JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Booked my maternity photos! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2664844-booked-my-maternity-photos.html)

soul_donut July 10th, 2013 12:21 PM

Booked my maternity photos!

Boom! I paid the deposit and set the date for maternity photos. August 13.. I'll be 31.5 weeks. I am looking forward to getting pics with DH that also feature our house and all the hard work we've put in these past two years. Then we'll walk around town to our favorite spots and get them in the pictures, too! We love walking/biking/exploring the city so we thought photos here would be a nice keepsake. Then, if we connect with this photographer, I'll hire her again in the future to take pics with the baby. Her business is new, and she didn't have any maternity shots yet, but she did have couple's portraits and newborn/babies/kids pics, which were pretty decent! She gave me a great rate and while I would have liked to see maternity pics, like some of the other front-runners, the price was a lot more competitive, leaving more left over for photos with the baby later.

Family Photography

Now I'm working on a board on Pinterest to put together my favorite pics. I am thinking about whether I'd like props :) The block letters are so cliche, but they're so cute! Same with balloons! Anyone have any non-cliche props in mind? :) :) :)

Lemon July 10th, 2013 12:31 PM

How exciting!! :cheer:

MrsPea July 10th, 2013 02:46 PM

Re: Booked my maternity photos!

I booked mine too (and newborn session too)! Mine aren't until Sept. 28th I'll be like 36 weeks then. Crazy! Newborn session is booked for Nov. 19th he'll be anywhere from a week to a couple of weeks by then.
I'm in the same boat as you, my friend has a limited portfolio in Maternity & Newborn but got a great rate, and it'll be fun since she's a family friend who also did our engagement session.
http://www.jasminhunterphotography.com

Irshtripletsmommy July 10th, 2013 06:38 PM

Sounds good! I have never had pro pics taken of myself, so I'm not sure what kind of props to use, but you should put your cat in a shirt that reads "I'm the big brother" and have him in the picture lol...seriously though, would that be cute or just too silly?

soul_donut July 10th, 2013 07:31 PM

I would definitely do that.. but I might take the photo with my nice camera instead ;) I should get that onesie - i mean, my actual baby will get to wear it some day... so it would be an INVESTMENT! :high5:

FishermansWife4 July 11th, 2013 06:38 AM

That's awesome that you set a date. Will we get to see some of the pictures? Hope so! I bet they'll be awesome :)

soul_donut July 11th, 2013 07:00 AM

yeah!

Now I have to decide what to wear ;) My washing machine has been particularly cruel and staining my clothes so I have this paranoia that I'm going to put on a maternity dress that has discoloration on the butt or something that I'll notice AFTER she takes the photos!

slmehaffey July 11th, 2013 09:45 AM

one of my clients once wore a pink tutu and a black sports bra in her maternity photos, it was REALLY cute! She did it because of a childrens book with a hippo in a tutu... it was adorable and really fun!

sweety_pie July 11th, 2013 11:17 AM

YAY! I'm sure they will be awesome pics!

Druslady96 July 14th, 2013 02:09 AM

How exciting! I was supposed to take some last week but had to reschedule. I want to use them for save the dates for my shower..... Can't wait to see everyones.

drewbears July 16th, 2013 08:56 AM

Awesome!

I am now debating what to do for me. I know this is our last baby... I kinda feel like I should do some pics, but I hate myself in pics, and setting up the tripod doesn't really work for me. :(