JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Nuroo (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2651301-nuroo.html)

cooper1414 May 17th, 2013 10:29 AM

Nuroo

I am all for babywearing, but this thing looks kinda funny to me. I dunno, I could see myself using it at home, but I don't think I'd wear it in public.

NuRoo

Any of you see this before?

Wanta.number2 May 17th, 2013 10:43 AM

Re: Nuroo

I have never seen this before. I would use it at home, but not out. It would get irritating from the weird stares and people constantly asking why you have a baby stuffed down your top. lol. The idea is cool though.

Mountain Momma May 17th, 2013 10:45 AM

I can't image how many people I would flash trying to use that in public!!

jamieshalon2 May 17th, 2013 10:54 AM

It looks like skin on skin contact and I can't handle that for a very long time. I mean like 5 minutes tops. I can't do hand holding or anything like that, well maybe if we had gloves on, lol.

*Lana* May 17th, 2013 11:52 AM

Looks like it is intended for skin to skin contact, which you probably wouldn't do outside of the house, unless it was someplace you happened to walk to add baby would need to have clothes put on in the car so it wouldn't get chilled in the car seat--otherwise the straps of the cat seat would be against their naked body.

cooper1414 May 17th, 2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 (Post 27372020)
I have never seen this before. I would use it at home, but not out. It would get irritating from the weird stares and people constantly asking why you have a baby stuffed down your top. lol. The idea is cool though.

Exactly what I was thinking! I know it looks like you just shoved the kid down your shirt. LOL I could do it at home I guess, but not for the $$. I have a nice buckly tei that I like. I used to have a moby but I lent it to someone and never got it back.

jennyrae03 May 17th, 2013 11:56 AM

I too was thinking it just looks like you shoved a baby down your shirt...not for me!

Daisee37 May 17th, 2013 12:22 PM

That just looks strange to me... I mean, the velcro on the shirt, the baby shoved in it... I can only imagine the looks you'd get. And like someone above said, it's only practical if you're walking to wherever you're going, since you can't put the baby in the carseat naked and drive to the mall, and then flash everyone in the parking lot when you're putting the baby in that thing!

Also, I'm perfectly comfortable being topless in my own home, so when I do skin-to-skin at home (which is the only place I could see wearing a shirt like that), I might as well save the $$$ and just not wear a shirt. I can wrap a blanket around me and baby if we get cold.

Very interesting product though!!! nEver seen it before!

cooper1414 May 17th, 2013 12:29 PM

LOL, my two oldest boys just saw the picture and thought it was hilarious. They said they think my "hippie sling" is much better.

Iluvmybabies* May 17th, 2013 12:39 PM

That is silly it does look like you shoved baby down your shirt you could find a shirt to do that with for cheap lol

allysmomma May 17th, 2013 12:45 PM

I like the idea I guess, but like Jamieshalon said, I could only do skin/skin for so long!! I don't like the teal one in the video, but I don't mind the black one, however it looks like a baby was just strapped to her and doesn't look real comfy IMO.

WorkerBeeMama May 17th, 2013 02:15 PM

DH and I saw that in Babysrus or something similar and started laughing. I am all for skin to skin contact but this is just funny. I wouldn't judge anyone for using it though. The one I saw just seemed really flimsy and I would be afraid baby would fall right out of it.

Allisonjuly May 17th, 2013 07:40 PM

Yes, my dd and I saw the display at BRU and we looked at each other like ***? and started laughing. It looks like an SNL skit.

mizza411 May 17th, 2013 08:19 PM

I kind of like it, but could do skin to skin with my blue celery wrap and just put a larger shirt over it and save $60

cooper1414 May 18th, 2013 06:05 AM

It does look like an SNL skit. LOL

MrsPea May 18th, 2013 08:38 AM

My sister sent this link to me, it looks like a waist of $$ to me. I'd only want to do skin to skin at home and would be fine with just a blanket. Plus it's only good for a few pounds so baby would grow right out of it in no time flat!