JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Why does milk..... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2657867-why-does-milk.html)

allysmomma June 11th, 2013 03:15 PM

Why does milk.....

make me feel sooooo bad????? I finally figured out that milk is what is making me feel so horrible. I love it, but I think I may have to give up the stuff for awhile or drink it in moderation. :( I also think maybe it might be my gal bladder acting crazy, but I'm not really sure on that!

Anyone else having this issue?

MrsPea June 11th, 2013 03:21 PM

Re: Why does milk.....

I'm lactose sensitive, so I drink the lactaid milk with my cereal and haven't had any problems.

allysmomma June 11th, 2013 04:29 PM

I've never had any issues, so it's really strange to me! Idk if I could do the lactose stuff, personally it just doesn't sound tasty!! lol

Rosiegirl7 June 11th, 2013 04:31 PM

I cut out dairy (except for some cheese) at the start of my pregnancy. I have always been wary of milk from the get-go with all the hormones and stuff that goes into it especially in the US.

We are the ONLY species to drink another species milk which I also think is weird. I love the taste of cold milk though so it was tough! But I feel strongly that you can get vitamins and calcium in a lot of veggies rather than dairy. After cutting it my face cleared up and I don't get bloated. It also causes inflamation and doesn't aid in helping your immune system.

Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones | Save Our Bones

Not to get all anti-milk but I do feel strongly about it!Let us know how you feel if you cut it from your diet! :)

Also- milk alternatives: Rice Dream and Almond Milk- both tasty! They also have Coconut Milk Ice cream that is yummy!

Lemon June 11th, 2013 04:55 PM

My mom and brother had to switch to almond milk because it made them feel sick.

I buy it for our family a lot too. :)

allysmomma June 11th, 2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosiegirl7 (Post 27440105)
I cut out dairy (except for some cheese) at the start of my pregnancy. I have always been wary of milk from the get-go with all the hormones and stuff that goes into it especially in the US.

We are the ONLY species to drink another species milk which I also think is weird. I love the taste of cold milk though so it was tough! But I feel strongly that you can get vitamins and calcium in a lot of veggies rather than dairy. After cutting it my face cleared up and I don't get bloated. It also causes inflamation and doesn't aid in helping your immune system.

Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones | Save Our Bones

Not to get all anti-milk but I do feel strongly about it!Let us know how you feel if you cut it from your diet! :)

Also- milk alternatives: Rice Dream and Almond Milk- both tasty! They also have Coconut Milk Ice cream that is yummy!

I will definitely look into it, but I love it so much!! Acne has been super bad this pregnancy, it's cleared up some, but it was really bad during first trimester!! Thank you for the tip and link!!

Irshtripletsmommy June 11th, 2013 05:49 PM

Doesn't consuming fatty foods make your galbladder act up? (if it was fatty milk instead of skim that you were drinking). I am not sure on that though, thought I read that somewhere. I know that milk makes acid reflux worse.

Wren June 11th, 2013 06:09 PM

I am lactose intolerant so that was my first that. If that were the case you would feel gassy and if you had a lot maybe bad stomach cramps and diarrhea. But if you are drinking whole or 2% it could be making your gallbladder act up. What symptoms are you having. I agree it would be weird to suddenly develop lactose intolerance during your pregnancy, but weirder things have happened. By the way, all the Lactaid brand lactose-free milk and ice cream tastes the same as regular milk to me. It is not like soy milk or almond milk which has a completely different texture and taste. They just add the enzyme too the milk that helps break down the lactose.

Spyctre June 11th, 2013 07:14 PM

I get so sick with milk right now! I am slightly lactose intolerant, but it gets really bad during pregnancy.

sweety_pie June 12th, 2013 05:01 AM

I love milk and it never makes me feel bad! lol