JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Kind of wish I stayed in bed today. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2648342-kind-wish-i-stayed-bed-today.html)

Spyctre May 5th, 2013 03:26 PM

Kind of wish I stayed in bed today.

My oldest went to spend the night with my parents last night. She got all of 3 hours of sleep. =P They let her stay up till midnight, and then when she woke up at 3 AM from a bad dream, they didn't put her back down to sleep. >=[ This morning she wanted to go with me to big church, threw a fit. So I took her. Then she threw another one in church to leave. Immediately fell out when we got to our pew!

I already woke up with a headache, I was tired, and of course I am burping nonstop from the reflux. Why today? I sat there rethinking my no spanking rule. I really wanted to smack my child today! Found out later it was because she was tired. Thanks, Mom! You'd think you didn't raise three kids already, two of which had Autism!

So I asked my dad, "Did you ever feel like beating Dell at church?" Cause my brother was in a deeper part of that Autism spectrum than me.

"No, we just left as fast as possible. We'd always ask for a nursery. They always tell us, 'No! You bring him to church, too!' But we really need a nursery... And we'd get the same answer. Then we'd leave 10 minutes later and never go back to that church."

"Yikes."

The ladies are too scared to keep Alice in the nursery. There aren't babies, just her. All they would have to do is sit on their butts and watch her play with toys. She's a lot better behaved than the normal kids in church in that respect. =| I even volunteered to take my turn in the nursery for other kids. No go.

MrsPea May 5th, 2013 04:10 PM

Re: Kind of wish I stayed in bed today.

Sounds like a fun day! It might have helped if your parents had told you she didn't sleep earlier.

Wren May 5th, 2013 04:40 PM

Ugh. I don't do well on 3 hours of sleep either. I hope she goes to bed early tonight!

FishermansWife4 May 5th, 2013 04:48 PM

Hope she sleeps through the night for you tonight. I don't get why Autism scares some people. She's a kiddo. Tell them read a book on it and lighten up :P

Allisonjuly May 5th, 2013 05:14 PM

Forget your dd...how did your parents get by on 3 hours of sleep and caring for her? :o

Irshtripletsmommy May 5th, 2013 05:52 PM

Rough day...hoping tomorrow is better for you!

Spyctre May 5th, 2013 05:57 PM

Allison, guess who else was also asleep right after lunch? lol I left my mom sleeping on the living room floor and my dad in his recliner. :rolleyes: I wish I could have a nap today!

We'll see if she sleeps through the night, Amber. She's been having a rough go of that for a month now. She's been staying up till 10:30(we put her in her room at 9. She doesn't have to sleep, but she can't get up. She wakes up around 3 with a bad dream. We go in there with a glass of water, and she's out 10 minutes later. Then she's up at 6. It's not enough sleep for her, and she resists napping. I am starting to see the reason behind a lot of parents around here buying boxes of children's benadryl. I need to ask her doctor about a sleep aid.

jamieshalon2 May 6th, 2013 05:46 AM

Oh man what a tough day and situation. I hope she and you can both get some relief soon.

drewbears May 6th, 2013 12:11 PM

Oy! Yes a stay in bed kind of day for sure. Sorry .