JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Fridays Chit Chat (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2647860-fridays-chit-chat.html)

drewbears May 3rd, 2013 04:38 AM

Fridays Chit Chat

Lets give this a whirl!

Lets see if we can keep a chit chat thread going.

I'm so not a morning person and feel like I got next to no sleep. It kills me how on the mornings I have to get up I can't seem to get out of bed but the days when I could sleep in, I totally am awake by 6am.

I also have only one kid who has school today. The others were like its not fair! Why can't we sleep in?!? Haha oh I feel that!

sweety_pie May 3rd, 2013 05:18 AM

Re: Fridays Chit Chat

I'm hating this morning too!! My little girl was up coughing ALL night, so we had little to no sleep!! :( So tired today. Plus I woke with cramps or aches, must have been round ligament pains or something! :confused:

Lemon May 3rd, 2013 05:52 AM

Morning I slept a little late this morning. It's rainy and dark today.
What's everyone up to?

jamieshalon2 May 3rd, 2013 06:32 AM

I have to work until 3:30 today. Which is so much better than 4:30 which is what I usually work. I am going to try to take my oldest to get his hair cut tonight, but I will see how that goes. My ankles are very swollen this morning and I am not sure why, they have been like that for the past few days, but usually go down at night while I am sleeping. Not this time though. We have soccer pics tomorrow, so I would really like for him to get his hair cut. He looks kinda like a shaggy dog right now, lol.

Dolly Lama May 3rd, 2013 06:37 AM

Quote:

It kills me how on the mornings I have to get up I can't seem to get out of bed but the days when I could sleep in, I totally am awake by 6am.
Same here! I almost made one of my kids late for school this morning because I slept through my alarm. I bet you anything tomorrow morning, when I have absolutely nothing to do, I'll be up at 7am. :rolleyes:

2Corinthians10:4 May 3rd, 2013 06:53 AM

It's cold and wet here this morning. 39F in NE Texas in May, gah this is the weirdest spring we have had in my entire life. I am consoling myself by obsessively going over our budget and calculating ways I can make it stretch even farther. Oh and I am planning our garden that I can finally start at the end of the month. Woohoo I can't wait!

fludderbye May 3rd, 2013 07:32 AM

I have been chomping at the bit to get my garden started-

my tomatoes i have started inside but just waiting to get some seeds started outside

the wait has been torture this year

soul_donut May 3rd, 2013 07:33 AM

Good you're still in the planning stage, considering that cold snap!

We woke up and started tending to the flood in the yard first thing.. I wasn't wearing pants, I had a towel wrapped around my head under a baseball cap - I'm glad we have high fences. We built a sandbag barricade out of potting soil and pavers to try and keep the mulch out of the pool. We righted all the tipped over things and moved all of the potted plants to one area of the yard. We did our best to keep as much stuff out of the standing water as possible in the garage, but we'll see if there is any damage after the rain stops. We are now planning on installing a water pump, gutters, and a garage sealer because if we get hit with an actual hurricane... it's not going to be pretty!

We were going to do an "art walk" tonight, but I thinkkkkk it may be cancelled ;) Movie night in? Any recommendations? I saw "Bachelorette" was available on Netflix. Anyone see it?

jamieshalon2 May 3rd, 2013 08:25 AM

I have never heard of Bachlorette, but I am not too up to date on movies right now, lol.
Is it still raining there? That totally bites about your yard flooding like that. I am thankful that we haven't had any rain lately. Does your yard flood like that often?

Lemon May 3rd, 2013 08:46 AM

It's raining here too. I had to brave Publix because we were out of too much.

We have Les Mis and Django from Red Box. I think we are going to watch one tonight if I'm not too sleepy.

anothermother May 3rd, 2013 09:13 AM

It is currently snowing nice big snowflakes... <_<

In happy news, it's Friday! And I'm 16 weeks today! I've been feeling Jude and more often these last couple days and LOVE it!

Tonight we are going to "splurge" and go out and get some hot dogs at Sam's Club, lol! We love the hot dogs there and it's cheap. It's just enough to get us out of the house so I don't have to cook without the huge bill of eating out.

After that we plan to go to Target so I can finally get Jude a couple outfits! I've done that every time with my girls, go out and get an outfit right after finding out... it's a little delayed this time, but still can't wait. I never get to look at boy clothes!

soul_donut May 3rd, 2013 09:33 AM

I love costco hotdogs - $1.55 for a beef hot dog and a soda!

fludderbye May 3rd, 2013 09:35 AM

LES MIS !!!! Great movie- they did an awesome job with it-
My oldest dd( 10) watched it with us- she loved it as well- had to explain a few things LOL

she keeps asking to watch it again

Lemon May 3rd, 2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothermother (Post 27336824)
It is currently snowing nice big snowflakes... <_<

In happy news, it's Friday! And I'm 16 weeks today! I've been feeling Jude and more often these last couple days and LOVE it!

Tonight we are going to "splurge" and go out and get some hot dogs at Sam's Club, lol! We love the hot dogs there and it's cheap. It's just enough to get us out of the house so I don't have to cook without the huge bill of eating out.

After that we plan to go to Target so I can finally get Jude a couple outfits! I've done that every time with my girls, go out and get an outfit right after finding out... it's a little delayed this time, but still can't wait. I never get to look at boy clothes!

My target had really cute footed Carter's sleepers. I was surprised how cute the boy ones were! :)

Laurenj915 May 3rd, 2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon (Post 27336925)
My target had really cute footed Carter's sleepers. I was surprised how cute the boy ones were! :)

I need to get some of those. I have been pulling too small ones up over Sawyer's shoulders lately. I think it is time for big boy pjs, pants and a shirt.

fludderbye May 3rd, 2013 10:52 AM

mmmmmmm :drool: M&M's i have been loving me some m&m's today LOL

Anitha May 3rd, 2013 10:57 AM

We have some shopping to do tomorrow as well. But not for the baby as we are yet to confirm gender. But for mommy. We have finally finalized our vacation (ok mini vacation) plans for the memorial day weekend yay!! A cabin at Patoka lake Indiana, near French lick. I need some cute clothes !! can't wait to go shop.

Rosiegirl7 May 3rd, 2013 11:01 AM

Sooooo tired this morning I had a night of stressful dreams about losing my keys in sand? It was weird.

And I bookd my babymoon the other day. We are going to Hawaii (I know cliche!) In three weeks and I'm SO excited to get away for some alone time, sun, and FOOD!

soul_donut May 3rd, 2013 11:59 AM

I just booked a flight to NYC for my best friend's wedding! She is having a family only ceremony/reception but a secret courthouse wedding a week before - the best friends are attending that one, and then going out for lunch and champagne etc etc! It should be fun! My flight home is at 8:45 pm though - I regret not being able to stay for the late night dance party, but I might not be able to hang that late anyway, being all preggo in mid June! Lol. We'll be having a girl's day before, though - nails, massages, whatever she wants to do! I might have to go shopping for an acceptable dress - the place we're getting drinks is a little nicer than my current preggo wardrobe. Anybody have a favorite place to buy maternity cocktail dresses? (that sounds like an oxymoron)

Rosiegirl7 May 3rd, 2013 12:21 PM

Haha maternity cocktail dresses...

That sounds like a fun trip! You can't go wrong with some pampering in NYC!