JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Update from today's appt (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2665052-update-todays-appt.html)

WorkerBeeMama July 11th, 2013 11:18 AM

Update from today's appt

So I had an appt with my MFM today to have an ultrasound to check on baby and placenta. Baby is doing great and measuring at 28 weeks (5 days ahead) and 2.7 lbs. Her heart looked great and my placenta moved up a lot, so no need for a c-section unless baby is breech. Baby isn't breech but transverse...maybe that is why I am so uncomfortable lately. He checked my cervix to make sure there was no shortening and my cervix measured 3.5cm so that was great. All in all, everything looked wonderful.

We got a few shots of Jane. The 2D ones were super cute. The 3D ones were not, lol. In one of them she looks like a zombie blob and the other one shows her face - we're taking to calling her bird girl after that photo, lol.

I brought a flash drive for them to upload all my ultrasound photos onto form the past three appts and they did, but it is not working, so I have to go back and have them redo it on a different drive.

Anyways, that is my update.

jamieshalon2 July 11th, 2013 11:21 AM

Re: Update from today's appt

Sounds very good!

sweety_pie July 11th, 2013 11:28 AM

Glad all is going well! :)

FishermansWife4 July 11th, 2013 11:31 AM

YAY Mindy and Jane! Glad she's doing alright and your placenta is where it needs to be :)

PS - As much as I love ultrasound photos, some of them freak me out with the way they depict baby :-\ I'm sure she's absolutely gorgeous and not bird like at all :)

Iluvmybabies* July 11th, 2013 11:53 AM

Woohoo for a great appointment!!!

MrsPea July 11th, 2013 11:55 AM

What a great appointment! Glad you are doing so great!

Irshtripletsmommy July 11th, 2013 03:25 PM

Great news! It's sweet that you have a nickname for her :)

ILoveStorm2011 July 11th, 2013 05:05 PM

:) Yay that's good!

SierraWinter July 11th, 2013 06:14 PM

Sounds like a good appt, yay for getting to see baby :)

The Purple Butterfly July 11th, 2013 06:33 PM

I also find the u/s pics to be funny looking at this point. To avoid a breech baby and a c/s, you should totally do some spinningbabies.com stuff as you near the 34w mark or so. It worked wonderfully for me in my last pg!

Lotsakids July 11th, 2013 08:23 PM

Glad to hear everything went well :)

Allisonjuly July 12th, 2013 02:28 AM

I'm thinking part of the reason they gave me the free (24 weeks) 4D pic I have in my sig is because I kept asking if his face looked normal. I told the tech that in the u/s photo from 18 weeks he looked scary and my kids were calling him monster baby! :lol:

fludderbye July 12th, 2013 03:55 AM

glad to hear all is doing well !!!

drewbears July 16th, 2013 08:16 AM

Glad to see all is going well!!!!

L-SBB July 16th, 2013 08:38 AM

so glad everything is going great!!! Happy the placenta moved too so you're not facing auto C-section!

Since I know you're on blood thinners too...has MFM told you to def. move to Heparin at 36 weeks? I ask b/c my OB is thinking of keeping me on Lovenox longer - despite induction occurring def between 38-39 weeks - and my MFM wasn't thrilled to hear that at my apt today lol, so was curious what yours is recommending.