JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Monday Chat (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2688655-monday-chat.html)

Lemon October 28th, 2013 04:21 AM

Monday Chat

Morning girls.

How's everyone doing today?

Rosiegirl7 October 28th, 2013 06:19 AM

Re: Monday Chat

Tired. The night time feedings are killing me especially when I don't nap the day before. My body is still adjusting to the lack of sleep. Today a nap in on the agenda, and maybe take a long walk with the stroller to starts redding some lbs.

I'll also be checking in for updates on babies!! :)

ILoveStorm2011 October 28th, 2013 06:38 AM

Phoebe slept for 5.5 hours last night! Then she slept a good 1.5-2 the rest of the night :) Hoping she stays down another two so I can nap again.
Other than that my DH got me a little sick. I thought Phoe had a fever so I did the paci thermometer that said 99 so we did rectal...it was like 97 and barely going up fast enough to be a fever. I felt so guilty because she hated it.
Today just going to some local colleges to see who can help me get my associates degree finished before we move to yet another state! Yikes.

mizza411 October 28th, 2013 06:41 AM

I'm tired too. Today is dh's first day back at work and I'm nervous. Henry hates being put down so I'm in for a long day. I should count my blessings though because he did entertain himself on the bed for about 15 mins this morning so I dressed and brushed my teeth. Woohoo! I'm pretty sure little man has colic, he cries whenever he's awake, so trying gripe water, but he hates the taste! It's tough, but I keep trying to remind myself this is a relatively short period of time and trying to keep my sanity.

Lemon October 28th, 2013 06:44 AM

We got a 4 hour stretch last night, then almost 3 hours. I'll take it!

I just called the OB for an Rx for thrush. :(

William has his follow up weight check. I'm sure he has passed his birth weight. He's a piggy.

DH is working from home this week. Last week I have help with the big kids and school drop off/pick ups. Eep!

Aimee319 October 28th, 2013 06:50 AM

I'm doing okay, for a Monday. Tired but what else is new. Henry woke up every couple of hours last night and I couldn't get back to sleep after the 5AM feeding. Hoping I can grab a nap later if I can get my 3 yr old to sleep as well, which might actually be possible since he woke up around 5 too.

I got a shower in before DH left for work so that felt nice. Today will be spent trying to work on my mountains of laundry, and I am REALLY hoping to finish my birth story. It's been almost 2 weeks and I need to get it down before I forget the details, I've just had no time.

Mizza- it is really tough when they refuse to be put down, I'm sorry you're going through it cause it's exhausting. I know you said you tried gripe water, but have you tried those gas drops? They helped my DS1 sometimes. Good luck today while DH is at work.

mizza411 October 28th, 2013 07:04 AM

Thanks , Aimee. What are the gas drops called? I have never heard of them.

Lemon October 28th, 2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mizza411 (Post 27763416)
I'm tired too. Today is dh's first day back at work and I'm nervous. Henry hates being put down so I'm in for a long day. I should count my blessings though because he did entertain himself on the bed for about 15 mins this morning so I dressed and brushed my teeth. Woohoo! I'm pretty sure little man has colic, he cries whenever he's awake, so trying gripe water, but he hates the taste! It's tough, but I keep trying to remind myself this is a relatively short period of time and trying to keep my sanity.

:hug:

I have William gripe water for his gas last night.

ILoveStorm2011 October 28th, 2013 07:11 AM

My dd gets gas everytime i put her down too. i just keep giving her the paci and it sometimes passes

Aimee319 October 28th, 2013 07:11 AM

We have the Little Tummy's brand, but they are all basically the same, the main ingredient is simethicone. It supposedly helps with gas and moves it out of their system. It's pretty gentle, and it helped DS1 a bunch of times.

MrsPea October 28th, 2013 07:29 AM

Morning, another day and still pregnant. At this rate I'll probably be the last to go. :(

anothermother October 28th, 2013 07:47 AM

Gripe Water saved our sanity with DD2. We got some this time but it didn't help his colicky times, thankfully it doesn't happen often though.

We had a great relaxing weekend with just our little family. I was very sad to see Monday come and DH off to work. And now I have 7 loads of laundry to fold (I swear it breeds at night). Can't wait for the weekend again!

jamieshalon2 October 28th, 2013 07:48 AM

Morning ladies. My friend from work had her baby boy yesterday. I'm really excited for her. It has been a very hard pregnancy for her. As for me, I made a carrot cake and now working on homemade chicken and dumplings for my oldest sons 13th birthday today. I can't believe Im a mom to a teenager lol.

Wanta.number2 October 28th, 2013 08:05 AM

Pretty awake today... Gage has been upside down on his schedule, up ALL NIGHT LONG for two days, and yesterday I spent most of my time feeding and pestering him to keep him awake. Last night he FINALLY got back to normal and was only up every 3 hours to eat. Actually getting some sleep was awesome.

Right now he's curled up napping on his tummy time mat, and has been accompanied by my lazy and attention starved cat, Zoey. LOL. She is using his butt as a pillow.

DH has officially left until Thursday afternoon for work, so it will be my first week alone. So I'm trying not to worry.

QL1516 October 28th, 2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Morning, another day and still pregnant. At this rate I'll probably be the last go.
:( The waiting sucks. I'm hoping that we've got another group of babes arriving and well see your post soon.

I'm tired, but dealing ATM. Hoping for a nap in my near future. Logan let me go 2 hours twice during the night. No nap yesterday either because we were introducing SO's older kids to him, then dinner at his parents house. I would try to lay down earlier, but it usually makes no sense to if SO is getting home right in the middle of my 3 hours.

Ugh, I feel myself crashing, but I hear the I'm gonna wake up soon squeaks.

Struggling with the age old dilemma a bit ago while holding Logan - guilt over work, not wanting to go full time maybe, knowing I must at my job, stress over child care, mental debate over a second child and when... Feeling pretty good otherwise.

mizza411 October 28th, 2013 09:17 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies!

mama2ladybugs October 28th, 2013 09:59 AM

just put athena in her crib to watch a movie. her screaming/squealing crap is really getting to be too much!! vivian is happy in the wrap right now. eric is off work at 4 and i am hungry. LOL

i still have to go for my walk today though. i had a veggie omelet for breakfast and a side of oatmeal. it was so good although i do wish i had sauteed the veggies.

2Corinthians10:4 October 28th, 2013 12:56 PM

We're doing pretty good over here. Currently I am nursing Atlas while Addi lays on the bed next to me doing her math work. After we are going on a walk and then she will do handwriting and reading while I make lunch, and the rest will be done after nap. We are SLOWLY getting a routine down!

Seasaidh October 28th, 2013 02:14 PM

Alasdair is finally starting to give me a break - we've had a few good nights in a row! I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm sooooo grateful for what I've got - I no longer feel desperate with exhaustion, and that's huge.

We've been co-sleeping and I figured out that he likes a combination of being on me and being... not on me to sleep. At first he couldn't sleep at all stationary - he needed to be walked around, driven around, in his swing, etc. Then for a week or so I tried sleeping with him on my chest and that worked better but he was still having restless nights and keeping me awake. Lately I've been cuddling up to a pillow on my side and nestling him so that his weight is on the pillow and he is right up against my chest. It makes it really easy to dream-feed him, it's super comfy for me (esp. when I put a pillow between my knees) and he sleeps really well like that so far *knock on wood*. I'm just trying to figure out how to stop us from getting so warm while we sleep that way, but otherwise it's pretty perfect. I just hope it keeps working.

He's up 3 lb since birth and still pigging out, so there's no end in sight. I just do breast feeding or pumping depending on what I need at the time and so far it's working. I have some formula as a back-up in case of disasters, but we just keep trucking and haven't needed it at all.

I'm happy to report that I've been truly loving my job as his mommy - he's making it easy for me so far and taking care of him has been very rewarding. I've been having a lot of anxiety, but the blues have been making only guest appearances. I am deeply thankful that he's healthy and that things are going well, and I only hope that they continue on this trend.

SierraWinter October 28th, 2013 03:07 PM

Have a crock pot of elk stew going, it's raining out and suppose to snow up to 7" tonight. After pumping and dumping for another two weeks while I eliminated some things from my diet, and had baby on a hypoallergenic formula - we reintroduced breast milk again this weekend. After 24 hours of only a couple of ounces of breast milk per feeding she starting showing signs of an allergy again. So back on 100% formula again. I've tried so hard, pumping and dumping when I was in the hospital and on meds after my infection, I can't believe it really might not work. Her pedi is submitting the paperwork today to see if the insurance will help cover some of the cost of this formula since it looks like she has to be one it. The pedi also doesn't want us to keep trying the breast milk, says we are risking her developing a life long allergy if we keep (whatever it is) in her system. Baby girls refux was also bad this weekend, she had to be held upright constantly (I ended up just wearing her in the Ergo). She seems way better today with the reflux thankfully, only one spit up and less gagging/chocking/wheezing/rasping.

Also, anyone else with little girls have them projectile pee? Dang! I thought only boys did this!

On an upside I had my first glass of champagne, yuuuuuuuummy :smile: