JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Big U/S yesterday! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2651238-big-u-s-yesterday.html)

Anitha May 17th, 2013 07:04 AM

Big U/S yesterday!

I had my anatomy u/s yesterday afternoon. First off the baby is doing great. The heart, kidneys, brain spine & bone measurements were all perfect. Baby measured 20 weeks and 3 days right on target. The doctor spoke to us after the u/s and again told us the baby looks perfect and there is no reason this pregnancy should be anything other than Low risk.

Aaaaand it's a GIRL!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: She was first shy and kept her legs closed. Then when she opened it she covered up her privates with her hand :p Finally we got a good look :) I already knew this from my NT scan. Great to have it confirmed. I thought I would still have some disappointment over losing my last chance to have a boy!! BUT I didn't. I am ecstatic!! So happy that I am going to be mommy to two little princesses! DD was so excited that she got what she wanted all along - a baby sister :wub:

After the u/s we went shopping at target to make my first baby purchases. I picked up a few cute little things and then we celebrated with dinner at Applebees!!

It was a great day! I feel so blessed!

Here is a pic of my baby stash :
http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...d2e6b9e85d.jpg

jennyrae03 May 17th, 2013 07:09 AM

Re: Big U/S yesterday!

Yay, sounds like you had an amazing appointment! Love your cute girly stuff you have :)

So you said you already knew from your NT scan...did they do the "nub theory" with you when they did it, or how did you know? Just curious, because my ultrasound lady did the nub theory with us, and I want to know if it was correct! haha

mamarazzi40 May 17th, 2013 07:12 AM

Welcome to Team Pink! :cheer:

And yay for a healthy baby!!!

I have that pink polka dot crib sheet too!!

WorkerBeeMama May 17th, 2013 07:14 AM

Congrats! Welcome to team pink...again :) I am a three-time member :p

Anitha May 17th, 2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyrae03 (Post 27371298)
So you said you already knew from your NT scan...did they do the "nub theory" with you when they did it, or how did you know? Just curious, because my ultrasound lady did the nub theory with us, and I want to know if it was correct! haha

Yeah it was based on the nub theory and I could see that the nub was almost parallel to the spine no where close to 30degree or more. And the tech said she was 85% sure :) If you are interested I also checked Ramsey's method and it was girl for me. The chinese calendar and the baking soda were pointing to boy LOL. Science wins Oldwives lose :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarazzi40 (Post 27371308)
I have that pink polka dot crib sheet too!!

I love that sheet! And I got the matching (with the bigger polka dots) fleece blanket too. Isn't its so cute? For DD I was always buying purple,violet and lilac stuff. This baby is going to be all out pink and fuschia :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WorkerBeeMama (Post 27371312)
Congrats! Welcome to team pink...again :) I am a three-time member :p

Yay girls are the best!! I really wanted a boy in the beginning. But now I can't imagine...wow so so excited!!

jamieshalon2 May 17th, 2013 07:35 AM

Yay, congrats on the girl confirmation. Those girl items you bought are adorable. I love purple!!

Lemon May 17th, 2013 08:03 AM

Congrats on a healthy baby girl!

Rosiegirl7 May 17th, 2013 08:56 AM

Congrats on the girl! Weren't you predicting a boy?? So exciting!

sweety_pie May 17th, 2013 09:04 AM

Congrats!! Love the stuff you bought!!

Anitha May 17th, 2013 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 (Post 27371637)
Congrats on the girl! Weren't you predicting a boy?? So exciting!

Thank you. Well I was originally hoping for a boy and the chinese calendar & baking soda tests said Boy. But Ramseys, & nub theory pointed to girl. I was pretty convinced by then it was a girl as well. I am very excited - I didn't expect to be , but I am :LOL:

Lotsakids May 17th, 2013 09:18 AM

Congratulations :D

cutenurse24 May 17th, 2013 09:40 AM

Lurking from TTC. So happy for you and that you are adding another princess to your family.

gRod May 17th, 2013 09:48 AM

I like the hot pink! Yay for a healthy baby girl!!!

Fortroseberry May 17th, 2013 10:56 AM

So glad you had such a great scan! Sisters are so sweet! :)

MrsPea May 17th, 2013 11:33 AM

Yay! Congrats on your little girl!!

allysmomma May 17th, 2013 11:51 AM

Congrats!!!

FishermansWife4 May 17th, 2013 12:02 PM

:cheer: Congratulations on your daughter!!! :cheer: I'm so happy to hear she's happy and healthy :)

mizza411 May 17th, 2013 08:23 PM

Amazing news! Welcome to team pink!