JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   In labor or not..... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2683449-labor-not.html)

allysmomma October 4th, 2013 07:35 AM

In labor or not.....

Been up since about 3:30am and had consistent contractions that started at:
0327, 0334, 0340 when I got up to use the restroom, 0345 pain w/no tightening, 0357, 0415 pain w/no tightening, 0425 pain w/no tightening, 0430, 0448, 0457, 0508, 0526, 0537 and then all throughout the rest of the morning off and on, but haven't had a chance to time them since I'm at work.

I did eat breakfast about 1.5 hrs ago and have been feeling nauseous for about the past half hour and tummy just kinda hurts, but it doesn't feel like upset tummy, feels more like just pain. During my contractions this morning, baby was moving like crazy in between and that has slowed considerably.

Idk what to think.

soul_donut October 4th, 2013 07:44 AM

Re: In labor or not.....

??!

Wishing you good luck! I have no idea but that sounds a little labory to me.

~Momma*2011~ October 4th, 2013 07:59 AM

If some of them hurt and some of them don't I would just watch them closely. It does sound like the start of labor. Try and time them throughout the day and see what happens.

mizza411 October 4th, 2013 08:02 AM

Hmm, I'm not sure. Even though you're at work try to feel what is happening. I'm sure if it's labour it will make itself known sooner or later though, whether you're focusing on it or not.

Wanta.number2 October 4th, 2013 08:15 AM

That does sound like the start of labor...but stay in there til Thursday!! Can you just hold it in? lol

1fabulousfem October 4th, 2013 08:18 AM

Hmmmm, sounds like the start of labor to me. Start timing those contractions and if they get more painful and consistent I would consider calling it a day at the office!
Sounds like it's baby time! :)

allysmomma October 4th, 2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanta.number2 (Post 27702303)
That does sound like the start of labor...but stay in there til Thursday!! Can you just hold it in? lol

Man I sure hope so....I've got to wait this out lol!!! I'm finally at a place where I can sit and not be too distracted to time these contractions, so I'll be keeping everyone posted. Hubby is working, but he is on high alert and been checking on me. His fellow trooper's wife went to the dr this morning and they are breaking her water, so he took off and they will be having their 3rd today!!

I hope I'm not tho!! I mean it is kinda cool to think that 2 troopers in the same zone, have wives going into labor on the same day, but I need this baby to hold on!!!

:)

MrsPea October 4th, 2013 10:03 AM

Certainly sounds like the start of things. Good luck!

Rosiegirl7 October 4th, 2013 12:29 PM

Woohoo any updates? How are the contractions now?

allysmomma October 4th, 2013 12:45 PM

Only a handful of contractions this afternoon, so baby must be playing games, however, I still don't feel the best.

Aimee319 October 4th, 2013 01:17 PM

Sounds like the start of something to me but I guess you just never know. Maybe they will pick up tonight, KUP!

allysmomma October 4th, 2013 03:12 PM

have had about a contraction an hour since noonish, but I've had one at 4:35, 4:54, and just now at 5:08 that was kinda painful, but not back pain...and why is baby been chill most of the day, but after a contraction, moving around like crazy?????

slmehaffey October 4th, 2013 03:29 PM

babies do what they want to do..lol.. some chill out during labor, some get bonkers cause they don't like the squeezing...

good luck!

allysmomma October 5th, 2013 07:47 AM

Ok, so most of last night was uneventful, I still had contractions off and on, nothing really consistent, but I usually get up to pee about 1-2 times a night. Last night I got up about 4-5 times, then this morning (TMI warning) when I wiped there was a spot of blood. I called L&D, they wanted me to come in to check me out, but I said, I will get ahold of my Dr. first. So talked to Dr. and she said that since my contractions weren't consistent and I only spotted the one time, she said, I would just need to keep an eye on things and if i started spotting more or my contractions got stronger and more painful, I would need to go in for monitoring. I will tell you that I felt like I was leaking when I was sitting in the shower this morning, but I have a pad on and there's nothing coming out, but I've pee'd twice at work and that's a rarity for me this early in the day.

Laurenj915 October 5th, 2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allysmomma (Post 27704415)
Ok, so most of last night was uneventful, I still had contractions off and on, nothing really consistent, but I usually get up to pee about 1-2 times a night. Last night I got up about 4-5 times, then this morning (TMI warning) when I wiped there was a spot of blood. I called L&D, they wanted me to come in to check me out, but I said, I will get ahold of my Dr. first. So talked to Dr. and she said that since my contractions weren't consistent and I only spotted the one time, she said, I would just need to keep an eye on things and if i started spotting more or my contractions got stronger and more painful, I would need to go in for monitoring. I will tell you that I felt like I was leaking when I was sitting in the shower this morning, but I have a pad on and there's nothing coming out, but I've pee'd twice at work and that's a rarity for me this early in the day.

All that and you still went to work???? Crazy woman! ;)

I hope you start getting consistant contractions soon.

Wanta.number2 October 5th, 2013 08:37 AM

Geez, this baby is such a tease, lol.

Just sayin, but you know what? We got our BFPs on the same day, and if baby actually waits til Thursday we will be having babies on the same day! lol

allysmomma October 5th, 2013 08:41 AM

I'm riding this one out as long as I can. I won't take any risks, but the guys at work are taking pretty good care of me and know that if I need to go, I'm out!! lol I'm not really worried at this point, I'll keep ya'll posted tho! ;)

allysmomma October 5th, 2013 09:01 AM

I hope this baby holds out til Thursday Tiffani!!!! I really am not prepared for labor right now....I'm having mixed feelings, but I'll be lucky if I make it that long!!!

slmehaffey October 5th, 2013 11:00 AM

good luck! I hope it will wait till the 10th, only 5 more days...lol.. though that doesn't look real likely at this point.

allysmomma October 5th, 2013 11:38 AM

I'm afraid your right^^^^