JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Chobani recall (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677072-chobani-recall.html)

soul_donut September 6th, 2013 09:02 AM

Chobani recall

Chobani Greek Yogurt Recalled - Business - Doylestown-Buckingham-New Britain, PA Patch

I had to throw away two yogurts! Booooo

jennyrae03 September 6th, 2013 09:20 AM

Re: Chobani recall

This doesn't concern me, since I think Greek yogurt is DIS-GUS-TING.

:2cents:

However, I am sad for your loss...having to throw away a food you like is just wrong.

jamieshalon2 September 6th, 2013 09:32 AM

I saw that. I don't usually buy the chobani brand though. I like the coconut and banana cream greek yogurt from Dannon. I will be checking for mold before I eat them though.

Daisee37 September 6th, 2013 09:34 AM

Thanks for posting! I have tons of the stuff at home, so I'll have to check to see if any of it is recalled. The one I have with me today at work isn't on the list, so I'm relieved about that!

allysmomma September 6th, 2013 09:53 AM

I agree with Jenny....blah!!! It has a funny taste to me...just can't get used to it!! lol, but I know throwing away food is not fun, when it's not your fault!!

MrsPea September 6th, 2013 10:18 AM

Good to know! Thanks for the post!

soul_donut September 6th, 2013 10:49 AM

Sometimes I still think BLEHHHHH when I eat yogurt but it's good for me ;)

jennyrae03 September 6th, 2013 12:05 PM

I go through phases with yogurt...sometimes I LOVE it, and will eat it every day for weeks. And then all of a sudden, the thought of eating it grosses me out and I won't eat it again for months.

FishermansWife4 September 6th, 2013 12:19 PM

I'm sorry you had to throw your food away. I can't believe they let stuff like yogurt be able to be recalled. They should triple or quadruple check that. I know errors happen but come on now! That's like recalling milk - should never pass inspection in the first place if it's got something wrong with it.

WhitneysMommy2011 September 6th, 2013 07:19 PM

I threw some away a couple of weeks ago that we had bought for DD, because it was bloated. Thankfully I noticed it and tasted it, so she did not eat any. Glad you posted this! Thanks

QL1516 September 6th, 2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

I go through phases with yogurt...sometimes I LOVE it, and will eat it every day for weeks. And then all of a sudden, the thought of eating it grosses me out and I won't eat it again for months.
I'm so with you on this. Then SO will be like, "You just ate this, how do you hate it now?" I simply say my food rules are many and while they may not make sense, they should not be questioned. Especially by someone who had his first bowl of Lucky Charms and first Blizzard at age 38.

WorkerBeeMama September 10th, 2013 02:00 PM

I had to throw away one but my other two were bad. I think I might have eaten one of the bad ones a couple weeks ago though in a smoothie. I didn't get sick though, so maybe it wasn't bad.

drewbears September 11th, 2013 02:38 PM

when I was first preggo I LOVED that stuff... but now not so much. :(