JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   OT Online shopping Rant & Warning (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2677910-ot-online-shopping-rant-and-warning.html)

FishermansWife4 September 10th, 2013 07:23 AM

OT Online shopping Rant & Warning

I ordered my car seat and stroller from sears.com in August. They ended up double charging my account. Once in August and then again in September, which over drafted my account badly. I put a stop payment on the second charge, THEN Sears.com credited my account for the item price which made my account have money that didn't belong to me in it, a decent amount too. :headwall: So, I did the responsible, karma fearing thing and told them about it. I'm just sick and tired of them screwing with my bank account. I've got money going in and out for the new house, Susan's last minute baby items, bills that I have to pay and due to all this, I can't deposit or withdraw money from my account due to fear of over drafting and royally screwing money up....I'm ready to scream or cry. It's so frustrating and on top of all that, I have to spend literally hours on the phone with people who don't understand what the problem is and have such thick accents that I can't understand them and they can't understand me. :tantrum: Needless to say, I'll NEVER order from Sears.com again. They can go ahead with themselves...or something. Thanks for listening. I'm just really, really frustrated at this point.

walelia2 September 10th, 2013 07:50 AM

Re: OT Online shopping Rant & Warning

Oh wow, that would make me so mad. This is why I try to avoid paying with CC if I possibly can. It makes me very happy when online shops accept PayPal- then even if I pay with my card, they can't just rip the money in and out without having consequences. Is there something the bank can do to stop any authorizations at all from coming in from Sears?

Anitha September 10th, 2013 07:50 AM

Oy! That would frustrate me to no end as well!! Did they finally sort it out for you?? I hope any future online purchases are not as problematic...do you shop on Amazon? They are great with refunds, returns etc.

jamieshalon2 September 10th, 2013 08:19 AM

OH that really sucks. I am sorry you are having such a crummy time with them. I ordered some clothes a while back from there, but it was a good experience. Maybe because I paid with a gift card, lol.

FishermansWife4 September 10th, 2013 08:20 AM

Thank you ladies. I have to wait 5-7 business days to see if they do everything right. Until then, my account is unusable which is driving me bonkers. I'll never shop anywhere but Amazon.com again. I love Amazon, they just didn't have the stroller or car seat I wanted there so I decided to try elsewhere. Lesson learned, I guess.

Lol Jamie next time I have to go somewhere other than Amazon, I think I'll use a gift card. Maybe it'll be less stressful.

soul_donut September 10th, 2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walelia2 (Post 27644582)
Oh wow, that would make me so mad. This is why I try to avoid paying with CC if I possibly can. It makes me very happy when online shops accept PayPal- then even if I pay with my card, they can't just rip the money in and out without having consequences. Is there something the bank can do to stop any authorizations at all from coming in from Sears?

The opposite - this is why I USE a CC. Debit cards use up your actual cash - so for example, if you have a hotel room, they'll put a big chunk on your card for a deposit. That's a big deal with debit / actual cash that goes out to paying bills. But when it's an actual credit card, you have until the next billing cycle so unless you trash the hotel room, that deposit will have come and gone without you really even knowing or being effected by it. Same with online purchasing - if there is a goof, like what happened with Sears, you aren't directly taking the hit. Plus it's a lot easier to deal with a credit card company than a bank when you're talking about "cash" vs cash.

I hope that things get figured out soon for you. If at all possible, maybe consider getting a CC to use for online purchases or something that has rewards that will work for your family - if you have monthly expenses that you always spend on it'd be great to see something back for it!

JeCaLe September 10th, 2013 08:22 AM

Ugh that sucks. I hope it finally gets straightened out correctly.

MrsPea September 10th, 2013 08:27 AM

I only pay with a credit card when online shopping, never my bank card! It's a lot easier to call AmEx or Visa where they can spot a double payment charge right away without going through the online company. Plus if that account number gets stolen it's there problem not our life savings problem!

Hope you can get the overdraft fees returned to you and this sorted out quickly!

Lemon September 10th, 2013 08:41 AM

So annoying. :( :hug:

Seasaidh September 10th, 2013 09:34 AM

Make sure Sears at least compensates you for any overdraft charges you incurred as a result of their mistake. :mad: I hate that kinda stuff, but what Melissa said totally makes sense - perhaps consider going that route in the future.

WorkerBeeMama September 10th, 2013 09:48 AM

That would make me so mad too! I am not good with stores when they royally mess up something like that!

Irshtripletsmommy September 10th, 2013 11:44 AM

That would annoy me to no end as well. I hope it gets cleared up soon.

FishermansWife4 September 10th, 2013 01:29 PM

Thanks ladies. I appreciate your advice and commiserating with me.

Melissa, I'm going to have to look into getting a credit card. I've never had one, believe it or not but now I definitely see the use for it.

Wren September 10th, 2013 03:02 PM

Credit cards have their own dangers with getting into debt, but they are good sometimes with dealing with companies you are having disputes with on your behalf. You can have the vendor fight it out with the CC company instead of dealing directly with your bank account.

Aimee319 September 10th, 2013 03:18 PM

That would annoy me too! Hope they straighten it out quick!

drewbears September 11th, 2013 02:40 PM

That sucks! I would be on the phone with them making sure they cover all the extra fees and such that you got charged since it was THEIR fault.