JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Hate cooking lately (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2668772-hate-cooking-lately.html)

Lemon July 29th, 2013 01:44 PM

Hate cooking lately

Or maybe I just hate the work and the cleaning up? Ugh, I'm just feeling so lazy!
I usually cook, mostly from scratch 5-6 nights a week.
I just put a steak in the oven to cook and started some rice and veggies and it took all of my effort.

I texted DH: "I'd rather poke my eyes out than cook tonight."
DH: "Awesome."

Anyone else feeling as lazy as me??! :)

I have bananas that need to become banana bread tonight. I'd rather run two miles, lol.

Rosiegirl7 July 29th, 2013 01:46 PM

Re: Hate cooking lately

Yes, everything seems like a task. Cooking is defintiely one of them, I try to make the simplest dishes for my SO and I, and they usually turn out horrible. Maybe tonight is a jack in the box kinda night! :)

And banana bread sounds yummy!!

MrsPea July 29th, 2013 02:21 PM

Yup I have those days! That's when I usually throw in a frozen pizza or something equally fast (and not from scratch).

My meal plan this week is hamburgers tonight and a large lasagna tomorrow so we can alternate leftovers for the rest of the week. haha,totally reflects how I feel about cooking today!

Maybe you can freeze the bananas until you are ready to make the bread.

Irshtripletsmommy July 29th, 2013 02:47 PM

Yes, totally understand. we are so broke I can't justify eating takeout all the time though. sometimes I make something that SO doesn't want to eat, so he orders pizza for him and the kids.

JeCaLe July 29th, 2013 03:36 PM

That is every night here. It is so draining and its especially hard if I am already hungry.

Dolly Lama July 29th, 2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Or maybe I just hate the work and the cleaning up? Ugh, I'm just feeling so lazy!
I usually cook, mostly from scratch 5-6 nights a week.
I just put a steak in the oven to cook and started some rice and veggies and it took all of my effort.
I can't quite figure this out either. :D

Seriously, I am a scratch cook, and I used to cook 6 nights a week at least! Then of course there were the freshly baked breads, pretzels, cakes, and pies that I used to turn out in addition to these lovely dinners. This was my hobby and I loved it...until I got pregnant.

It started with the morning sickness, so I wasn't feeling the smells in the kitchen. The MS stayed longer than it should, then perhaps morphed into some sort of laziness? Like it takes so much effort to clean the kitchen that I'd rather pick up dinner at Subway than to mess up the kitchen only to have to clean it again?

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think this is laziness. Everything that I used to do without much thought takes so much effort now! I'm sure everyone in the house is counting down the days until this baby is born. :giggle:

Allisonjuly July 29th, 2013 03:56 PM

I normally cook more. The first half I blamed m/s and now I blame being too tired.

jamieshalon2 July 29th, 2013 05:49 PM

Yeah, I've been like this too.I usually Love to cook, but lately it's been such a chore to cook simple dinners.

ILoveStorm2011 July 29th, 2013 06:21 PM

Uh..I'm still addicted to chik fil a...
:P
THAT almost takes all my effort ;)

sweety_pie July 30th, 2013 03:47 AM

Yep same here, cooking has become such a task!! I have been wanting spaghetti and garlic bread for weeks, but I put it off each night and make something easy lol even though spaghetti isn't hard! :P

I also have bananas there wanting to become banana bread! :P

Lemon July 30th, 2013 04:28 AM

I made dinner and the banana bread last night. Go me!!! :)

fludderbye July 30th, 2013 04:57 AM

trick for your bananas- if you dont feel like using them- mash them and freeze them in an ice cube tray- when frozen pop them out and they are ready to use- smoothies- bread what ever-

and all my pregnancies i get into a lazy dont want to do anything mood-
when i have a day i feel llike cooking i end up making 2 or 3 meals so i dont have to cook the rest of the week

curlimama05 July 30th, 2013 08:42 AM

Nothing really sounds good to me!

jennyrae03 July 30th, 2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlimama05 (Post 27551752)
Nothing really sounds good to me!

THIS.

Thankfully, I usually work until 8pm, so by the time I get home at 8:15, I only have enough time to whip up something simple like tacos, popcorn chicken, hamburger helper, etc. I only make a bigger meal a couple of times a week.

However...I'd rather cook than clean my house. I don't think I have actually cleaned my whole house since before I got pregnant. I think husband is starting to notice... *hangs head in shame*

curlimama05 July 30th, 2013 11:40 AM

Oh I hate cleaning too. But with having a home daycare, I dont have much choice.