JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   It's Tuesday! Chat it up! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2687452-its-tuesday-chat-up.html)

drewbears October 22nd, 2013 04:11 AM

It's Tuesday! Chat it up!

The song What the Fox Say, is soooooo stupid and my kids won't stop singing it!

sweety_pie October 22nd, 2013 04:41 AM

Re: It's Tuesday! Chat it up!

I thought it was a joke lol

slmehaffey October 22nd, 2013 04:55 AM

I'm still pregnant... I don't mind being pregnant, but I REALLY want DH to see his baby! and to experience the home birth... and he leaves tomorrow, I think I may have a hard time not being in a funk all day... so disappointed.

Lemon October 22nd, 2013 05:01 AM

Morning girls.
Need to buy a hands free coffee cup device. We got up at 7 and I'm just getting my coffee at 8. Not ok, lol.

MrsPea October 22nd, 2013 05:01 AM

Still pregnant over here too. Grumble grumble, looks like I'm going to make it to my Wednesday morning appt. I just want my baby already! Give him to MEEEE!!!

slmehaffey October 22nd, 2013 05:10 AM

Mrs pea, I hear you... I think I'm going to make a concentrated effort to start packing again today... even though with DH here and my MIL in a hotel I don't feel like packing, it needs to be done and I shouldn't wait to get to it until they leave... so instead of focusing on what I can't control (my labor) I'm going to concentrate on what I can... packing the house.

MrsPea October 22nd, 2013 05:32 AM

I think that sounds like a good plan Samantha! I need a good project to distract me, twiddling my thumbs isn't helping.

jennyrae03 October 22nd, 2013 06:07 AM

I'm actually kind of excited today...the new book in the Divergent series came out today and I have been waiting all summer to read it! I had preordered it, and my phone dinged with an email at midnight that it was ready to be downloaded to my Kindle. Yes!!!

In other news, it is cold and rainy here today with a chance of snow. Gross.

Lemon October 22nd, 2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennyrae03 (Post 27751504)
I'm actually kind of excited today...the new book in the Divergent series came out today and I have been waiting all summer to read it! I had preordered it, and my phone dinged with an email at midnight that it was ready to be downloaded to my Kindle. Yes!!! In other news, it is cold and rainy here today with a chance of snow. Gross.

I meant to reread 1 and 2!

I need to get that on my kindle to read during night nursing, lol.

MrsPea October 22nd, 2013 06:22 AM

What is this Divergent series?

jennyrae03 October 22nd, 2013 06:40 AM

Angela, I just reread the first two last week so they would be fresh in my mind - if everything goes according to plan, I will have this new one finished by tomorrow afternoon :) I'm a fast reader, especially when I'm really excited about a book! lol

Margaret!!! You read them RIGHT MEOW!

Divergent: Veronica Roth: 9780062024039: Amazon.com: Books

MrsPea October 22nd, 2013 07:03 AM

Oh I could totally get into this, but is it as bleak as the Hunger Games?

jennyrae03 October 22nd, 2013 07:09 AM

No, I don't think so - just my opinion of course, but I think I almost kind of like these more than the Hunger Games? And I really love the Hunger Games! This series has action, a bit of romance / confused young love, and some unexpected twists to it. I highly recommend it, if you're looking for something new to read! It's definitely very gripping - I always have a hard time putting it down.

Lemon October 22nd, 2013 07:20 AM

Boob chat!

My right nipple was so painful. Figured out his latch was bad on that side. I've been working on his latch the last 24 and it's just about painfree now! Now my more nipple can heal. Happy day!

Engorgement is finally improving too!
I still have a lump in one armpit that showed up the day my milk came in. Doctor google says it could take a few weeks to resolve. I've been using a warm compress. Don't have any flu/matisis symptoms.
Has anyone else had this before?

Giving little man his first sponge bath in a bit,
And packing up his nb clothes because he was born too large for them. Rude, lol.

MrsPea October 22nd, 2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon (Post 27751687)
And packing up his nb clothes because he was born too large for them. Rude, lol.

LOL, this is why I only have like 3 onesies in NB size.

jennyrae03 October 22nd, 2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

I love when things ACTUALLY make me lol :) That was cute.

Glad to hear your booby situation is remedying itself. I can't wait to have boob drama! haha!

mizza411 October 22nd, 2013 07:35 AM

I wish I had more nb onesies! He's swimming in everything 0-3 and I only have 4 nb onesies.

Today should be quiet. Hoping for a shower soon and working out visitation schedules with about 10 people over the next few days, so it's going to be busy. Lots of people still to meet this little guy. :)

Jenny, boob drama is pretty awesome, I think. It's all worth it :)

Aimee319 October 22nd, 2013 07:39 AM

Hanging out here, DH and DS are picking up a few things at Wal Mart. NAK :nak::)

Henry is one week old today, I can't believe it! DH goes back to work tomorrow, I am a little sad about it because it went by fast but I am thankful we had the time together that we did. He's been home since I went into labor last Monday night.

We are going to spend as much time together today as possible, going to rake leaves for DS3 to jump in, relax, etc :)

Wanta.number2 October 22nd, 2013 07:48 AM

DH has gone back to work, but this is his last week of coming home every night. For the next YEAR he will be staying at a hotel Monday through Thursday, and getting home Thursday night and leaving on Sundays. We can stay with him at the hotel but it would be difficult with a newborn/baby and a Kindergartener. *sigh* Its just Gage and I today... I need to make a run to the grocery store, but I think I'll wait for DH to get home. Need to pick up MORE medicine today too. Stupid surgery.

FIL will be coming to stay the weekend. Ugh, I love FIL but I'm so tired and still don't feel like visitors. I don't care if you come visit, but I don't want people here for 3 days, ya know?

sweety_pie October 22nd, 2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Giving little man his first sponge bath in a bit,

I had the opposite thing happen lol I bought 0 newborn things expecting a big baby, but got a tiny little man. DH had to go buy him newborn clothes lol hes just now outgrowing them, soon time to pack them away!! :(