JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Controlling Cravings (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2651295-controlling-cravings.html)

FishermansWife4 May 17th, 2013 10:14 AM

Controlling Cravings

Or lack of... I've started to feel better and today i had to go grocery shopping for gravy only. Well, i decided the baby and i want home made smoothies, cookies and hot turkey wraps too. I almost forgot the gravy due to my cravings. The good news is the kids love my cravings too so that takes care of lunch and dinner is already cooking :)

jennyrae03 May 17th, 2013 11:58 AM

Re: Controlling Cravings

So here I was, thinking I was the only pregnant woman in the world to not have cravings...and then BAM I needed macaroni and cheese with hot dogs in it. I literally ate that SIX TIMES in a five day period. I have a problem :) lol I'm over that craving though. For now.

PS...gravy is DELICIOUS! Yum! I could just drink it hehe

FishermansWife4 May 17th, 2013 12:14 PM

Lol They say cravings are due to lack of minerals and the things you crave contain them. If that is in fact true, I'd say it's pretty normal to eat the same thing six times in 5 days; if it's not, blame baby like I am ;) I'm totally on a smoothie kick and MIL just bought me a blender. I'm in heaven lol AGREED that gravy is delicious.

sweety_pie May 17th, 2013 12:34 PM

I went to the shop for milk yesterday evening, and came home with cookies, watermelon and kettle cooked chips. You bet I had a bit of each that evening!! :P The watermelon was like the best watermelon ever!!! LOL

CountryMedic911 May 17th, 2013 01:22 PM

Ok now cookies and milk sound amazing! Then again so does hot turkey sandwiches! And my mom just said fried green tomatoes and onion rings sounded good to her :( when will this craving stuff end?

Lemon May 17th, 2013 01:31 PM

I have 2 cravings these days--- fresh strawberries and a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from Chicfila!

Fortroseberry May 17th, 2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyrae03 (Post 27372258)
So here I was, thinking I was the only pregnant woman in the world to not have cravings...and then BAM I needed macaroni and cheese with hot dogs in it. I literally ate that SIX TIMES in a five day period. I have a problem :) lol

That is my jam! Pregnant or not sadly. lol Right now, my cravings change everyday, unfortunately with my diabetes, most of the time I can't humor myself! :(

jennyrae03 May 17th, 2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fortroseberry (Post 27372614)
That is my jam! Pregnant or not sadly. lol Right now, my cravings change everyday, unfortunately with my diabetes, most of the time I can't humor myself! :(

I have loved macaroni and cheese with hot dogs ever since I was little. But definitely love it a lot more now that I am pregnant! Sucks that you can't indulge as much as you would like to!

ILoveStorm2011 May 17th, 2013 03:15 PM

Uhhh I went out last night for ravioli. Like I NEEDED chef Boyardi ravioli. I also got a box of mac and cheese and ate that for breakfast and lunch and dinner today (luckily only one box).
I'm trying to control myself, but I get fixated on the food and healthy food makes me sick (allergic or heartburn)

Fortroseberry May 17th, 2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyrae03 (Post 27372689)
I have loved macaroni and cheese with hot dogs ever since I was little. But definitely love it a lot more now that I am pregnant! Sucks that you can't indulge as much as you would like to!

Me too!! I feel like a child when I eat it, and it's not the best thing for you, but what a way to go! lol

FishermansWife4 May 18th, 2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CountryMedic911 (Post 27372461)
Ok now cookies and milk sound amazing! Then again so does hot turkey sandwiches! And my mom just said fried green tomatoes and onion rings sounded good to her :( when will this craving stuff end?

For me, it's a few days after birth.

And Today I almost put peanut butter and jelly on a biscuit.... I seriously had to stop myself lol

Irshtripletsmommy May 18th, 2013 09:21 AM

I just made chocolate chip cookies last night..yuuumm! I've been toasting mini cinnamon and raisin bagels with butter and eating that with Mac and cheese lately too...weird.

jennyrae03 May 18th, 2013 09:33 AM

FYI, I am legit about ready to cook myself macaroni and cheese with hot dogs, because I came to read the updates on this post and got hungry for it again...

One of these days I'll find a new food to obsess over! lol

CountryMedic911 May 18th, 2013 01:12 PM

That's its all made me hungry again! Lol I'm going to get onion rings and steak!

jennyrae03 May 18th, 2013 03:21 PM

I ate the whole pan...

Somebody please get me to macaroni rehab.