JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   SHOCKING discovery at my appointment today (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677164-shocking-discovery-my-appointment-today.html)

mizza411 September 6th, 2013 04:02 PM

SHOCKING discovery at my appointment today

I was worried about lack of fetal movement, so I called my midwife today and they decided to do an ultrasound to make sure that everything was ok. The great news is that everything is fine, baby passed with flying colours, so no need to worry any longer.

The shocking news is that my little girl, who we've been calling Clara since 19 weeks is actually a boy!! I can't believe it. It is definitely a boy though, I made her show me multiple times, to the point where she got exasperated with me! Lol.

So, now I need to get used to the fact that I'm having a BOY and not a GIRL!

We've already got so much girl stuff, I guess I'll have to get to exchanging ASAP.

Still over the moon that the baby is happy and healthy, and I cannot wait to meet my little boy, who we are now calling Henry.

Hope I'm the only one here with a shocking discovery about baby's gender!! xx

MrsHoot September 6th, 2013 04:05 PM

Re: SHOCKING discovery at my appointment today

Well atleast you have some time to adjust now, instead of being surprised at the birth!! :) Glad your little one is healthy, though I can imagine being quite shocked! Our friends had a girl in March after being told they had a boy... so we were totally cool with being team green this time. Just in case... :)

Seasaidh September 6th, 2013 04:23 PM

Yay! I was wondering just today how many of us would end up gettng surprises!!

That's so funny. When they call out "girl" you can never be too sure!! :lol: Every time they've seen mine on the screen since 19w they've said "oh, it's definitely a boy". I think it makes my husband feel proud. hehehe.

Wanta.number2 September 6th, 2013 04:30 PM

Glad you got your surprise now instead of at birth! Now you have time to get to exchanging!

ILoveStorm2011 September 6th, 2013 04:41 PM

Oh wow! Good thing you found out :) That would've been a shock!

mama2ladybugs September 6th, 2013 04:44 PM

lol i'm sorry, i had to laugh at that because it made me think of my mom with my little brother. fortunately, you found out now...she bought girl stuff to decorate the room and then found out when he was born that she would have to be taking it back!

Iluvmybabies* September 6th, 2013 04:51 PM

That's crazy congrats on the healthy baby boy!!!!!!

I make the ultrasound check thoroughly every ultrasound and she still has girly bits!!!

Spyctre September 6th, 2013 04:54 PM

I got a 3-D confirmation mine is still a girl. lol I'm glad the surprise is now and not when you delivered! Now he won't go home in pink. :D

anothermother September 6th, 2013 05:01 PM

Oh wow! Congrats on your little BOY!! I'm glad you got that surprise u/s! We've had 2 u/s that was quite obvious it was a boy, but I'm not gonna mind taking one last peek in 2 weeks! lol!

sweety_pie September 6th, 2013 05:30 PM

Wow thats crazy!!! Congrats on your boy!! lol

mizza411 September 6th, 2013 05:33 PM

Thanks everyone! I am still in shock, and have to catch myself when I want to say "she", and I fix it to "he". At least I have 4 weeks before my due date, so plenty of time to get used to it.

Will have to go through all of my clothes now and take out the stuff he can't wear (onesies with tutus ,etc) I won't be too picky, a little bit of pink never hurt anyone!

Still getting through my list though. Lots of people to tell!!

1fabulousfem September 6th, 2013 06:36 PM

Oh my! Congrats on your little boy! :)

QL1516 September 6th, 2013 07:27 PM

Wow! At least there's a little time to adjust - I'd definitely need it. Makes me glad my lil homeboy here has never been shy showing off those goods. Congrats on your healthy boy! :D

SierraWinter September 6th, 2013 07:37 PM

Congrats on your little boy! That's crazy! I would be in a little shock. Least you've got a few weeks to adjust lol :)

MrsPea September 6th, 2013 07:37 PM

Holy crap that's some surprise! I'd be in shock for days that's for sure. It's a wonderful thing to find out now instead of the delivery room!

mizza411 September 6th, 2013 07:43 PM

Yes, I'm SO happy we found out now!

Feel like I lost my little girl, but I know that's silly because she never really existed. 4 weeks will be plenty of time to change mind sets, or at least I hope so. Can't even imagine finding out that "she" was a he upon delivery. For once FTM worries actually helped, otherwise I wouldn't have had the u/s and wouldn't have known.

Thanks for your support and congrats, I'm sure the total and utter shock I'm feeling now will wear off in a few days. Henry Henry Henry...just got to keep reminding myself!

JeCaLe September 6th, 2013 07:45 PM

Wow!! Congrats on your little boy!

mizza411 September 6th, 2013 07:50 PM

Yes, I'm SO happy we found out now!

Feel like I lost my little girl, but I know that's silly because she never really existed. 4 weeks will be plenty of time to change mind sets, or at least I hope so. Can't even imagine finding out that "she" was a he upon delivery. For once FTM worries actually helped, otherwise I wouldn't have had the u/s and wouldn't have known.

Thanks for your support and congrats, I'm sure the total and utter shock I'm feeling now will wear off in a few days. Henry Henry Henry...just got to keep reminding myself!

QL1516 September 6th, 2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Feel like I lost my little girl, but I know that's silly because she never really existed.
I think it makes total sense to mourn your little girl. I'd certainly feel a bit tipsy turvy and all, definitely like I lost my boy if he suddenly became a little girl. Even trying not to assign a personality to him yet, I still see him as my little boy. I visualize my baby boy. :)

Cccbb61013 September 6th, 2013 08:11 PM

With my first I knew he was a girl. It wasnt even that I wanted a girl. I just knew that baby was a girl. Every thought, every dream, every hope for the future, my child was a girl. So when she turned out to be a she I was in shock & I mourned my girl. It was strange to me b/c I actually wanted a boy t begin with but had such a strong "mother's instinct" that it was a girl, I planned my life with this girl. It took a little bit but I got over it & I wouldn't change my boy (soon to be 2 boys) for anything. Little boys are amazing, you are going to love it. But you already fell in love with your girl, so take the time you need to mourn that loss. Once you meet your baby boy, he'll make you forget all about it!