JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone else have siblings having a tough time with new baby coming? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2658271-anyone-else-have-siblings-having-tough-time-new-baby-coming.html)

BostonmamaSue12 June 13th, 2013 06:16 AM

Anyone else have siblings having a tough time with new baby coming?

I have a 6 year old who is my easier child and very excited. My 9 year old is strong willed and is not happy. Every time we argue, she says she is grouchy because of the new baby coming - wishes he wasn't and is mad at us for having him. I get upset and tell her that is mean and I don't want to hear it again. We have her seeing a psychologist to prepare for his arrival and because she is honestly a tough kid and we need help. She doesn't share well with others and always arguing with us. She is just super tough. How are you dealing with it all?

The two girls are going to share a room soon and we are trying to make it fun for them - new bed, new décor, etc but nothing is working. She is soo miserable and the poor 6 year old gets the brunt of it.

I feel like every day is a struggle.

jamieshalon2 June 13th, 2013 06:31 AM

Re: Anyone else have siblings having a tough time with new baby coming?

Awe, I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I have no advice to help out. My kids are probably more excited than I am, lol.
They are counting down the days until she is born.
Is it a new baby in general, or is it because this new baby is boy that she is upset?

Allisonjuly June 13th, 2013 06:46 AM

When we had #3 my dd had a tough time. She wanted a sister and was worried he wouldn't like her and like oldest brother more. (Turned out to be true).

She cut off all her hair twice :(

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. It's heartbreaking as a mom to go through this because you want all your kids to love each other and feel the same joy we feel.

Lemon June 13th, 2013 11:40 AM

I'm sorry. :hug: Maybe other BTDT moms will have good advice!

So far both kids are excited. I worry about both kids after he is born, but will try my best to make everyone feel special!

WorkerBeeMama June 13th, 2013 12:19 PM

I'm in the same boat minus the not wanting the baby to come part.

It is hard and tiring at times.

She is super sweet but just argues and has an attitude. 8 was the worst for her and I remember I used to always say I hate eight, lol.

She is 11 now and is better, but we still have our issues. My lack of discipline had not helped any and I have had to really put my foot down in the past month.

Oy, parenting can have it's not so fun moments.

nina529 June 13th, 2013 05:14 PM

awww :hug:
my son was super excited about a new baby before we found out the gender. he really, really wanted a brother. he (we) bought a mini baseball and bat, baseball outfits and a baseball blanket for "him". but when i told him she's a girl he got pretty upset. he kept saying that maybe they were wrong and maybe it could still be a boy. i felt so bad for him.

i told him that he could still teach his new little sister all about baseball. and even though she is a girl she'll still be following him around and looking up to him. my niece is about 4 years younger than my son and she constantly follows him around and wants to be just like him. she begged her parents to let her play softball just because her cousin was playing baseball. it was so cute that evening after i told everyone "it's a girl" my niece told my son she would trade him her 1 year old brother for his new baby sister. :)

my son's solution... i could just have another baby right after this one. haha kids