JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   October 2014 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-october-2014-playroom/)
-   -   Colostrum already? :( (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f2018-october-2014-playroom/2721358-colostrum-already.html)

Sylvera May 22nd, 2014 03:32 PM

Colostrum already? :(

I guess it's a good thing I ended up randomly reading about breastfeeding & such a few days ago, because otherwise I think I would have been a lot more alarmed by randomly starting to leak colostrum. It's not a lot, but I was having some pain in one of my breasts and noticed a little bit of clear fluid when I investigated. It's a very very slow trickle, but definitely there.

Gotta be honest, I am a bit bummed out! I was under the impression this would happen later - ideally WAY later?! Am I really doomed to leak for 5 whole months? :( I'm going to guess it's got no reason to stop now that it's started, does it?

To be totally honest (TMI), my breasts are one of my favourite erogenous zones and this can be nothing but bad for my sex life. Nobody wants to play with leaky breasts. Ho hum!

Is it normal to get colostrum so early? It doesn't ramp up in volume very quickly, does it? BTDT moms, any insight on what I can expect from here on?

~*Bethy*~ May 22nd, 2014 03:43 PM

Re: Colostrum already? :(

This is my first pregnancy that I havent leaked. But I am getting the waxy build up. If it gets bad to where your nipples are sticking to your bra, you can buy some disposable breast pads.

And no, it wont stream out untill a few days after birth :lol:

~*Bethy*~ May 22nd, 2014 07:38 PM

Double post

Amelya May 22nd, 2014 08:07 PM

Colostrum comes in at 18 weeks of pregnancy. Some women leak some dont. I used to get all kinds of question when I worked as a breastfeeding peer counselor at WIC.

Maddy6912 May 22nd, 2014 09:08 PM

I have never leaked while pregnant! I thought I would but I have never, but breast pads work well!

lfavorite83 May 23rd, 2014 05:43 AM

I have started getting the waxy buildup, but no leaking per se. Not looking forward to this experience at all, especially since I'm not planning on bfing!

AmyLM May 23rd, 2014 07:27 AM

I have never leaked during pregnancy but lot's of women do. Try not to let it get in the way of your fun though! :)

butterflies.in.a.jar May 23rd, 2014 10:06 AM

My last pregnancy, I didn't leak til the last month or so, and it was only at night, so I'm not much help, sorry!

Sylvera May 23rd, 2014 11:34 AM

Darn, so I really am unlucky! I feel like a leaky faucet :(

I was just wondering if it was overly early for me to be getting colostrum, but it sounds like it comes in at a different time for everyone, and some people do start to see it this early. I wish I were as lucky as you ladies and it would just stay put, but in an odd way it is a little reassuring - at least I know everything is working properly. Thanks for the input!

~*Bethy*~ May 23rd, 2014 01:50 PM

It just means you are ready to go when the baby comes :)

Amelya May 23rd, 2014 09:18 PM

If it makes you feel better, its very unlikely you will be like this the whole pregnancy :D