JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Panic attack?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2650851-panic-attack.html)

Irshtripletsmommy May 15th, 2013 06:35 PM

Panic attack??

So I was putting the kids to bed earlier and I was just checking on the 4th load of laundry I've done today. From her bed, my daughter asks me "mommy, can you wash my clothes tonight?" I suddenly have this overwhelming feeling of nausea that I've never felt before, and I also start feeling like I'm either going to vomit or cry. I end up just kind of letting out a quiet whimper and breathing rapidly for a few seconds. I think maybe I felt overwhelmed by all the stuff going on. I know laundry shouldn't induce panic, so maybe it also has to do with pregnancy hormones? Anyone else panicking for silly things?

Wanta.number2 May 15th, 2013 07:16 PM

Re: Panic attack??

I think you probably just got a bit overwhelmed. I'm fairly stressed on a day to day basis around here and every so often I get that way when something sets me off, and I have to calm myself down.

Iluvmybabies* May 15th, 2013 09:02 PM

I have a bad anxiety disorder so I get panic attacks a lot, I bet you were just a bit overwhelmed ((hugs))

Lotsakids May 15th, 2013 09:09 PM

My anxiety attacks have been pretty well under control for the last 5 years or so, but last pregnancy I had a couple of doozies that came totally out of nowhere.

I figure that all the hormonal stuff going on doesn't help!

mamarazzi40 May 16th, 2013 07:59 AM

I'm sorry you were overwhelmed! I LOST it last night over a stupid computer printer. Yelled at my husband about it. :tantrum:

hormones are no joke!

Irshtripletsmommy May 16th, 2013 06:36 PM

Yeah, I figured it wasn't a real panic attack since I used to get those when I was younger and those last longer. My peak stress times are helping the kids with homework and bedtime. I just have to keep trying to not get too overwhelmed and keep calm. I hear you with the printer though. My SO uses most of the ink up and only he knows how to replace the cartridge, so if I needed to print something and couldn't I would definitely be on SO's butt about it!

Dolly Lama May 17th, 2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

My anxiety attacks have been pretty well under control for the last 5 years or so, but last pregnancy I had a couple of doozies that came totally out of nowhere.
Same here. :/

Pregnancy hormones seem to amplify everything. Panic attacks aside, I can totally relate to feeling overwhelmed - it seems to happen a lot these days, even with simple things that I used to handle well. I hope things calm down for you. :heart: