JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Where to Register? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2647525-where-to-register.html)

Rosiegirl7 May 1st, 2013 04:34 PM

Where to Register?

So I already had TWO people ask where I am registered for baby gifts which got me excited but also a little stressed since I haven't even started thinking baout that yet.

Have you started registering stuff? If so, where did you go or plan to go? Do you usually pick one place like Target or do two like Babies R Us and Target?

Seasaidh May 1st, 2013 04:42 PM

Re: Where to Register?

Amazon? I would imagine that their available product catalog is much larger, and it's nice to give people the option of shipping something and being able to order without having to find a brick&mortar.

I am such a product of my era, though - doing everything online isn't for everyone. I try to remember that :)

Rosiegirl7 May 1st, 2013 04:49 PM

I didn't even think about Amazon- thats a good idea!

Laurenj915 May 1st, 2013 04:56 PM

Do you have a Buy Buy Baby in your area? It is huge and owned by Bed Bath and Beyond. They accept the weekly Bed Bath and Beyond 20% off coupons and I know alot of people register there.

I won't register with this baby but with my first I just did Target.

*Lana* May 1st, 2013 05:10 PM

I love Buy Buy Baby. Much better selection on items than BRU and Target. And there is pretty much always a 20% of coupon available. Our local store didn't open until my daughter was about 5 months old.
I registered at both BRU and Target. I put most things that I wanted more than one of on both registries, but kept bigger items only on one registry.
Also, my family is two hours from a BRU, but there are Target stores within an acceptable distance.

soul_donut May 1st, 2013 05:27 PM

Amazon is where I'll make my secret list whittled down and public by invite, should someone ask.

anothermother May 1st, 2013 06:15 PM

I have a registry with Target right now... it's more of a check list for me though. Once we get closer to shower time I may register at BRU too.

*Lana* May 1st, 2013 06:34 PM

I'm also keeping a registry on Amazon for myself. Just adding things I like, but don't need anytime soon.

SierraWinter May 1st, 2013 07:04 PM

I've started having people ask, yikes hadnt thought about it much. We're going with Babies R Us and Target since they're everywhere. My SIL is coming down next weekend and she's going to help get me started. She's got 4 little's and knows her baby stuff....I dont even know all that we'll need.

QL1516 May 1st, 2013 07:29 PM

I'm thinking Babies R Us because the local Target only has so much. I expect I'll be in both stores after the shower, so it'll be no bigs if stuff is dybed and has to go back. A lot will be good doubles, I'm sure. I likely won't register for clothes though. I'd rather seeing what people come up with themselves. And I'll make sure that everyone knows I. Open to random, one off gifts too.

I'm thinking a book list as well.... And a movie list.

ILoveStorm2011 May 1st, 2013 11:52 PM

Babies R US and Buy Buy Baby for the more expensive things and weird items I guess (they have cloth diapers!).
I told people if they want feel free to get it on amazon though if it's cheaper...not like we can't return/exchange things if we get two of the same.

jamieshalon2 May 2nd, 2013 04:14 AM

I have never heard of Buy Buy Baby, lol. I know we don't have one here. I had to register at 3 places... ugh. Walmart for Dh's family in North Carolina because they are coming to the shower, but will not order gifts online and they don't have a Target or a BRU in the area where they live. I did Target for myself because I like lots of the stuff there and BRU for my online friends because my blog wouldn't let me choose target. Mostly I just have necessity items on all of them though.

Lemon May 2nd, 2013 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soul_donut (Post 27332874)
Amazon is where I'll make my secret list whittled down and public by invite, should someone ask.

This is what I've done. It's mostly for DH and I.
If my mother or MIL want to buy us something I'll point them there.

MrsPea May 2nd, 2013 03:07 PM

:that: You can add items from other websites onto an amazon wish list too, so it's kind of like a book mark for me.

WorkerBeeMama May 2nd, 2013 05:00 PM

I have an giant registry on Amazon :D

Part of it is just stuff I liked and tagged and part of it is stuff I will keep on the registry. I love that it is universal!

drewbears May 3rd, 2013 11:52 AM

my top choice would be target.

babies r us as a 2nd.