JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Making Memories Monday (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677598-making-memories-monday.html)

drewbears September 9th, 2013 05:49 AM

Making Memories Monday

What is one of the most memorable things you feel you have experienced this pregnancy?

Aimee319 September 9th, 2013 06:12 AM

Re: Making Memories Monday

I have to say probably just the sheer joy of finding out I was pregnant, that memory stands out. With DS I was more scared, worried etc cause he wasn't planned. DH was downright devastated :( That's all water under the bridge now of course because he's the best thing ever but at the time it was scary and not the happiest moment.

This one was 100% planned though so just seeing that positive pregnancy test...I will never forget standing in my bathroom alone at 4:30AM literally shaking with excitement:smile: Other than that, I have enjoyed feeling the baby move and seeing them on U/S.

jennyrae03 September 9th, 2013 05:16 PM

Honestly, just sharing this experience with my husband has been a wonderful thing in itself. From telling him I was pregnant to the day we found out we were having a boy, and all of the cute things he says and does. :)

Also, I love feeling little guy wiggle around. It's so cool to experience.

MrsPea September 9th, 2013 07:11 PM

From start to finish this whole thing has been memorable! I will never forget waiting with my husband for the test to turn positive or the pounding of our hearts as we saw the little jumping bean on the US screen or the tears in DH's eyes when they told us it was a boy. I know the moment he comes into the world is going to be the most magical of all though! I dream of that moment so often, it is my happy place!

ILoveStorm2011 September 9th, 2013 07:22 PM

Being woken up from my nap with a call from my doctor saying I was actually pregnant and nothing was wrong with me (I went in because I wasnt getting pregnant and my periods were so out of whack). And me telling them they needed to stop joking :P Then calling DH and telling him to not get in an accident, but hey, we're pregnant!

QL1516 September 9th, 2013 11:03 PM

Me: First thing in my mind is the horrible morning sickness first & second trimester.
SO: Lack of sex.

I think experiencing the pains and not so fun stuff is maybe a little easier to remember at the moment - because I'm still experiencing it. I think I'll feel differently after he's here though. I'll remember more his movement and the milestones.

Telling everyone was definitely memorable too.

jennyrae03 September 9th, 2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QL1516 (Post 27643881)
Me: First thing in my mind is the horrible morning sickness first & second trimester.
SO: Lack of sex.

lol my hubby is in the same boat - I think he's secretly counting down the days until I'm back to normal so he can finally get some :P

Spyctre September 10th, 2013 03:43 AM

Finding out my oldest friend was expecting her first. Not about me, but that was really exciting. She had tried for 2 years, and is due about 6 weeks after me. When I got this surprise, I thought about her first, how she was trying so hard, and we were whoopsie pregnant. Best call ever when she told me she was expecting.

sweety_pie September 10th, 2013 03:50 AM

I would say getting that second line on the test, and my 7 week u/s there being a perfect little growing bean. After 2 really close losses, I was so excited and relieved!