JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Maternity Clothes (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2663113-maternity-clothes.html)

2Corinthians10:4 July 2nd, 2013 07:12 PM

Maternity Clothes

What maternity items do you currently have? Are they all maternity or do you just buy regular clothes in bigger sizes?

jennyrae03 July 2nd, 2013 07:15 PM

Re: Maternity Clothes

I wear maternity jeans and capris from Old Navy. For shirts I have just been wearing the PINK v-necks from VS. they are typically loose-fitting anyway, so I am in the same size as usual with those.

2Corinthians10:4 July 2nd, 2013 07:24 PM

I have one pair of maternity jeans, 1 maternity skirt, and 3 maternity tanks. I also went to the mall this weekend though and bought 3 tees a size bigger, 3 tanks a size bigger, and one pair of shorts from TJMaxx a few sizes bigger. Other than that I have 2 skirts and one pair of capri's that still fit. I am trying really really hard to make these items last the next 15-18 weeks but I might end up grabbing a couple more tees at Target.

Spyctre July 2nd, 2013 09:02 PM

3 pants
1 usable preggo shirt. 1 is stained, 1 too big.
I wear regular shirts. They show off the belly better anyway! :D

ILoveStorm2011 July 2nd, 2013 09:28 PM

I have one prego jeans 3 tanks and one nursing shirt I think? I mostly wear work out clothes, Dh's shirts, and dresses lately.

sweety_pie July 3rd, 2013 05:18 AM

I have 4 pairs of maternity jeans, 1 pair of maternity capris, 2 pairs of regular yoga pants I wears, and like 3 regular shirts that are a size up from my usual.

fludderbye July 3rd, 2013 05:39 AM

I wear clothes that are too big for me for the most part

like sweats/work out pants/stretchy pants

dresses

& T shirts over sized

that being said- when my mom or i see maternity stuff that might fit at a yard sale- she will pick them up- so i have a few items that are officially maternity but not many

soul_donut July 3rd, 2013 05:45 AM

I figure, why buy new clothes in bigger sizes when maternity clothes would fit nicely and perhaps in a more flattering way? I have a few dresses, a few skirts, a few shirts, a couple pairs of shorts, a tank, leggings, and a pair of jeans. I'll buy more tanks if I need to (I have a ton of them that I don't mind stretching, if it doesn't look bad) and I have some flowy blouses I can still get away with from pre-PG. I will either pack these clothes away, sell them w/ a decent resale value, or let my friend borrow them when I'm done. I tried buying some clothes in larger sizes but they made me feel fat, not pregnant, so I abandoned that idea. Right now I'm wearing a ruched polka dot maternity tank, white linen maternity shorts, and hot pink toms. Comfy! Though if I could turn back time I would have purchased a size M and not S in the tank - boobs are a little crazy.

Irshtripletsmommy July 3rd, 2013 06:53 AM

I have one pair of maternity jeans, three pairs of cotton shorts that are just bigger, two pairs of white Capri, and about 6 maternity tops that my sister gave me. I also have 4 dresses, 1 that is maternity.

Rosiegirl7 July 3rd, 2013 09:01 AM

So far I've gotten by with a belly pant for my pants and just a few maternity tanks and 1 dress. Other than that I'm squeezing into my clothes.

fancypants27 July 3rd, 2013 09:58 AM

I just bought a bunch of summer maternity clothes last week. 2 yoga style capris, 2 dressy capris and about 6 tops. Otherwise just wearing my regular 'fat' clothes.

gRod July 3rd, 2013 10:06 AM

four pairs of maternity black pants, one gray and one beige.

about 10 maternity tops

4 comfortable yoga type pants (two larger-two maternity)

three dresses

one blazer

I have been able to continue to use my little wraps still....they are one size fits all type things...I wear those much more than my blazers

walelia2 July 3rd, 2013 10:09 AM

I have a few maternity tanks, about 3 maternity shirts, and 4-5 pairs of pants. The rest of the clothes I wear are larger sizes, or I make sure I get something stretchy that is long to cover my belly.

cooper1414 July 4th, 2013 06:34 AM

I have two maternity dresses for work, a couple of non maternity pants that are low rise that I can still wear, a couple of maternity work pants, a few maternity shorts, tanks, tops. The only non maternity stuff I wear are a few t-shirts, athletic shorts and those two pants. I am really trying not to buy any other maternity stuff since I will only wear them a few more months anyway, but they are comfy and cute, so it's hard. :) After he is born I am donating to the crisis pregnancy center here in town.

jamieshalon2 July 8th, 2013 05:12 AM

I have
2 pair of maternity jeans
3 pair of maternity dress pants
6 maternity tee shirts
2 pair of maternity jean capri's
3 pair of khaki or black linen maternity capri's
2 pair of maternity jean shorts (which I will ONLY wear around the house, lol)
4 or 5 dressy maternity shirts for work
1 or 2 casual dresses and 1 professional looking maternity dress

Most of my stuff is either what I kept from previous pregnancies and passed to my SIL who passed it back to me, or I bought at the goodwill or on super sale. I have to kind of dress up for work, so I need a bigger variety than I did when I was a SAHM.

anothermother July 8th, 2013 07:40 AM

I only have one pair of maternity skinny jeans and 2 belly bands. Regular maternity shirts just don't fit me well.... too big up top and too short on the bottom. So I just stick with trying to buy longer shirts.

2Corinthians10:4 July 8th, 2013 09:02 AM

I guess I tend to buy bigger clothes because they are cheaper than maternity clothes and our budget is tight. Maybe it's the way my belly is, but they really don't look any different on me than maternity clothes? Or maybe I am just so short that maternity clothes look frumpy on me no matter what?

anothermother July 8th, 2013 09:06 AM

Yes, I feel frumpy in maternity clothes too. Our budget is also tight, and maternity clothes are so expensive that I'd just rather try to make due with what I have and if I buy something be able to wear it afterwards too.

I like the tight tops that show my bump too. I wore a lose top the other day and oh my word, I looked ginormous!!! I couldn't believe it!

drewbears July 10th, 2013 06:32 AM

im in all maternity now. I hate them, but when I wear regular stuff, I just look MUCH fatter, at least with maternity while I still look fat, it doesn't look as bad.

to clarify, im using maternity tees, capris, and shorts. not undies and all that.