JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Had my 16 week appt and scheduled my ultrasound (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2650390-had-my-16-week-appt-and-scheduled-my-ultrasound.html)

WhitneysMommy2011 May 14th, 2013 04:44 AM

Had my 16 week appt and scheduled my ultrasound

I cannot believe I am almost to the half way point! I had my appt yesterday. Baby sounded great! We discussed my cervix funneling and preterm labor issues with my daughter. Looks like I will have an ultrasound at least every 4 weeks to check my cervix and starting at 24 weeks he will do the FFN test every 2 weeks. I am not overly nervous about it, because I did not actually ended up delivering my daughter premature, but the thought is always there. My anatomy scan is scheduled for May 31st! Up until I actually scheduled the appt I have not really been consumed with thoughts on the gender. Now that we scheduled it I am starting to be consumed by the thoughts!

soul_donut May 14th, 2013 05:19 AM

Re: Had my 16 week appt and scheduled my ultrasound

While I'm sorry you have to get screened/US monthly to make sure you don't have issues, the upside is pretty sweet - you get to look into the porthole every 4 weeks to say hi to baby! :)

mamarazzi40 May 14th, 2013 06:17 AM

What is FFN?

Due to my placental mosaicism with Lily, I had u/s every 4 weeks after 20 weeks with her. It was awesome to see her growing like that! And I'm so grateful for the u/s pics I have of her.

Glad all is going well!

sweety_pie May 14th, 2013 06:56 AM

Glad all is well!! :)

Lemon May 14th, 2013 07:15 AM

Glad baby is doing good!!

AllieD May 14th, 2013 08:27 AM

Glad to hear the appointment went well! :)

WhitneysMommy2011 May 14th, 2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarazzi40 (Post 27362594)
What is FFN?

Fetal fibronectin. It is a protein that connects the baby to the uterus. They will basically just do a swab to see if it is present. If the test is negative then odds are labor will not begin in the following weeks. If a test is positive then it is a possibility. It is more accurate at telling you that you will not go into labor than you will.

Iluvmybabies* May 14th, 2013 07:09 PM

Glad everything went well and yay for the anatomy scan being booked!!!!!!!!!

FishermansWife4 May 15th, 2013 11:37 AM

Glad you had a decent appointment and YAY FOR ANATOMY SCANS!!!

O.o Thank you for telling us what FFN is! There's a test that does that?! I am definitely talking to my doc about that. If I go into labor my uterus could probably rupture(according to my doc) so it's helpful to know that tests like that are out there and I may be able to request it :hug: You have no idea how much that little bit of info could potentially ease my mind! Thank you again!!