JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I feel like.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2668958-i-feel-like.html)

Rosiegirl7 July 30th, 2013 11:04 AM

I feel like..

I'm back in the first trimester, but with some added bonuses like a big tummy and aching muscles.

But seriously, I am SOOOO tired! I can barely keep my eyes open at work. I'm trying to stay away from caffeine but I don't know what to do to keep me awake and motivated. I don't even feel like myself. :(

Anyone have any tips to stay awake during the day? Napping isn't much of an option here.

Ughhh I wish my maternity leave would start!

jennyrae03 July 30th, 2013 11:07 AM

Re: I feel like..

:ditto:

I'm always sleepy. I feel like I never get enough sleep, even if I sleep for 10 hours! And I have zero advice, because I'm a bad almost-mommy and jumped back on the caffeine train a long time ago.

jamieshalon2 July 30th, 2013 11:08 AM

Yeah it really does suck. I feel tired a lot more often too. I actually started taking my B vitamins again. I think it helps a little bit, but not as much as I would like.

Lemon July 30th, 2013 11:38 AM

I'm really sleepy too.
I actually got an awesome night of sleep last night, and still feel tired.
I do allow myself a cup of coffee. Sometimes 2! ;)

I think it just comes with the end stages of pregnancy. I did some light house work this morning, took my kids outside to play for a bit, and was seriously dragging making them their lunches. I usually get a smaller burst of energy after dinner.

It's pathetic. lol.

sweety_pie July 30th, 2013 11:45 AM

Feeling the same way here! I also still drink my tea lol I always get so sleepy around 2 pm everyday!

QL1516 July 30th, 2013 12:00 PM

I'm drinking a little caffeine, though it's more about headaches than what it does to keep me awake. Itry to get up and walk aaround a little bit every so often, but only because I can't focus.

I feel so out of it. And I can't sleep through the night for the life of me. And I read that the muscle relaxer they gave me to sleep is not recommended for third trimester. And OTC sleeping stuff never works. And, and, and... Wahhh! I swear it makes me want to cry. Even my hormones are worse.

MrsPea July 30th, 2013 01:23 PM

I told my DH this morning to think of me as a growing boy right now, lol! I just want to sleep and eat that's it.

soul_donut July 30th, 2013 05:08 PM

I sm with you.. currently summoning the energy to stand up and take a shower. I drink coffee but that doesn't even help..

Loni July 30th, 2013 05:19 PM

I'm the same way and my kids aren't helping matters. The past couple nights I have been woken up 3-4 times between the 3 kids. I try and stay away from caffeine but that hasn't been possible the past few days. I have found that if I sit down it makes my day much worse. My girls are in camp this week from 9-12 and until they get home the only time I sit down is to drive them to and from camp. I try to get my work done then so that if I sit down in the afternoon and loose all motivation I don't feel so guilty.

ILoveStorm2011 July 30th, 2013 08:56 PM

Nope can't help lol.
If I have to be awake longer than 5 hours I get a small coffee. If somebody says something I tell them I can have up to 200 mgs and this is a better option than me getting into an accident because I am just so tired.
Heck I have 2 finals and another exam left and I just DO NOT want to study at all which is unlike me.

Iluvmybabies* July 30th, 2013 10:05 PM

I am always exhausted now, I do drink some caffeine if I have to!

2Corinthians10:4 July 30th, 2013 10:29 PM

I'm feeling the same way. So tired of being tired lol!

Druslady96 July 30th, 2013 10:44 PM

SOOOO on the same page... I actually HAD to go and take a nap yesterday because I could not concentrate or keep my eyes open... I wish I had a suggestion for you but maternity leave will be here before we know it!

Irshtripletsmommy July 31st, 2013 03:50 AM

Allow yourself some caffeine: You have have up to 250 mg safely, probably a little more even. Caffeine doesn't really work that well for me, but it might for you.

Aimee319 July 31st, 2013 07:39 AM

Same, I am exhausted most days. I am hoping I am not anemic or anything, got my glucose blood draw yesterday so I will soon if I am. I normally am not anemic but the pre-natals I take don't have iron in them so we'll see.

This pregnancy thing was so much easier when I didn't have another kid to look after! My son gave up naps long ago.

Rosiegirl7 July 31st, 2013 10:32 AM

Yea I broke down and had a Starbucks refresher which has "natural" caffeine whatever that means. I felt a whole lot better..but now today, same story! My eyes are so heavy but I'm glad I'm not alone. Thanks ladies for the advice!

sweety_pie July 31st, 2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimee319 (Post 27554126)
Same, I am exhausted most days. I am hoping I am not anemic or anything, got my glucose blood draw yesterday so I will soon if I am. I normally am not anemic but the pre-natals I take don't have iron in them so we'll see.

This pregnancy thing was so much easier when I didn't have another kid to look after! My son gave up naps long ago.

My prenatal had like 8mg of iron in them, definitely not enough and I ended up anemic! :( Hopefully now that I'm on iron my levels will go up so I can feel better! :confused:

MrsHoot July 31st, 2013 11:01 AM

On the tired boat with you too! I still have my one caffeine drink a day (sometimes 2), because I am just that naughty. But it doesn't really help, I'm just obsessed with coke. I agree with whoever said that sitting down does not help! Lol, I find if I keep pushing myself, then I sort of avoid it. BUT if I sit down, I'm never getting back up, haha.

walelia2 July 31st, 2013 11:07 AM

I don't know if I could survive some days without caffeine. I've been limiting my intake, but I do need it sometimes. Naps don't seem to help, I'm still tired when I wake up!