JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mondays Movers and Shakers (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677597-mondays-movers-and-shakers.html)

drewbears September 9th, 2013 05:48 AM

Mondays Movers and Shakers

How is the baby moving? Lots of movement? Does it hurt at all? Can you identify body parts?

sweety_pie September 9th, 2013 05:51 AM

Re: Mondays Movers and Shakers

Still lots of movements, and yes sometimes it hurts!! I can't really pick out certain parts but when a sharp one comes up and i can tell it must be feet or something! lol

soul_donut September 9th, 2013 05:59 AM

A lot of movement, though different. You can tell it's more cramped in there.. more squirming than anything. I hadn't ever felt any hard movements before, but lately I might get an accidental elbow that kind of twinges but overall he is sweet to me. It's the BH that my own body produces that get me all worked up, ha. But baby's doing just fine ;) I can feel when his little legs, arms, hands and feet are poking out, but I can't tell hands from feet etc yet. Last weekend was my first time, while standing, I saw a hand/foot drag visibly across my belly, poking out. I had seen a lot of that while sitting/laying, but standing? He normally settles in there and keeps his alien in check. It was cool, creepy.

Aimee319 September 9th, 2013 06:06 AM

Like Melissa said, it's definitely more cramped in there and the movement is a little different than it was a few weeks ago, more squirming. As a result I think s/he moves a little less than they used to but I remember this happening with DS right around this time so I'm not worried. I just try to do my kick counts when I remember (which isn't often) and if I feel 10/hr then it's good.

And yes it does hurt sometimes. The cervix punches do for sure and then sometimes baby just presses SO hard outward, above my belly button, like they are trying to escape. I think it's their knees cause LO is head down.

jamieshalon2 September 9th, 2013 06:07 AM

Yep definitely cramped, but a good bit of movement. Painful pelvic floor and hips when I have to get up for the first few minutes.

MrsPea September 9th, 2013 06:35 AM

Right now he's sunnyside up so LOTS of movement all over for me. He's also taken to kicking or punching my hip bone, that hurts! Every once in a while he gives me a good stretch/ roll a leg down my side that probably more surprises me then hurts me.

ILoveStorm2011 September 9th, 2013 07:04 AM

A lot of squirming. It really depends on what I've done that day...if I slept all day then I dont feel a lot, but if I'm just hanging out and not doing anything too active then I feel a lot. I just make sure to count when she's/he's active.
Not too much pain, but last night baby sure like to punch/kick my left side a lot!
Mostly squirming, though I will say that the head to my bladder was just awesome.:rolleyes:

Wanta.number2 September 9th, 2013 08:42 AM

Baby has actually flipped head down!!! and is engaged. Lots and lots of movement that has become quite painful over the past week or so. Lots of pelvic discomfort and leg swelling as he dropped further. DH can really see movements now, and feels really bad for me lol.
Can definitely differentiate between arms and feet now.

Spyctre September 9th, 2013 08:52 AM

Way less movement. She's facing my spine and head down so I feel next to nothing now. The only way I know she's kicking is because her butt right below my ribs kind of pushes out. I feel the hiccups pretty well, and every now and then her arms will stroke the sides of my hips. I sometimes feel her head move around my bladder.

She must have been face up before. I could see all sorts of movement, feel all sorts.

Iluvmybabies* September 9th, 2013 11:54 AM

She moves none stop and it hurts lots but I still love it and I'm trying to savour the feeling!

QL1516 September 9th, 2013 12:03 PM

He's still wiggling, though like the others said it's getting cramped. I don't think he's in full on head down position though so there's still plenty of movement in my future.

~Momma*2011~ September 9th, 2013 12:19 PM

THe movement went from kicks to more like full body shifts. Plenty of movement for me to know that baby is growing and well but with it getting more cramped in there some of the movements have actually been hurting for a few weeks now.

I have no idea what body parts are where.

Lemon September 9th, 2013 05:12 PM

He still wiggles around plenty. And a few times a day I see those huge movements where there are parts sticking out of my belly. :)

jennyrae03 September 9th, 2013 05:27 PM

I definitely have a wiggler. He's always squirming around. It's actually getting more difficult for me to distinguish what body parts are where, because he moves SO much, he never stays put long enough for me to be able to identify anything! I used to be able to say "okay, hiccups are here, so that means head is here and back is here, etc." now when he gets the hiccups, I feel them from his head AND back I think, and I get confused lol.

He definitely keeps sticking SOMETHING (I think it's feet) in my ribs, which is painful sometimes.

walelia2 September 9th, 2013 09:36 PM

Baby was naughty today and flipped back head up :(

Lots of movement. Hiccups, I can identify body parts usually, even with my anterior placenta. Right now baby is semi-transverse. It's strange. I guess it's back to my spinning babies exercises :/