JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/)
-   -   No appt. til 4 months....what???? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1918-october-2013-playroom/2701891-no-appt-til-4-months-what.html)

allysmomma January 6th, 2014 11:16 AM

No appt. til 4 months....what????

Ok, it's kinda weird, but my doc saw Amberly at 6 wks and said we don't have to come back til 4 months. I've been thinking about this and it doesn't seem right. With DD1 and DS, I know I remember being seen before 4 months, so I called the doc office this morning and sure enough, no appt til 4 months. :( I'd sure like to know how long she is or how much she weighs. I think I'll take her to the local dr office this week and get her weighed and length checked, just for my own sanity. I know she's growing, but still. I see all of your updates and I'm like feeling left out over here...lol!!! I'll get that done this week and KUP!!!

jamieshalon2 January 6th, 2014 11:42 AM

Re: No appt. til 4 months....what????

that is strange to me too. I thought they were seen every month in the beginning of life. Maybe they are changing the standards or something. I thought 2 month shots were pretty common everywhere though.

allysmomma January 6th, 2014 11:52 AM

Thats what I was thinking, but the secretary said today, that since she got all of her shots, she wouldn't need to be seen til 4 months. It may be the "new change" you know how that goes, it's been different with every kid. Not that, but seems like something is always changing. She could be like, well this is your 3rd kid, the others haven't starved to death and are in good health, so no need to check on this one, since you know what your doing!!! lmbo!!!

Wanta.number2 January 6th, 2014 12:20 PM

Gage was seen twice after he was born for his inital Newborn checkup at about 7 days old, then another at 1 month for a second Newborn Screen, 2 months for 1st vaxs and then again at 4 months.

That would be strange to only be seen twice in 4 months... I would have to agree!

jennyrae03 January 6th, 2014 03:58 PM

Logan had a visit from a nurse at home at 5 days, then had a 2 week well baby check, a 2 month well baby check w/vaccines, and won't be seen again until 4 months. I do find it annoying that I can't get my baby weighed whenever I want to! I seriously considered putting him on my food scale...

allysmomma January 6th, 2014 04:03 PM

Well, I should have said that she was seen at 1 wk and 2 wks(to make sure she was gaining weight), but other than her 6 wk, nothing. But, she's healthy as far as I know. :)

mizza411 January 6th, 2014 04:52 PM

We did a few visits up to 6 weeks with the midwife, then we did a 2 months appointment at the Dr and now no other appointment until 4 months. I think it is strange they're not doing a 2 months, but if all the shots have been done then maybe it's not necessary?

Lemon January 6th, 2014 06:22 PM

We do 2 months and then 4 months.

Spyctre January 6th, 2014 09:29 PM

They are changing things here, too. It used to be at 6 weeks, 2 months, and then 4 months. Now it's at 1 week, 6 weeks, 2 months, and 4 months. However, I never bother coming when they say. This go I went at 2 weeks, skipped the 6, was unable to schedule the 2, and hopefully will get her first vaccinations at 4.

sweety_pie January 7th, 2014 02:03 AM

We did 1 week, 2 months here as well. Next visit is 4 months.

allysmomma January 7th, 2014 06:43 AM

Ok then, must be a change in the "norm" now.