JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Pertussis vaccine (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2665311-pertussis-vaccine.html)

gRod July 12th, 2013 12:23 PM

Pertussis vaccine

I got my shot yesterday and OMG....my whole upper arm is so sore. I dont remember it hurting so bad? Are you guys having the same issue?

sweety_pie July 12th, 2013 12:28 PM

Re: Pertussis vaccine

I've never heard tell of getting this while pregnant??

gRod July 12th, 2013 12:30 PM

I got it with my first as well....

sweety_pie July 12th, 2013 12:31 PM

Oh ok, hmm something I will have to ask at my next appointment! :)

Anitha July 12th, 2013 01:14 PM

Yep I got the TDAP (Tetanus Diptheria & Pertussis) vaccine yesterday as well. I didn't get this when I was preggers with DD. This is a new CDC recomendation. My arm hurts as well :/

MrsPea July 12th, 2013 02:37 PM

I got the shot a couple years ago non-prggo, and yeah my arm was so sore for days. It hurt to lay on it, it hurt to lift it, it just hurt..

Allisonjuly July 13th, 2013 09:24 AM

Never heard of it!

Spyctre July 13th, 2013 09:42 AM

Haven't had my booster in about 10 years now. Time to get it! I do remember my arm hurting some when I did.

Loni July 13th, 2013 01:14 PM

Never heard I getting it when pregnant and my dr hasn't mentioned it.

SierraWinter July 13th, 2013 06:09 PM

My arm hurt for a few days after getting it. Good thing you got it....there has been a huge increase in the amount of pertussis (Whooping Cough) outbreaks (thanks to the anti-vaccine crowd) and sadly little babies are far more at risk for death from pertussis than healthy adults. A friend of mine had her little baby in ICU a few months ago, got exposed from an adult that hadn't been vaccinated and it went from pertussis to pneumonia. Poor baby took months to recover. My doc had me get the vaccine as soon as they knew we were trying for a baby, they said unvaccinated mothers risk exposing their babies.

jamieshalon2 July 15th, 2013 04:29 AM

I have never heard of getting it while pregnant either. Nor has my doc mentioned it. Hmmmm, I go back on Aug 1st. I may mention it to him then.

I am definitely not against getting the vaccine. My oldest son had pertussis when he was about a year old (and it was after getting the vaccine too). I remember how horrible it was for him. I don't ever want to see anyone with that again.

SouthernBelle86 July 15th, 2013 05:49 AM

I got my TDap before I was pregnant and don't remember it hurting at all.

gRod July 15th, 2013 08:03 AM

Im surprised some of you have never heard of it. I thought it was like a "you have to"

Everyone that will be close to baby for long periods of time get it in our area (Dallas, Texas). My parents, nanny, child care workers, and my husband.

Either way, it hurt a bit....more than the rogram shot in my hip!

drewbears July 16th, 2013 09:05 AM

I never get it.