JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   GD Test (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2665172-gd-test.html)

Spyctre July 11th, 2013 09:56 PM

GD Test

I actually got nauseated for the first time with it. The first time I felt high, second I felt wonderful, earlier this pregnancy it felt normal, but this time it was all I could do not to vomit. And the guest wifi wasn't working during my hour. I was so bored. Glad to get it done!

Did y'all's OB's or MW's make you fast? Mine didn't. I had a bunch of watermelon and OJ before going in. They said that was fine. Last time I came out on the higher side of normal, but I was still chewing stir-fry as I headed out the door to my appointment. Sweet and spicy so carbs and more sugar. lol I'm pretty sure this time will be normal as well. Fingers crossed anyway!

Lotsakids July 11th, 2013 10:00 PM

Re: GD Test

I really really don't like the GD test. Always leaves me feeling dizzy/sick & like I need to puke :(

Hope that you get good results ;)

ILoveStorm2011 July 11th, 2013 10:42 PM

Yes. :( I had a granola bar about 30 min before my Mw appointment and they made me come back.
First time I was fine, but this time I wanted to puke too! :(

Allisonjuly July 12th, 2013 02:09 AM

Mine is saying I can eat or drink whatever. I wasn't allowed to with my other kids. Did something with the test change recently?

sweety_pie July 12th, 2013 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allisonjuly (Post 27514203)
Mine is saying I can eat or drink whatever. I wasn't allowed to with my other kids. Did something with the test change recently?

I was wondering this exact thing! lol With my other 2 I had to fast before the test, this time she told me to eat my usual breakfast before the drink and test. I even said are you sure no fasting?? didn't seem right lol Guess it has changed? :mellow:

Lemon July 12th, 2013 04:27 AM

They told me not to eat 2 hours the test.

I need to go take mine this morning.

jamieshalon2 July 12th, 2013 04:38 AM

I am going to take mine next Friday. i was told no food and only water after midnight. I am really not looking forward to it :(

Irshtripletsmommy July 12th, 2013 05:04 AM

It's really annoying how some doctors say fast and others don't. With something like this there should be a standard procedure. My doctor didn't give me instructions and I didn't see any instructions when I made the appointment online.

jennyrae03 July 12th, 2013 05:41 AM

When I had to do one at 8 weeks, they didn't make me fast. They said to just eat whatever I normally do. I wonder if it depends on which brand of "drink" they use (I will use that term loosely because it isn't a drink in my book - it is syrup! lol).

jamieshalon2 July 12th, 2013 05:58 AM

I don't even have to make an appointment, lol. I just walk into the Outpatient center when I want to do it. I am off work on Friday, so that is why I chose that day.

Jenny, the one I usually drink is syrupy too. To me it tastes like Orange Soda with about a cup of sugar added to it. YUCK!! I really hate it.

drewbears July 16th, 2013 08:22 AM

I have never been told to fast before the GD test, they always said to eat as I would normal do.