JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Hormonal surges? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2649357-hormonal-surges.html)

anothermother May 9th, 2013 10:42 AM

Hormonal surges?

Sorry I haven't around as much, girls. My laptop died and I've been going off my phone and slow desktop. I'm still in the process of updating my desktop so hopefully it won't be as slow in the future... not to mention we don't have a great place to set it up so it's in my husband's mancave on his coffee table which requires me to sit on the floor to use it... :woohoo: ha!

Anyway, anyone dealt with this? It almost feels as though my body is having a BH, that tense, lose your breath feeling, but without the tummy hardness. Almost like an anxiety attack. I talked to my doctor about this and she said they are hormonal surges. She said these also come with insomnia (check) and crazy dream (double check).

Basically, they don't cause harm but the only way to help work through them is to do some yoga moves. I just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone is experiencing this or does in the future :) They are crazy weird. You'd think being on my 4th pregnancy I wouldn't have so many surprises! lol!

jennyrae03 May 9th, 2013 03:19 PM

Re: Hormonal surges?

I haven't experienced this yet, but I'm glad you posted about it. This way if it happens in the future, I'll know what the heck is going on! Sorry about your computer, hopefully you can get up and running again soon!

allysmomma May 9th, 2013 03:23 PM

Does it feel like a really heavy uncomfortable feeling? Cuz I've been having this since literally day 1...lol!! It stinks!! I have no idea how to do yoga, so i'm screwed, I think :(.

anothermother May 9th, 2013 03:49 PM

Yep sounds like it! I get them at least once a day mostly twice or three times. An I don't know yoga either, lol! But she said this one move with your hand on the ground and you forehead on top of your hands with your butt in the air works best.

soul_donut May 9th, 2013 04:06 PM

Ditto Jenny - I've had short bouts of crappiness this week but nothing I'd consider to be like that, but it's good to know there are a few moves I can do if it comes along, before I panic and call the doctor/my mother/my SIL the lady doc.

Heidijens1 May 9th, 2013 07:48 PM

Wow!! I have been having those sense my second pregnancy and this is baby # 5 and I never know thats what is was!! I always kinda wondered but never remembered to ask my DR. Thanks for letting us know!

Cccbb61013 May 9th, 2013 08:07 PM

In your chest/heart right? If so, I've been getting them. The other day it was so intense I thought I was having a heart attack, it didn't hurt per say, it was just so intense, I felt like something was seriously wrong!

1fabulousfem May 10th, 2013 04:37 AM

I felt something like this too ...twice but I felt dizzy at the same time.
I think it's because our hearts are working heard to pump all this extra blood...

2Corinthians10:4 May 10th, 2013 05:25 AM

Interesting! All I've been experiencing is round ligament pain lately...grrr.