JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Growing Impatient (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677805-growing-impatient.html)

Wanta.number2 September 9th, 2013 06:44 PM

Growing Impatient

It feels like most of this pregnancy has absolutely flown by, but now that the nursery is done and we are totally ready for Gage's arrival, it's moving soooooooooooo sloooooooowwww. I just want to meet this little guy!

MrsPea September 9th, 2013 06:47 PM

Re: Growing Impatient

Oh I hear ya on that one! I told my husband today I wish it was October already so I could be full term and waiting for labor to being, not just waiting for full term status.

Cccbb61013 September 9th, 2013 06:47 PM

Agreed!! Since I've actually become ready, time seems to have stopped.

ILoveStorm2011 September 9th, 2013 07:24 PM

Yep, but I've resigned myself to 40 + so it seems a little less bad since I've already given up on my Due Date :P

WorkerBeeMama September 9th, 2013 08:37 PM

I think I would be fine if I wasn't so uncomfortable physically! My ribs hurt, my feet are swollen so bad, half the time I can barely eat cause my stomach feels so full, I'm constipated, and I can't even put on shoes (wearing flip flops only). Okay, rant over! I have three weeks as of tomorrow until my scheduled inducement, but I think she may come sooner than that.

Wanta.number2 September 9th, 2013 08:48 PM

Ugh, I'm so sorry Mindy! My feet have been so so swollen, I have HORRIBLE heartburn that I can't get rid of, and baby's movements have become downright painful.

Only 4 weeks left for me so far...here's to hoping she comes just a bit sooner!

Iluvmybabies* September 9th, 2013 09:08 PM

I'm only 34wks and I'm growing impatient too!!!!

east to west coast September 9th, 2013 09:12 PM

I was just saying something similar to DH yesterday. The first 30 weeks seemed to fly by (well, expect the period of time when I was barfing non-stop), but the last 4 weeks have taken FOREVER. That's the way it always goes. I'm just trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of it.

QL1516 September 9th, 2013 09:18 PM

It's not forever feeling per say, but it's kinda a weird, stagnant feeling. The next milestone is full term and then birth, so no more exciting things to tide me over and help get past the daily aches and pains. I feel ungrateful saying that, but.... I don't want to rush him, just time.

jennyrae03 September 9th, 2013 09:22 PM

I am especially impatient since I'm so far behind most of you - having just turned 33 weeks, when some of you are already full term, it's really hard to be like "woo hoo, I'm almost at the end!" Because well, I'm not. :P

jamieshalon2 September 10th, 2013 04:42 AM

MIndy, I don't actually like what you wrote, but I can totally relate. I feel the same way. I am not ready for her to come yet though. I still need to have my shower so I can figure out what I still need to buy.

sweety_pie September 10th, 2013 04:52 AM

I'm used to going overdue, so I'm mentally prepared for 40-41 weeks! :)

Wren September 10th, 2013 05:00 AM

I feel the same way, but I'm only 34 weeks. I'm being induced at 37 weeks and I have to keep reminding myself I don't actually want him to come earlier than my new "due date" since he won't be full term. I'm still not ready at all and we don't have a name, so I guess it is good if he stays in for a while longer.

FishermansWife4 September 10th, 2013 07:11 AM

Nope...Time needs to slow down over here. It's flying by for me so quickly I'm getting whip lash.

I'll trade you ladies so time can move more quickly for you and I can have more time to run around and do what needs to be done :P

Aimee319 September 10th, 2013 03:33 PM

Yes I totally feel like this. We got everything finished up for the baby last weekend so now there is nothing to do but WAIT which is excruciating. I remember I felt like this around the same time last pregnancy. Time totally seems to stand still in these last few weeks.

cooper1414 September 10th, 2013 03:39 PM

I am so tired. So ready for the next few weeks to be over. I am really getting uncomfortable, pee constantly, can't sit right at my desk because I can't breathe but if I sit back I can't reach my keyboard. Ugh.

Spyctre September 10th, 2013 05:45 PM

I honestly have some more I'd like to do around the house before baby, but it would be a lot easier to do if she was out! I wish I had some of the OB's ladies have mentioned saying they can't go over 37 weeks. According to mine, I am 37+2, or two days ahead of what I say, and I still can't be induced for almost 2 weeks. That is if I decide to go that way. Part of me still wants to have the birth date a surprise, but I am so tired!

Speaking of fat feet, Mindy, mine have gotten so large that my crocs leave dents in them!!! My ring finger is officially 3 sizes larger than before, and I went from a L to a 2X in maternity pants. All this from swelling alone, and my doc still says no. >=[ I've also had a hovering migraine on the left side of my head for near 2 weeks. I almost wish something drastic would happen then they could end this. :p

drewbears September 11th, 2013 02:41 PM

I just feel like a ticking time bomb cuz I don't know when anything will happen.