JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   bad timing update (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677796-bad-timing-update.html)

slmehaffey September 9th, 2013 06:17 PM

bad timing update

I got to talk to my brother today about his wedding plans. He had no idea I was due then..lol.. and to further the shock he had he informed me that he was wanting my daughter to be his flower-girl..LOL...

BUT... his bride to be has decided to get grief counseling for the loss of her father (which actually happened a long time ago but she'd never gotten any help to deal with it and I think the wedding was making her think of him more being that he wont be able to walk her down the isle) and the class is a two month class and she'd like to complete it before getting married to be able to give her best to my brother as her husband. I think that is wise.

AND... as of thursday my brother found out he's going to be a dad... SO most likely the wedding will be Decemberish... she is compromising on the outdoor wedding to be sure she is at her best for him, I suggested they try to find a large greenhouse to have the wedding at so that she can have an outdoor feel to her indoor wedding.

this makes things SO much easier for me! YAY! They said they wanted to be married sooner rather than later, and my brother wants to be as much a part of this babies life as humanly possible, even telling his bride to be to remember him when she is making plans and telling people about the baby because he wants to be part of the decisions. I'm proud of him, and he'll be a great dad, they both I think wish the timing were better, but this isn't a shot gun wedding he found out she was pregnant AFTER proposing to her, so at least they have that.

MrsPea September 9th, 2013 06:32 PM

Re: bad timing update

Oh wow! Glad things worked out wedding wise so you could attend. And congrats to your brother on his new baby! What an update!

Wanta.number2 September 9th, 2013 06:34 PM

What an update! I am glad you are going to be able to attend, and congrats in your future niece or nephew!

QL1516 September 9th, 2013 06:35 PM

Yay! Kudos to her for making sure she's able to focus on marriage. And two babies close in age - that's awesome. :)

Irshtripletsmommy September 10th, 2013 04:00 AM

Awesome that you won't miss it now, and congrats to your brother and fiance :)

sweety_pie September 10th, 2013 04:06 AM

Glad it all worked out! :)

jennyrae03 September 10th, 2013 04:11 AM

Wow, I totally missed this last night!

Glad to hear you guys were able to get that sorted out, and that you'll be a part of the wedding! And yay for another new baby! :D

jamieshalon2 September 10th, 2013 04:30 AM

yay, I am glad that it all worked out.

The Purple Butterfly September 10th, 2013 04:41 AM

Glad everything worked out! Congrats to him and his fiance!

walelia2 September 10th, 2013 04:49 AM

That is great! Glad things worked out :) The indoor garden idea is brilliant.

JeCaLe September 10th, 2013 06:44 AM

So glad everything worked out for the best for you. And good for her for getting the help she needs first.

FishermansWife4 September 10th, 2013 07:04 AM

I've been reading and not able to post much but I have read about that situation and I'm so happy things worked out for you. How cute is it that they want your daughter to be the flower girl! AWE! And congratulations to him and his future bride on their beautiful addition to the family!!

Lemon September 10th, 2013 08:44 AM

Great update! :)