JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Fewer than 20 days left - back to L&D (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677852-fewer-than-20-days-left-back-to-l-and-d.html)

Seasaidh September 9th, 2013 10:39 PM

Fewer than 20 days left - back to L&D

Argh.

I went in to L&D again today after I got super dizzy in the shower - it was pretty scary.

I have a pulse oxymeter, so I stuck it on my finger on the way to the bed and watched what happened. My HR was 140+ bpm. I laid down for a while and got it to drop to high-90's. I sat up and watched it quickly shoot back to 120. I tried getting dressed and was distressed when it peaked at ~150.

I called my clinic's nurse and left a message. I had friends coming over and I didn't want to bail on plans with them for no good reason, so I tried to chill out for a while waiting for the callback from the nurse.

Friends arrived, we went downtown for sandwiches (and I got to ride in a Tesla model S - it was pretty awesome). I felt pretty okay - got my favoritest sandwich ever and walked around a little bit. I'm slow and easily winded these days; not terribly surprising, I guess.

The nurse called back and told me she had to advise me to go in (as I expected), so we packed a bag (just in case) and made the drive.

Nothing. They found nothing.

By then my HR had regulated completely. I had a couple high BP readings (like just over 120) and one really low one, but otherwise everything was completely normal. Of course. But I blew 4-5 hours just being sure. *sigh*

I left feeling like I wanted to cry. I mean - I should have been elated - Baby A is happy as a clam and everything is just fine and dandy, and yet I felt horribly invalidated and like I'd wasted a day. I got some advice from the Dr about what I can do if it happens again that will hopefully prevent me from another useless trip; just... ugh! So frustrating.

Anyway, long story short: all is well, and I'm on track to stick this pregnancy out to the very last - 18 long days in the future.

ILoveStorm2011 September 9th, 2013 10:52 PM

Re: Fewer than 20 days left - back to L&D

At least everything was okay! But how scary :( Hope you are feeling much better and these 18 days will fly by with no problems :)

Lemon September 10th, 2013 02:01 AM

:hug:

Glad you and baby are ok.

1fabulousfem September 10th, 2013 02:14 AM

Thank God you're okay!

sweety_pie September 10th, 2013 02:59 AM

Glad you and Baby are OK!! HUGS!!

Spyctre September 10th, 2013 03:46 AM

How annoying to have that happen, and then the doctor couldn't even see it! =P I'm glad you are better. That sounds like me with the breathing. I kept telling them it was getting bad, but they had no evidence. I just wanted them to see something so I could end this sooner!

I don't hope you have any more problems, but I hope the wait for baby is as short as possible! :D

WhitneysMommy2011 September 10th, 2013 03:48 AM

Glad everything is ok!

Irshtripletsmommy September 10th, 2013 03:52 AM

Glad all turned out well for you and the baby, you are almost at the end :)

jamieshalon2 September 10th, 2013 04:34 AM

I am glad that it all turned out ok. sounds super frustrating though. At least you got your fave sandwich though ;)

walelia2 September 10th, 2013 05:32 AM

So lame that they couldn't see what was going on :( Glad everything looks ok.

MrsPea September 10th, 2013 05:49 AM

Awe, you did the right thing, you didn't waste a day in my opinion. Glad all is well with you and baby A! After being pregnant this whole year 18 days is nothing! You can do it!

JeCaLe September 10th, 2013 06:33 AM

Glad you and baby are okay.

A similar thing happened to me, except I was at the office already. Not pulse, but my bp was 156/94, by the time they got me to L and D, it was down to 110/60. Waste of 3-4 hours in triage with nothing.

FishermansWife4 September 10th, 2013 07:07 AM

I'm glad you and Baby A are alright. That must have been scary and frustrating but I'm super glad you went in. Better safe than sorry, in my opinion. I hope you don't have any reason to go back to the hospital until your scheduled date :hug:

Mountain Momma September 10th, 2013 07:25 AM

I swear the last month is the LONGEST. Hope your sandwich was delicous, we must focus on the small things!!

Aimee319 September 10th, 2013 07:40 AM

Glad you are alright! How frustrating not to have answers though. I hope the dizziness thing stops, that's scary.

Anitha September 10th, 2013 08:13 AM

Gosh that is scary and frustrating! I am glad that everything is ok though!!

Seasaidh September 10th, 2013 08:48 AM

Thanks guys. It's actually being theorized that I have low BP and that's why my heart races - to make up the difference.

I pretty much only ever drink water. I'm having people tell me to drink things like juice and gatorade and maybe even *gasp* coffee.

It's super weird. It's like I suddenly live in opposite land. IS THIS REAL LIFE?!?!

happywife September 10th, 2013 01:25 PM

Ive been dealing with a rapid heart rate and elevated b/p too. My OB has run every diagnostic test on me that he can that is pregnancy safe. So far, all they have come up with is that it is related to the blood clot in my lung.

I'm glad you and you're babies are ok and that everything has calmed down. Ive been told that this can happen in pregnancy because of the extra blood volume. You're almost there, hang in there!

Seasaidh September 10th, 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happywife (Post 27645728)
So far, all they have come up with is that it is related to the blood clot in my lung.

Eek; how scary! Are they not trying to bust that up or get it out??

You hang in there, too, my friend. It's almost over. :hanginthere:

drewbears September 11th, 2013 02:45 PM

glad all is well. This pregnancy I have noticed I guess what would be heart palpitations? I haven't mentioned it to the doc though.