta say the more babies I have had the more worried I get.

I had serious panic attacks with my last one it sucked!

mamarazzi40 May 1st, 2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wren (Post 27331640)
I'm sure everything is okay, but I know that doesn't help when you are worrying. Things shift around and babies get lazy. Definitely call to ease your mind, though. I am 15 weeks, second child, and haven't felt anything yet.

This is me too, but 3rd baby and almost 16 weeks! It's hard not to worry!

Call to ease your mind, friend.
xoxox

BelloFiglioLA May 1st, 2013 11:50 AM

I went all day Sunday with no movement. I was freaking out! Baby has been pretty active every day since though. I've also been feeling movement since 13 weeks. Sometimes they just have lazy days I guess? Have you been more active today? Hopefully you get some nice strong kicks when you lay down and relax tonight!

Iluvmybabies* May 1st, 2013 12:27 PM

I'm so glad you felt her!!!

They say there movements are not consistent until aft 20wks!

Dolly Lama May 1st, 2013 12:34 PM

I agree with the other ladies - ice water and sugar seems to get mine moving...I feel movement every day, but not so much the other day, so I broke out my doppler to ease my mind, and after a few minutes of searching, I found the little HB. I can't tell you how helpful this thing is to have, so if there's any way to convince your hubby to get you one, please do it - your peace of mind makes it worth every penny.

CountryMedic911 May 1st, 2013 12:41 PM

Jacob has been going crazy the last few weeks! But when I don't feel much I freak out its my first but hey I think no matter what baby you are on you are allowed to worry its a part of being a mama! But when he doesn't move I eat a little bit of ice cream then he starts up! Or I play believe it or not classic country like kitty wells Loretta Lynn patsy cline hank sr George jones Charlie pride and he will be active along with the music I don't know if he's hearing it or I'm going nuts! Lol but if you ever feel uneasy call the Doc because that's what they are there for to put your mind at ease!

swozze3 May 1st, 2013 02:47 PM

I would try not to worry. I have felt some movement but not lots. I also try reminding myself that I am overweight to begin with an have an anterior placenta. I did with my last kiddo too an I did go into the L&D a few times since I wasn't feeling much movement if any. I am thinking of getting a doppler this time just so I don't always have to goto L&D when I don't feel movement.

cooper1414 May 1st, 2013 03:16 PM

I haven't felt much at all either, which worries me too. I agree with you other ladies, it seems like the more kids we have the more we worry...

FishermansWife4 May 1st, 2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewbears (Post 27331716)
I gotta say the more babies I have had the more worried I get.

I had serious panic attacks with my last one it sucked!

:ditto: It definitely is getting a lot worse.